The mLink Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis from mLogic gives you the freedom to connect professional add-in PCIe cards to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port—not just the Mac Pro. Now you can experience the functionality of RAID controllers, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and audio/video capture cards on the latest iMac, Mac mini, Macbook Air, or MacBook Pro models.
mLink takes half-length Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis to a new level of light weight and compact size. Yet it still provides two 10 Gbit/s Thunderbolt ports and supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices, including other mLinks, storage devices, mDP monitors, and the Apple Thunderbolt Display. You can also make DVI, HDMI, and VGA monitors part of the chain by using mDP adapters. mLink supplies 10W of power to support bus-powered Thunderbolt devices.
mLink's design makes it easy to swap PCIe cards into and out of the enclosure. mLink features a PCIe x16 slot, which accommodates a single half-length, half, or full-height PCIe card. A temperature controlled, variable speed smart-blower keeps the installed PCIe card optimally cool with minimum noise. And mLink powers on and off with the Mac to save power.
- One of the smallest and lightest Thunderbolt expansion chassis available
- Adds a PCIe expansion slot to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port—single Gen2 x16 PCIe slot (x4 electrical)
- Supports half-length, full, or half-height PCIe cards with a Thunderbolt-aware driver
- Two 10 Gbit/s Thunderbolt ports
- Supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices and DP, mDP, HDMI, and VGA displays.
- Variable speed smart blower keeps system cool and quiet
Did you notice?With mLink you can attach an audio/video capture card to your Thunderbolt-enabled MacBook Air or MacBook Pro.
Apple Recommends ForLink PCIe cards to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port.
What's in the Box?
- mLogic mLink Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis
- Universal AC power adapter
- Installation guide
- Note: Thunderbolt cable not included; must be purchased separately
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Height: 5.86 in./14.88 cm
- Width: 2.75 in./6.98 cm
- Weight: 1.8 lb./0.82 kg
- Length: 8.1 in./20.57 cm
- Mac OS v10.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: MLINK
- UPC or EAN No.: 854927003046
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
It says it needs aThunderbolt aware driver !? What's that ? Will this work with Universal Audio UAD2 PCIe cards ? Anyone has info ?
- Asked by Richard Y from Coquitlam
- Dec 22, 2013
Your PCI vendor has to update the driver to work in a Thunderbolt environment. It is not plug and p Your PCI vendor has to update the driver to work in a Thunderbolt environment. It is not plug and play. I am trying to get www.blackmagicdesign.com to do the same with their video capture card and so far no go. Vendors want to sell Thunderbolt accessories in my opinion, not update drivers for old products. Sad. …
- Answered by Jeffrey S from Scarsdale
- Jan 3, 2014
Wonder if it would work with a SeriTek/e6G eSATA and/or BlackMagic card?
- Asked by Jason M from Madison
- May 23, 2013