3M™ Privacy Filters help prevent anyone from viewing your on-screen data from the side, while maintaining impressively high clarity when viewed straight on. Each Privacy Filter is custom-cut for the relevant MacBook Pro or MacBook Air model. Each package for MacBook Pro also includes a unique attachment system that features an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens.
- Helps keep on-screen information private; screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Reversible with glossy finish on one side and a matte finish on the other
- Glossy side offers highest clarity for viewing; matte side offers reduction in screen glare
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
- Made in USA
Did you notice?Safeguards your display and gives you the choice of a glossy or matte surface.
Apple Recommends ForUse your Mac in coffee shops, airports, and other public places while keeping on-screen text private.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Width: 12.13 in./30.8 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length: 8.94 in./22.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMRR13
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829332
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Does what its supposed to
The filter really does work... its almost impossible for people sitting on the left and right of you to see whats on the screen... The filter really does work... its almost impossible for people sitting on the left and right of you to see whats on the screen... I thought that this had slide mounts in the box (so that i can remove the screen easily) but it does not. I had to get them separately from 3M... The filter does scratch easily though especially if you tend to remove it a lot. …
- Written by Mubushir R from Scarborough
24 of 26 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?
- Asked by Andrew H
- Jan 16, 2014
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either! …
- Answered by Frederick G
- Mar 25, 2014
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
- Nov 14, 2013
I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filt I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filter appears to be virtually much darker than I expected. However, when I put it on, it doesn't seem to affect much. I have the brightness slightly less than halfway in a room with normal light and it is more than enough for me. Note that I use the matt side (as I hate glare and reflection). Would have loved to compare it side by side with the glossy one but don't think there's a big difference.
All in all, the filter doesn't bother me at all with the brightness. …
- Answered by Kriengsak P from Gold Coast
- May 5, 2014
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 19, 2013
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
- Jul 26, 2013
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 10, 2013
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
- Jul 23, 2013
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
- Apr 9, 2013
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 14, 2013