The LifeProof nüüd case wraps your iPad in complete waterproof safety—without the bulk of a screen cover. It frees you to use your iPad by the pool, at a camp site, or anywhere outside the comfort of your home or office.
More than protection
LifeProof’s CrystalClear anti-reflective coated optical-glass lens ensures that you get distortion-free photos and videos. And its dynamically designed Sound Enhancement System lets you hear your iPad audio at maximum volume and clarity.
- Waterproof your iPad—fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Screen-free cover lets you touch, see, and use iPad without obstruction
- Totally sealed from dirt and dust
- Completely protected from snow and ice
- Built to military standards to survive drops from up to 4 feet
- Includes a multi-position stand for reading, watching, or typing
- Transparent back shows off Apple personalized engraving and iPad design
- Easy-access charging port
- Large waterproof speaker ports for maximum sound output and clarity
- CrystalClear anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Every case water tested at the LifeProof factory
Did you notice?nüüd technology completely waterproofs your iPad and protects it from drops, while keeping it free of a bulky screen cover.
Apple Recommends ForUse your iPad safely in any environment, no matter how wet or dirty.
What's in the Box?
- LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad
- Headphone jack covers (2)
- Headphone jack cover keeper
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Water test unit
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic, TPU
- Height: 0.8 in./2.05 cm
- Width: 8.2 in./20.8 cm
- Weight: 11.6 oz./330 g
- Length: 1.04 in./26.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1103-02
- UPC or EAN No.: 851919003510
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.lifeproof.com/en/policies-and-warranties)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
When I purchased the Lifeproof for iPad case the sound was muffled with FaceTime and video camera. I contacted Lifeproof directly When I purchased the Lifeproof for iPad case the sound was muffled with FaceTime and video camera. I contacted Lifeproof directly and was sent a new case. The first case had the microphone cover just a little off center causing the microphone to be partially covered. The service from Lifeproof was quick and easy. Apple would have taken it back but I felt I wanted to deal directly with Lifeproof so they would see the problem. I followed all install instructions (including the water test). The cover doubles as a stand and works well.
I also have the Lifeproof case and arm band holder for my iPhone 4S.
I am very happy with the performance of the Lifeproof products and the way they stand behind their product. …
- Written by Rhonda N from Phoenix
87 of 92 people found this useful
Absolutely thrilled with my life proof case for both my iPad and iPhone. I have not taken under water film with the iPad yet but Absolutely thrilled with my life proof case for both my iPad and iPhone. I have not taken under water film with the iPad yet but I have washed it under the sink with great results. I have taken underwater film with the iPhone version in the pool and the clarity is amazing. I wish the stand was designed differently but its not as flimsy as it looks online.
Pricey but its well worth the peace of mind that your investment is protected and even more functional with the underwater capabilities. …
- Written by Robert B from Croydon
69 of 72 people found this useful
Must buy !
- Written by Priya J from Cupertino
42 of 56 people found this useful
Definitely not worth it go fre
I've bought the iPhone 5c and the Nuud case at the same time and tested it at the Sprint store.. needless to say the test worked f I've bought the iPhone 5c and the Nuud case at the same time and tested it at the Sprint store.. needless to say the test worked flawless but when I got home well 3 days later I went into the pool and got out and my phone was full of water.. The sticker didn't show water damage but but the camera lense did and I took it to the mall and someone was nice enough to open it up and wipe the camera clean; now there was a lot of water but luck was on my side and it didn't touch the sticker. So I took it back to Sprint and got a new phone and case and called it a faulty product although the real fault is that the Lifeproof nuud case isn't even secure. I mean I trusted it cause I had a lifeproof case for my iPhone 4s and I took under water videos and it worked flawless. …
- Written by Kyle B from Palmdale
0 of 1 people found this useful
It works, but it doesn't
Let me qualify that statement by saying that, if you buy this case to keep your ipad protected from water damage, it will work wel Let me qualify that statement by saying that, if you buy this case to keep your ipad protected from water damage, it will work well, but only under perfect circumstances. Let me expain.
I bought this case to protect the ipad that I use for my children. The first thing that surprised me is that the case that you get is extremely low-tec. It costs $150 once you add the tax on, and for that you get a glorified plastic box with a rubber gasket. Even if you can get past the fact that it is under no circumstances worth that much, there is more that awaits you once you've bought it.
1. The main blue gasket that provides the waterproofing between the two 'halves' - This is very hard to work with when you open the case. It takes multiple tries to get it to be in the exact right position so that when you close the case, you can use the "home' key. If it's not aligned just right, once you've closed the case, the 'home' key won't work, and you have to open it again and try and realign it. Even after doing it dozens of times, it still took me 3-4 tries to get this right every time.
2. The blue foam piece on the clasp that covers the charge slot - This is the piece that ultimlately caused the LifeProof case that I had to fail, and resulted in me losing my ipad. I know that LifeProof provides no warranty on the product that they are supposed to protect so I didn't bother asking, and yes, I did leave the ipad in rice for 1 week (I'm somewhat of a rice expert, having successfully recovered my saturated Iphone) and it is not working at all. The problem with this piece of foam is that it is so easy for a child to pick off of the clasp (it's only glued on, and not very well at that). I had the first lifeProof case that I got replaced because that part came off, and then, last month when I took it into the pool to get an underwater shot of my son, I wasn't aware that someone had picked that part off in the last week or so and the ipad case filled up quickly and soaked the ipad. My complaint is that such a vital piece is so poorly affixed.
I am not trying to discredit a decent product. The people at LifeProof are helpful and replaced the first one when the foam piece came off. But the fact remains, if you are shelling out almost 40% of the cost of your iPad to keep it save, you expect something that is fool-proof (child-proff).
On the strength of that, and the fact that I now have to shell out good money for a new iPad, I can't recommend this case to anyone. …
- Written by Marc Z from Roanoke
0 of 1 people found this useful
Not Totally LifeProof
I guess I'm spoiled with my OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 5 as it has a built-in screen protector which I absolutely love.
Th I guess I'm spoiled with my OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 5 as it has a built-in screen protector which I absolutely love.
Thought I'd give this one a go for my iPad ... Hey wait a minute, where's the built-in screen protector? I suppose LifeProof thinks there's no getting the screen scratched in this life.
It's like popping a kid's ballon. LifeProof goes through all the trouble of making this case waterproof, blah, blah, blah, but does NOT bother protecting the iPad's screen with a built-in screen protector. Instead the case seals in the iPad around it's own glass screen. It is what the company terms as, "Nüud". I assumed Nüud meant a super thin, high tech, responsive plastic layer (it got me all excited) for maximum pleasure and protection. LOL. So much for making up new words. The funny part is that there's a clear plastic screen to protect the back of the iPad... And yes, the iPad is installed the right way!
The case is good, but feel you are really paying for the waterproof feature because chances are you'll never get your screen dirty or scratched underwater. …
- Written by James P from Mississauga
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a screen cover that comes with this or I can buy to protect it when the Ipad is in a bag? Thanks
- Asked by Jamie J
- Aug 10, 2014
The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you b The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you buy the LifeProof nuud case the fit will be extremely tight with a glass screen protector.
I've got a Mime USA Glass screen protector so I know that the glass screen protector is too thick to use for the LifeProof nuud case, though I haven't tried the thinner slim glass version yet.
Also keep in mind because the glass screen protector is thicker and creates a tighter fit, you really have to squeeze it into the case, so you may end up just cracking the glass screen protector anyway. …
- Answered by Yi-hsing C from Burwood
- Aug 18, 2014
ls the lifeproof case for ipad compatible with emprum ultimate gps device?
- Asked by Eric S from Brooklyn
- Sep 24, 2014
Is a headphone adapter needed for this LifeProof case?
- Asked by Mark D from Bloomingdale
- Mar 4, 2014
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headph Hey Mark!
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headphone jack plug.
Once you plug n the adapter you can listen even in the tub!
I'd think LifeProof would send you one if you didn't get one, it would be good customer service on their part, but here I'm just speculating.
Good luck and enjoy …
- Answered by Jacki J from Calgary
- Mar 6, 2014
Does this product when complete with iPad air float ?
- Asked by Billy H
- Jan 6, 2014
No this will not float, but LifeProof does make an accessory product called the LifeJacket that woul No this will not float, but LifeProof does make an accessory product called the LifeJacket that would allow it to float. However, you wouldn't want this case for your iPad Air as it is not compatible. LifeProof is working on a case for the iPad Air but unfortunately there is currently no known release date. …
- Answered by Shawn R from Washington
- Jan 24, 2014
Will this fit an iPad mini retina?
- Asked by Javier E from Phoenix
- Nov 12, 2013
I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lif I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lifeproof that this case WILL NOT fit the Ipad Mini Retine and they are working on new cases for Air & Mini Retina but they are months away from releaseing the new cases. This is a bummer as I have used they cases and they are great. Waiting is a bummer. …
- Answered by Vernon M from Gig Harbor
- Nov 19, 2013