The LifeProof nüüd case wraps your iPad in complete waterproof safety—without the bulk of a screen cover. It frees you to use your iPad by the pool, at a camp site, or anywhere outside the comfort of your home or office.
More than protection
LifeProof’s CrystalClear anti-reflective coated optical-glass lens ensures that you get distortion-free photos and videos. And its dynamically designed Sound Enhancement System lets you hear your iPad audio at maximum volume and clarity.
- Waterproof your iPad—fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Screen-free cover lets you touch, see, and use iPad without obstruction
- Totally sealed from dirt and dust
- Completely protected from snow and ice
- Built to military standards to survive drops from up to 4 feet
- Includes a multi-position stand for reading, watching, or typing
- Stand is useable as a cover for backpack/luggage/purse protection
- Transparent back shows off Apple personalized engraving and iPad design
- Easy-access charging port
- Large waterproof speaker ports for maximum sound output and clarity
- CrystalClear anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Every case water tested at the LifeProof factory
- Choice of models compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad (4th generation) or iPad mini
Did you notice?nüüd technology completely waterproofs your iPad and protects it from drops, while keeping it free of a bulky screen cover.
Apple Recommends ForUse your iPad safely in any environment, no matter how wet or dirty.
What's in the Box?
- LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad
- Cover and stand
- Headphone adapter
- Headphone jack covers (2)
- Headphone jack cover keeper
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Water test unit
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic,TPU
- Height: 0.8 in./2.05 cm
- Width: 8.2 in./20.8 cm
- Weight: 11.6 oz./330 g
- Length: 1.04 in./26.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1103-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 851919003350
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.lifeproof.com/en/policies-and-warranties)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Peace of mind: your iPad is safe!
This cover is a lifesaver for your iPad. My iPad is critical to my work as a physician, and I was always afraid of it dropping, br This cover is a lifesaver for your iPad. My iPad is critical to my work as a physician, and I was always afraid of it dropping, breaking, or getting wet. This case solves that. It truly is waterproof, and you don't have to cover up your sensitive screen to make it so (although you can buy an approved screen protector from Zagg). The stand is easy to use. Read the directions carefully, and you'll have no problems. Not too heavy, still fits in my purse and white coat pocket, and I can hand it to patients without fear. …
- Written by Elise S from Sugar land
139 of 147 people found this useful
LOVE IT. I bought this bc I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone and it works great. A little on the heavy side, but it acts as a d LOVE IT. I bought this bc I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone and it works great. A little on the heavy side, but it acts as a deterrent to walking around with it. It has withstood spills, spittle, crumbs, drops, and tug of wars. Easy to attach. The one thing I didn't like is the part that covers the sound switch on the side. The bit of plastic keeps slipping over the switch. I like how bc it is "nude" it's easier to use the touch screen however b/c of this you can't use any screen protective covers therefore leaving it open to scratches. …
- Written by Liz Y from Irvine
50 of 53 people found this useful
I use my ipad at work in construction.
This case allows you full access to the sides of the screen, unlike many others that are a I use my ipad at work in construction.
This case allows you full access to the sides of the screen, unlike many others that are at this level of protection.
Not only is this case easier to hold than just the ipad, you do not want to put it down.
My only gripe with this case is the cover is hard to remove at times. once it breaks in, it gets better, but would like to see a change in this for my next tablet. Thanks lifeproof. …
- Written by Elgin J from Edmonton
49 of 52 people found this useful
Protection a price
Protection for a device this big comes at a price. This case is big and a bit heavy and the buttons are not quite as smooth as a c Protection for a device this big comes at a price. This case is big and a bit heavy and the buttons are not quite as smooth as a case free iPad but don't get me wrong, in my opinion this is the best case for the iPad hands down. This case really does give you the freedom to do anything with your iPad. I have dropped my iPad countless times and it has yet to get a crack or a dent, not to mention dropping it to the bottom of a pool without any trouble. …
- Written by Samuel T from Denver
2 of 2 people found this useful
Don't be fooled its horrible
FOR (ONE) The rubber buttons on the outside case that surpress your own iPads buttons do it all the time and don't stop and its ha FOR (ONE) The rubber buttons on the outside case that surpress your own iPads buttons do it all the time and don't stop and its hard to get them to work properly like the sound button etc for one are continually suppressed making the sound bell icon on the screen permanent and never releasing or the photo button taking a zillion pictures by mistake cause it gets continually pressed by the outer rubber one. (Two) snapping the case together is a pain as it uses a rubber thin tube gasket that fits in a thin slot and comes out of its slot unintentionally all the time and is hard to keep in its slot and is constantly popping out and inhibiting the case from closing (Three) its hard to snap shut and easy to crack the case because it almost has to be muscled and forced to close and reopen. overall its overpriced i totally regret buying this. …
- Written by John D from Upland
14 of 21 people found this useful
Not for use in sunlight
I bought this case to protect my iPad at the helm of my sailboat while using GPS-based navigational apps.
However, after about I bought this case to protect my iPad at the helm of my sailboat while using GPS-based navigational apps.
However, after about 10 minutes in the case exposed to sunlight, the iPad overheated and went into emergency cool-down mode.
It was not a particularly hot day - 80F, partly cloudy.
However, direct sunlight will raise the internal temperature too high in a very short time.
So, this case is NOT a solution to the problem of keeping your iPad safe at the helm of a boat, or in any other situation where it will get direct sunlight for even relatively short periods of time.
Too bad, because otherwise I liked the case very much, but back it goes. …
- Written by Christopher L from Sausalito
13 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lif I just purchased one for my inbound mini-retina and just discovered online and then confirmed by Lifeproof that this case WILL NOT fit the Ipad Mini Retine and they are working on new cases for Air & Mini Retina but they are months away from releaseing the new cases. This is a bummer as I have used they cases and they are great. Waiting is a bummer. …
- Answered by Vernon M from Gig Harbor
- Nov 19, 2013
Is the Lifeproof nuud case compatible with the new ipad air
- Asked by Paula B
- Nov 7, 2013
Lifeproof is working on Ipad Air case,they will not say exactly how soon it will be released,but at Lifeproof is working on Ipad Air case,they will not say exactly how soon it will be released,but at Lifeproof.com you can give your e-mail address so that they will notify you when available! …
- Answered by Charlie W from Chicago
- Dec 6, 2013
Is there a life proof case that allows you to carry keyboard w/ Ipad
- Asked by Richard S from Lanexa
- Jul 2, 2013
No... if you are looking for something that connects magnetically then there is nothing available be No... if you are looking for something that connects magnetically then there is nothing available because every life proof case covers the magnets in order to sustain its waterproofness. If you want a keyboard, what i recommend is getting the bluetooth keyboard made by appple. They cost 69$ but it is worth it as it is the same keyboard that comes with the imac and has very good battery life and connects via bluetooth seamlessly, highly recommended. …
- Answered by Mattan M from Los Angeles
- Sep 25, 2013
Yes. It fits perfectly. I'm using one right now. I love it!! It offers complete piece of mind.
- Answered by James C from New Bern
- Aug 5, 2013
How is it waterproof if the screen is not covered?
- Asked by Curtis S from Anstruther
- Jul 11, 2013
The case is completely waterproof. The bezel of the case has a rubber thing that goes around the ipa The case is completely waterproof. The bezel of the case has a rubber thing that goes around the ipad. It makes it so that the water can't get inside the iPad. …
- Answered by Paul B from San Francisco
- Jul 12, 2013