The LifeProof nüüd case wraps your iPad in complete waterproof safety—without the bulk of a screen cover. It frees you to use your iPad by the pool, at a camp site, or anywhere outside the comfort of your home or office.
More than protection
LifeProof’s CrystalClear anti-reflective coated optical-glass lens ensures that you get distortion-free photos and videos. And its dynamically designed Sound Enhancement System lets you hear your iPad audio at maximum volume and clarity.
- Waterproof your iPad—fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Screen-free cover lets you touch, see, and use iPad without obstruction
- Totally sealed from dirt and dust
- Completely protected from snow and ice
- Built to military standards to survive drops from up to 4 feet
- Includes a multi-position stand for reading, watching, or typing
- Transparent back shows off Apple personalized engraving and iPad design
- Easy-access charging port
- Large waterproof speaker ports for maximum sound output and clarity
- CrystalClear anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Every case water tested at the LifeProof factory
Did you notice?nüüd technology completely waterproofs your iPad and protects it from drops, while keeping it free of a bulky screen cover.
Apple Recommends ForUse your iPad safely in any environment, no matter how wet or dirty.
What's in the Box?
- LifeProof nüüd Case for iPad
- Headphone jack covers (2)
- Headphone jack cover keeper
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Water test unit
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic, TPU
- Height: 0.8 in./2.05 cm
- Width: 8.2 in./20.8 cm
- Weight: 11.6 oz./330 g
- Length: 1.04 in./26.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1103-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 851919003350
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.lifeproof.com/en/policies-and-warranties)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Peace of mind: your iPad is safe!
This cover is a lifesaver for your iPad. My iPad is critical to my work as a physician, and I was always afraid of it dropping, br This cover is a lifesaver for your iPad. My iPad is critical to my work as a physician, and I was always afraid of it dropping, breaking, or getting wet. This case solves that. It truly is waterproof, and you don't have to cover up your sensitive screen to make it so (although you can buy an approved screen protector from Zagg). The stand is easy to use. Read the directions carefully, and you'll have no problems. Not too heavy, still fits in my purse and white coat pocket, and I can hand it to patients without fear. …
- Written by Elise S from Sugar land
186 of 204 people found this useful
I use my ipad at work in construction.
This case allows you full access to the sides of the screen, unlike many others that are a I use my ipad at work in construction.
This case allows you full access to the sides of the screen, unlike many others that are at this level of protection.
Not only is this case easier to hold than just the ipad, you do not want to put it down.
My only gripe with this case is the cover is hard to remove at times. once it breaks in, it gets better, but would like to see a change in this for my next tablet. Thanks lifeproof. …
- Written by Elgin J from Edmonton
90 of 99 people found this useful
LOVE IT. I bought this bc I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone and it works great. A little on the heavy side, but it acts as a d LOVE IT. I bought this bc I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone and it works great. A little on the heavy side, but it acts as a deterrent to walking around with it. It has withstood spills, spittle, crumbs, drops, and tug of wars. Easy to attach. The one thing I didn't like is the part that covers the sound switch on the side. The bit of plastic keeps slipping over the switch. I like how bc it is "nude" it's easier to use the touch screen however b/c of this you can't use any screen protective covers therefore leaving it open to scratches. …
- Written by Liz Y from Irvine
88 of 101 people found this useful
Performs as describes
We purchased this for use in our school's swimming pool for stroke analysis by team coaches and teachers.
After extensive and ca We purchased this for use in our school's swimming pool for stroke analysis by team coaches and teachers.
After extensive and cautious testing it has performed flawlessly for several months now.
Care must definitely be taken to assemble it properly, and the rubber gasket seemed too thin to work, but it does indeed keep it waterproof. Once together, I wouldn't recommend removing it from the case constantly; just leave it in the case.
We're now buying a few more, but this time for the iPad minis. …
- Written by Paul Y from Markham
6 of 6 people found this useful
When I was working at work ( kids party center) I was using it for our green screen system and it dropped on carpet from my hands When I was working at work ( kids party center) I was using it for our green screen system and it dropped on carpet from my hands and it cracked the screen ONLY AT 4 FEAT!!! Everyone says it such a great case and it protects but it doesn't. Lifeproof told us that the device wasn't covered under the warranty.
Very disappointed …
- Written by Edward J from Medina
15 of 26 people found this useful
Protection a price
Protection for a device this big comes at a price. This case is big and a bit heavy and the buttons are not quite as smooth as a c Protection for a device this big comes at a price. This case is big and a bit heavy and the buttons are not quite as smooth as a case free iPad but don't get me wrong, in my opinion this is the best case for the iPad hands down. This case really does give you the freedom to do anything with your iPad. I have dropped my iPad countless times and it has yet to get a crack or a dent, not to mention dropping it to the bottom of a pool without any trouble. …
- Written by Samuel T from Denver
17 of 17 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a screen cover that comes with this or I can buy to protect it when the Ipad is in a bag? Thanks
- Asked by Jamie J
- Aug 10, 2014
The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you b The previous answer stated a glass screen cover is the best...
I agree with that however if you buy the LifeProof nuud case the fit will be extremely tight with a glass screen protector.
I've got a Mime USA Glass screen protector so I know that the glass screen protector is too thick to use for the LifeProof nuud case, though I haven't tried the thinner slim glass version yet.
Also keep in mind because the glass screen protector is thicker and creates a tighter fit, you really have to squeeze it into the case, so you may end up just cracking the glass screen protector anyway. …
- Answered by Yi-hsing C from Burwood
- Aug 18, 2014
ls the lifeproof case for ipad compatible with emprum ultimate gps device?
- Asked by Eric S from Brooklyn
- Sep 24, 2014
can I use this with the square product?
- Asked by Denise R from Silverdale
- Sep 13, 2013
Is a headphone adapter needed for this LifeProof case?
- Asked by Mark D from Bloomingdale
- Mar 4, 2014
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headph Hey Mark!
Yes there is an adapter that should have come with your case. It also has an extra headphone jack plug.
Once you plug n the adapter you can listen even in the tub!
I'd think LifeProof would send you one if you didn't get one, it would be good customer service on their part, but here I'm just speculating.
Good luck and enjoy …
- Answered by Jacki J from Calgary
- Mar 6, 2014