Apogee Duet USB Audio Interface for iPad, iPhone, and Mac
Apogee Duet USB Audio Interface for iPad, iPhone, and Mac
The award-winning Apogee Duet combines an audio interface, headphone amp, and MIDI interface that makes it a snap to create professional recordings in any location on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac. Incorporating Apogee's legendary digital audio conversion and world-class mic preamps, Duet is the best way to capture your music with incredible dimension and detail.
Legendary Apogee sound quality
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Duet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Duet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Full-color OLED display
Duet's primary visual control center is a full-color OLED high-resolution display. It gives you clear visual feedback for numerous essential functions, such as metering, numeric value for input and output levels, group, phase, muting, phantom power, and Soft Limit indication.
Configurable touch pads
Two configurable touch pads on either side of the multi-function controller knob let you promptly manage such output functions as “mute output," “dim outputs," or “sum to mono.” And there's a drop-down menu that lets you assign each one within Apogee's Maestro iOS and Mac application.
MIDI on iPad
Duet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. On iPad, Duet's MIDI connection allows both Duet and a keyboard or DJ controller to be connected at the same time to the iPad's single 30-pin dock port (or via the Lightning connector using an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter).
DC power charges iOS devices
With a direct digital connection and an external power source, Duet is able to charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch while you record so you won't experience any interruptions.
- Two combination Line/Mic/Instrument inputs
- Two balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- One independent ¼-inch stereo headphone output
- Two microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- Low-latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS and Mac OS)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad
- Includes Lightning to USB cable
- Selectable 48V phantom power, Soft Limit, and phase invert
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Works with any Core Audio compatible app on iOS or Mac including GarageBand, Logic, Final Cut, Ableton Live, and Pro Tools
- Designed in California; made in the USA
Did you notice?Four outputs let you send different stereo mixes to your speakers and headphones.
Apple Recommends ForRecord, produce, and mix professional-quality music on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee Duet USB Audio Interface for iPad, iPhone, and Mac
- Breakout cable with two combination Line/Mic/Instrument inputs and two Balanced Line Outputs
- Lightning to USB cable
- USB cable
- 30-pin iOS cable
- Universal power supply with NA, EU, UK, AU, JP
- Quick start guide
- Software download and installation instructions
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono,XLR
- Height: 0.79 in./2 cm
- Width: 4 in./10.2 cm
- Weight: 1.1 lb./500g
- Length: 6.3 in./16 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6.8, 10.7.5, or later; iOS 5.1.1 or later
- Intel processor
- 2 GB RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- Mfr. Part Number: DUET-IOS-MAC
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301167
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Apogee Maestro is the control application for MFi compliant Apogee audio interfaces. Maestro lets you access and adjust all features and settings from 5 simple tabs. Maestro also significantly improves latency (the delay that occurs during recording) with a hardware based low latency mixer.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Doesn't Pass MIDI Correctly....
What can you say about Apogee. They have high quality stuff and the integration with Apple is awesome as they seem to be partners. What can you say about Apogee. They have high quality stuff and the integration with Apple is awesome as they seem to be partners.
I can't give it four stars, because it does not work with your expensive keyboard. What I mean is that if you have a Yamaha Motif keyboard, then the USB will not pass through to your device, even though the Yamaha Motif keyboards work with the iOS directly. In order for you to have MIDI and audio at the same time, you will have to purchase another device if you have a VERY POPULAR Yamaha Motif. It is confusing that my Yamaha Motif XF works directly into my iPad and iPhone using the USB MIDI, but the Apogee will not pass the USB.
4-Stars if they fix this, but as it stands it is a major flaw in the engineering not to completely Pass through the MIDI and let the iOS handle which devices it wants to allow to work via MIDI. …
- Written by JAMAL H from Orlando
5 of 5 people found this useful
Portable High Quality
Excellent sound quality compares to the best rack mount interfaces in terms of preamps and general sound quality . Price is a bit Excellent sound quality compares to the best rack mount interfaces in terms of preamps and general sound quality . Price is a bit high, but you get what you pay for. If you are looking to record on an iPad or iPhone this is the perfect solution. It is the only device on the market that allows you to charge your i Pad while using it, all others (there are a few high grade interfaces that work with ios) you would need to stop working and wait to recharge, that would just kill any ideas or musical inspiration you have if for that one time you forgot to recharge.
I found that the latency is great! You can play guitar or sing without any delays, even on an iPad 1 is usable.
All in all don't waist your time to look and compare if you want portability, quality and peace of mind not having to recharge all the time then there is no contest, the only thing is the price tag. …
- Written by RAMI P from D.D.O
32 of 33 people found this useful