Speck's SmartShell case works together with your Apple Smart Cover to provide full coverage of your iPad. Made from form-fitting hard plastic and just 1.2 mm thick, SmartShell delivers sleek, impact-resistant protection. Plus, the back of the case securely attaches to the magnet in your Smart Cover when fully opened.
- Specifically designed for iPad, the SmartShell is an ideal match for your Apple Smart Cover
- Wrap-around convenience—the SmartShell secures the Smart Cover in place when open, allowing it to lie fat from edge to spine
- Ultra-thin (1.2 mm), durable shell offers a solid protective layer
- Lightweight one-piece design is easy to snap on and off
- Cases for iPad are compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation); cases for iPad mini are compatible with all iPad mini models
Did you notice?SmartShell secures your Smart Cover in place when open by using the Smart Cover's magnet to attach to the SmartShell metal connector.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your iPad light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for iPad
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.65 in./1.65 cm
- Width: 5.7 in./14.48 cm
- Weight: 4.48 oz./127.01 g
- Length: 8 in./20.32 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1912
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000453
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit with the new ipad mini with ratina?
- Asked by Worapong W from Oak Park
- Nov 18, 2013
It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smart It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smartshell case for the retina version, but it says "coming soon", so I would think if they are releasing a case specifically for the retina version, I would imagine the original one isn't compatible. I have asked Speck if they know the release date for the new case but they don't know yet. …
- Answered by Julie B
- Dec 1, 2013
Does this Speck Shell for the back of device fit the new iPad Mini with Retina?
- Asked by Gayle M from Marysville
- Nov 25, 2013
No answers yet
Can the speck smart shell case stands upright with d smart case cover when folded
- Asked by Bakre O from Abeokuta
- Sep 29, 2013
Can this be used while using a smart COVER?
- Asked by Heather E from Massapequa
- Sep 19, 2013
yes it can, on the left side there is a blank spot just for the smart case.
- Answered by Eric M from Valrico
- Sep 22, 2013