The Bose Companion® 2 Series III system delivers a significant performance upgrade in sound quality over your computer's original speakers and most conventional speakers. These speakers are engineered with proprietary digital signal processing to improve performance, delivering crisp, clear audio at all listening levels. Exclusive TrueSpace® stereo digital signal processing reproduces wide, lifelike sound from just two speakers, bringing more life to music, games, video, and streaming media.
These sleek and compact speakers fit easily in their surroundings to save valuable desktop space. Dual inputs make it a snap to connect your computer and portable audio sources at the same time. Both volume control and the headphone jack sit on the front of one speaker to provide easy control over your listening experience.
- Delivers high-quality sound and a significant performance upgrade over most conventional speakers
- Proprietary digital signal processing improves performance, delivering crisp, clear audio at all listening levels
- TrueSpace stereo digital signal processing circuitry reproduces wide, natural sound from only two speakers, bringing more life to music, games, video and streaming media
- Reproduces music and sound effects with clarity and fullness from a remarkably small enclosure
- Dual inputs provide easy connections to your Mac and additional audio sources
- Volume control and headphone jack are conveniently within reach on the front of the right speaker
- Sleek, elegant design complements the look of your Mac
Did you notice?Dual inputs let you connect your Mac and iPod at the same time, so there's no fiddling with wires when you want to change audio source.
Apple Recommends ForStunning desktop audio from movies, music, or games on your Mac and IOS device.
What's in the Box?
- Bose Companion 2 Series III multimedia speaker system
- Power cord
- Audio input cable with mini plug
- Speaker cable
- Owner's guide
- Connections: 1/8 Inch Stereo
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Power: AC/Mains
- Height: 7.5 in./19.05 cm
- Width: 8.5 in./21.6 cm
- Weight: 5.1 lb./2.31 kg
- Length: 11 in./27.94 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 354495-1100
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817602853
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited parts and labor
Ratings & Reviews
exactly what i expected, price can't be beat
these speaker accompany my iMac 10.8.4 OS and the sound is delicious (not tinny, not base-heavy). I've been able to adjust and equ these speaker accompany my iMac 10.8.4 OS and the sound is delicious (not tinny, not base-heavy). I've been able to adjust and equalize with my itunes as I see fit, and the Bose quality can be heard loud and clear. Sounds great watching tv shows, listening to live music, acoustic and studio recordings. I bought Bose headphones for $100 5-6 years ago and those are still kicking after being worn out practically, so I imagine I'll get the same length of wear/tear out of these desktop speakers. Man, you can't beat this price, I am very happy! …
- Written by Mollie M from Reno
69 of 70 people found this useful
Decent, but most importantly---cheap!
I wasn't really expecting much out of this 99 bucks pair of speakers, and their actual performance sounded worthy of the money. I I wasn't really expecting much out of this 99 bucks pair of speakers, and their actual performance sounded worthy of the money. I mean, these are not the best speakers you can find for your mac or PC, but for the price, they do a pretty decent job. I would expect them to reproduce lower in the low end, and crisper in the high end, but if that means $100 or more to spend, I'd rather stay with this pair. …
- Written by Mingding W from West Lafayette
61 of 65 people found this useful
Very Good Sound for a 'Starter' Speaker System from Bose
I have just listened to a few selections on these new speakers. The sound is vivid from these 'beginner' speakers from Bose. I l I have just listened to a few selections on these new speakers. The sound is vivid from these 'beginner' speakers from Bose. I listen to mainly classical music from iTunes as well as selections from YouTube. These speakers are a vast improvement from an earlier set of speakers that I owned and will be a major step up from the raspy built-in speakers on computers. An excellent value for listeners who are on a budget but want sound of good quality. …
- Written by THOMAS A from PHILADELPHIA
59 of 61 people found this useful
Awesome Sound for such a Great Price!
Two small speakers create the perfect sound for listening to movies, games, and music. Bose makes wonderful speakers! Buy it, tr Two small speakers create the perfect sound for listening to movies, games, and music. Bose makes wonderful speakers! Buy it, try it, and you will always buy a Bose for your entertainment. …
- Written by Neko R from Baton rouge
1 of 1 people found this useful
Nice and heavy, but sound could be better
I wouldn't exactly call these speakers cheap considering the sound is very average. Don't expect great bass. I do like that they a I wouldn't exactly call these speakers cheap considering the sound is very average. Don't expect great bass. I do like that they are heavy and are not easily knocked over when you bump them, as happens with other small computer speakers. The knob has a very firm and sturdy feel that makes you think of good quality. Too bad the sound is not better. …
- Written by Edward R from McHenry
2 of 2 people found this useful
AMAZING SOUND, especially for the price!!
Have owned several speakers for my iMac in the past and these are much better quality. They far exceed my expectations! I'm enjo Have owned several speakers for my iMac in the past and these are much better quality. They far exceed my expectations! I'm enjoying my music library more than ever. I never write reviews but just had to praise these Boses! …
- Written by Judith B from Austin
8 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I need to fill a 30'x45' room with music. Didn't see the sound output for the Bose Comapanion 2 in the tech specs. How much sound do they output?
- Asked by Shawn M from Pittsburgh
- Aug 13, 2014
do these speakers work with a mac mini?
- Asked by Holly E from Mayfield
- Jun 21, 2014
Yes. I use these speakers with a Mac mini and they work well.
- Answered by Edward R from Mchenry
- Jun 29, 2014
do these speakers work with tv's aswell as computers?
- Asked by Richard C
- Jul 11, 2014
Will these speakers work with my ipad?
- Asked by Deborah W from Laredo
- Mar 9, 2014
Absolutely - just plug them in to your headphone socket and away you go :-)
- Answered by Mike G
- Apr 7, 2014
Can these speakers be used with an macbook air? Is any adapter needed?
- Asked by Hadi S
- Mar 13, 2014
These connect via a standard 3.5mm headphone jack which all Macs have so yes, they will work!
- Answered by Lorenzo F
- Apr 8, 2014
Is there a wireless speaker to work with both Macbook pro and iphone5?
- Asked by Kimberly Z from Keshena
- Aug 18, 2013
You want an Airplay speaker. Philips have their Fidelio range with speakers from as little as £120. You want an Airplay speaker. Philips have their Fidelio range with speakers from as little as £120. I have several sets which combined with my Apple TV plugged into a decent HIFI, give me great sound all over the house. Work with all Macbook pro's running OSX 10.8 onwards and iPhone 5 and iPad etc. …
- Answered by Andrew H from Chester
- Nov 28, 2013