The B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system is designed for use with your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch and other audio devices. In addition to impressive portable sound, it provides a natural resting place for charging your iPhone or iPod touch. You can even use multiple Beolit 12 units to create a superior multi-room sound system.
- Simple four-button user interface: Volume up and down, Network on/off, product on/off
- Built-in power supply and rechargeable battery
- Battery playtime: Up to 8 hours wired or 4 hours via AirPlay
- Compatible with Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer App
- Software upgradeable via web interface
- Compatible with all Bang & Olufsen remotes
Did you notice?The dedicated Beolit Setup app (available from the App Store in iTunes) lets you set up your Beolit 12 directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Apple Recommends ForA portable speaker that lets you share superb audio from your iPhone or iPod touch wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system
- Quick start guide and user's guide
- Power cord
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 120W digital Class D amplifier, two 2-inch tweeters, and one 4-inch woofer
- Power: 100-240V
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power, USB
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.48 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 5.31 in./13.3 cm
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.8 kg
- Length: 9.05 in./23.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1290950
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260039818
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years*
- *When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
I bought this at a B & O store. It is expensive and performs poorly. This is the 3rd one that was sent to me and still have prob I bought this at a B & O store. It is expensive and performs poorly. This is the 3rd one that was sent to me and still have problems with it. …
- Written by Benjamin R from STUDIO CITY
Fantastic Sound, if only battery lasted more than a year!
OK great Sound, worked great first year, used it all over, now it has to be plugged in to work. If I could get ahold of someone t OK great Sound, worked great first year, used it all over, now it has to be plugged in to work. If I could get ahold of someone that could get new battery it would be perfect, sadly battery is big issue for such a high priced unit. …
- Written by Garth H from Asheboro
amazing airplay speaker with battery the best of this kind in the world
When I first saw the design on the B&O website, it wasn’t quite attractive to me , although it looked exquisite and luxurious. On When I first saw the design on the B&O website, it wasn’t quite attractive to me , although it looked exquisite and luxurious. On the first sight, it looked like a pinic basket. It was meant to be taken anywhere you like because it is truly a wireless speaker with flawless music playback. The sound produced by the speaker is warm and not bright. The upper treble is lacking in power and definition but it is still excellent quality. The lower treble and mid-range are great – very detailed and both are in high clarity. The bass is a little weak, I mean the bass is solid clear, but I feel it is lacking in some power (it seems like this is due to the music played) When playing high quality music from CD, this speaker sounds amazing good. Forget about playing low quality mp3 files… this speaker will bring the awful sound of the music files out. I am using 192 to 400-900 kbps mp3 files for most of my songs on my phone for the testing of this speakers.
For the setup of the speaker for airplay, it was somewhat troublesome at first. But after trying 2 times, the setup is quite easy – just follow instructions. Feature-wise, it comes with a long lasting battery, usb port for charging music playback devices and this speaker support playing music through the usb port. It also have a auxiliary line-in 3.5mm port for any audio players. It is excellent choice and highly recommended by me. …
- Written by Ronald C from Singapore
10 of 12 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
When will this unit be in stock on the Apple store online?
- Asked by James O
- Sep 1, 2014
Can I leave the beolit 12 plugged in all the time? Would it harm the battery?
- Asked by Arcot P from Paradise Valley
- Jul 19, 2014
Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have implemented a very well working battery handling so it's made to be left in all the time. I've done so for two years now and when I take it of the battery still gives me 8hours of music (with cable) …
- Answered by Troels S
- Sep 10, 2014
can i connect to beolit 12 from my macbook air wirelessly? also can i connect it to apple tv?
- Asked by Steffen H
- Jun 5, 2012
yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose beolit 12 as sound output from speaker icon in the mac os bar at the top (beside the wireless icon) …
- Answered by Ronald C
- Feb 17, 2014
Can I use it for listening to my tv. my tv has no wi fi?
- Asked by Wei X from Plymouth
- Apr 30, 2012
Yes- it has a small (earphone style) auxiliary jack, but you'll need to supply your own cable.
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
- May 28, 2012
I have a big jambox and that unit has amazing sound and it is VEARY loud. Is the beo lit 12 as loud ?
- Asked by Courtnay P from Winnsboro
- Jun 5, 2013
Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure yo Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure you that this speaker gets loud. …
- Answered by Joseph D from Chapel Hill
- Nov 7, 2013