The B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system is designed for use with your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch and other audio devices. In addition to impressive portable sound, it provides a natural resting place for charging your iPhone or iPod touch. You can even use multiple Beolit 12 units to create a superior multi-room sound system.
- Simple four-button user interface: Volume up and down, Network on/off, product on/off
- Built-in power supply and rechargeable battery
- Battery playtime: Up to 8 hours wired or 4 hours via AirPlay
- Compatible with Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer App
- Software upgradeable via web interface
- Compatible with all Bang & Olufsen remotes
Did you notice?The dedicated Beolit Setup app (available from the App Store in iTunes) lets you set up your Beolit 12 directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Apple Recommends ForA portable speaker that lets you share superb audio from your iPhone or iPod touch wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system
- Quick start guide and user's guide
- Power cord
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack,USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 120W digital Class D amplifier, two 2-inch tweeters, and one 4-inch woofer
- Power: 100-240V
- Power Source: AC,Battery Power,USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.48 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 5.31 in./13.3 cm
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.8 kg
- Length: 9.05 in./23.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1290950
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260039818
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years*
- *When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Great little speaker with a lot of power
I must confess to being a B&O fan for years and I do own many other products from B&O.....but putting that aside, this is a really I must confess to being a B&O fan for years and I do own many other products from B&O.....but putting that aside, this is a really powerful speaker and I would recommend it again and again. The biggest thing that I like about this speaker is the battery function; allowing you to take this to the beach (or somewhere else far away from an AC outlet) and still use it for hours. If there is no wireless signal where you are, like on a boat, you can use the built in USB port on the speaker to play the music and charge your device!
Caveat: There was issues with a limited amount of the early Beolit 12's dropping wifi due to a wifi chip not working properly, but B&O addressed it by replacing those units with brand new ones and sourcing a new wifi chip manufacturer for all new speakers. There is no longer a problem with the wifi dropping out, just beautiful music, streaming wirelessly, being played without an electrical cord, accurately and loudly! I love mine and wouldn't give it up for anything else. …
- Written by Joseph D from Chapel Hill
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a big jambox and that unit has amazing sound and it is VEARY loud. Is the beo lit 12 as loud ?
- Asked by Courtnay P from Winnsboro
- Jun 5, 2013
Will it work playing cd's on my computer?
- Asked by Katherine G from Mesa
- Jan 13, 2013
Yes. I'm actually hearing a CD, which I run on my Mac, through my Beolit 12. I use iTunes to play th Yes. I'm actually hearing a CD, which I run on my Mac, through my Beolit 12. I use iTunes to play the CD (refuse to import it), works like a charm.
- Answered by Paul S
- Aug 3, 2013
Can I use it for listening to my tv. my tv has no wi fi?
- Asked by Wei X from Plymouth
- Apr 30, 2012
Yes- it has a small (earphone style) auxiliary jack, but you'll need to supply your own cable.
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
- May 28, 2012
do the B&O speakers wirelessly work with the New IPAD?
- Asked by Glenn B from Alexandria
- Apr 10, 2012
Yes it does work with the new iPad wireilessy
- Answered by Benjamin R from Studio City
- Apr 23, 2012
Does it come with a remote to turn it on and connect to the network for Airplay?
- Asked by Robert S. K from Milwaukee
- Apr 15, 2012
No remote to turn it on, but once you've established AirPlay connection, your iPhone or iPod Touch I No remote to turn it on, but once you've established AirPlay connection, your iPhone or iPod Touch IS your remote. What's nice is, the phone's volume syncs with the Beolit's volume, while connected. B&O says all their remotes work with it, but it's really not needed. And the speaker itself is portable, so I don't miss a remote at all. …
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
- May 28, 2012
can we keep the beolit 12 on when connected to power contact
- Asked by Kaushik M from Scarsdale
- Apr 26, 2012
Yes it will. You need to update the software on your beolit. The beolit and the airplay function w Yes it will. You need to update the software on your beolit. The beolit and the airplay function will stay on when connected to the outlet. The update will also allow you to setup up AirPlay wirelessly through the App on your iPhone or iPad …
- Answered by John C from Madison
- Jun 2, 2012