iHome iDL100 Lightning Dock Triple Charging FM Clock Radio with USB Charge/Play
iHome iDL100 Lightning Dock Triple Charging FM Clock Radio with USB Charge/Play
A dual-alarm clock radio that offers two docks with Lightning connectors, the iHome iDL100 gives you the freedom to play and charge a wide range of iPad, iPhone, and iPod models. Its two flexible 2.1-amp Lightning docks plus a USB port let you charge three devices at once. You can also wake and sleep to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, to a custom playlist, or to FM radio.
Convenience and superior audio
The auto sync feature quickly sets the time by syncing the clock to your iPhone (which is always current via cell phone towers). You can also set two separate alarms with different times on different days with the 7-5-2 feature. In addition, the iDL100 offers six FM presets, EQ controls and 3D sound, and Reson8 sound technology for an exceptional audio experience.
- Plays and charges iPad, iPhone or iPod models with Lightning or 30-pin dock connector
- Powered by included universal AC adapter
- FM radio with six programmable presets
- Auto Sync automatically syncs unit to iPhone time in seconds
- Line-in jack to listen to other audio devices
- Programmable snooze
- 2.1-amp USB port
Did you notice?Auto sync automatically syncs the clock's time with your docked iPad, iPhone, or iPod.
What's in the Box?
- iHome iDL100 FM Clock Radio system
- Universal voltage (100-240V) AC adapter
- Input Type: Lightning Connector, USB
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: Two 2.25-inch dynamic speakers
- Power Source: USB
- Height: 4.45 in./11.3 cm
- Width: 5.91 in./15 cm
- Weight: 2.89 lb./1.31 kg
- Length: 10.24 in./26 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: iDL100G
- UPC or EAN No.: 047532902259
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Good product, with some gotchas
I've been using mine for about a month now. Overall it's a pretty nice system, but does have a few quirks.
- The sound i I've been using mine for about a month now. Overall it's a pretty nice system, but does have a few quirks.
- The sound is really impressive. I'd expect nothing less from an iHome product, but it bears calling out.
- The alarm features are much more refined. You are able to set the wake-up volume, etc (whereas my previous ihome you usually hoped it would be at the right level).
- Can handle up to 3 devices (2 lightning and one usb). Really nice if you're a gadget nut.
- plugging in or unplugging a secondary device causes the primary device to reconnect. In other words, if i go to plug my ipad into the dock, my iphone will buzz as if its been reconnected.
- My primary device when the alarm is going off will also buzz / ring when the alarm is going off as if its reconnecting. I don't know if this is an issue with my system, but it's really annoying in the morning.
- secondary lightning dock is difficult to plug an ipad into (takes some jiggering) which is a result of how the connector is oriented.
- Secondary lightning dock is impossible to use if you have any kind of case on your ipad (i had a speck shell on mine, which is pretty thing). Often i end up using the usb port for my lightning cable so i don't wake my girlfriend up at night.
Bottom line, this is good if you have a bunch of devices, but there are some issues that still need to be worked out for the overall design. …
- Written by Stephen A from Colorado Springs
92 of 99 people found this useful
Not designed as well as its predecessor
I own the older iHome radio made for the previous generation iPad/iPhone connection. Loved it. Easy to connect to and worked wit I own the older iHome radio made for the previous generation iPad/iPhone connection. Loved it. Easy to connect to and worked with most iPad/iPhone cases.
I was expecting a similar, well-thought-out design.
Unfortunately, the connections do NOT work with even the thinnest of cases. The support personnel were aware of the problem and blamed it on Apple requirements. It just seems like the product of bad team work between the two companies. It just wasn't practical to remove the case for the iPad or iPhone every time I wanted to use it, so we just returned it. I mean, you can connect it using a cable rather than removing the case, but it's ridiculous that you can't use the docking connection with even a thin case on. …
- Written by Brendan E from Chesterfield
82 of 86 people found this useful
Great for those with mulitple devices
Fantastic option for those of us with multiple devices that need overnight charging. I can charge my iPhone, my iPad and - through Fantastic option for those of us with multiple devices that need overnight charging. I can charge my iPhone, my iPad and - through the USB charging port on the rear of the unit - my Amazon Kindle with one device. The USB port allows me to charge my bluetooth headphones and other accessories, as well. The alarm clock is loud and sound performance is solid. You can wake up to your iPhone or iPad, the radio or the alarm. …
- Written by Ken R from The Plains
60 of 68 people found this useful
Great until.....IT STOPPED WORKING!!!
This product was great then one day it wouldn't play my ipad or iPhone when I plugged it in NO MATTER WHAT! I tried it this mornin This product was great then one day it wouldn't play my ipad or iPhone when I plugged it in NO MATTER WHAT! I tried it this morning because I needed to charge both devices and it wouldn't even charge one at time. I tried both devices. What's going on???? If someone knows how to make this thing work again please post how. (Btw, I tried all the reset stuff and that DID NOT WORK) ******I honestly don't suggest anyone buy this product because it's not reliable and you can't find the answer to solve the problem��) …
- Written by Shawnice R from Herndon
0 of 3 people found this useful
Here's the Key...
If you have a case on your iPhone or iPad (like a very high percentage of consumers!) you'll have to get a lightning to lightning If you have a case on your iPhone or iPad (like a very high percentage of consumers!) you'll have to get a lightning to lightning (eight pin to eight pin) adapter. They're available on Amazon for a very low cost. This allowed me to successfully charge both my iPad and iPhone without removing the cases. However, the front charger sits precariously high with the adapter on it. The back adapter feels much safer for the iPhone but it's cumbersome getting the iPad connected.
That being said, this is obviously not an ideal situation. I haven't come across another alarm clock that charges two lightning devices, so, with the adapters, it's the best option that I'm aware of. …
- Written by melissa A from glen ellyn
9 of 11 people found this useful
Love it but have one issue
I got my iHome iDL100 as a graduation gift and wanted to use right away and it wouldn't work!! i was disappointed because i couldn I got my iHome iDL100 as a graduation gift and wanted to use right away and it wouldn't work!! i was disappointed because i couldn't use it at my party. It will not fully connect if you have a case on it. Doesn't matter what case, it will not plug in all the way. I have the apple leather case and it didn't work. I kept trying for the longest not even thinking that Apple would not think of making room for cases. BUT it's a great device and it works fantastic now that I can actually use it. It sounds amazing, I just wish I could have used it sooner. …
- Written by Celinda F from Mulberry
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will it work with iphone 6
- Asked by Valerie Y from Glen Head
- Sep 16, 2014
I've been using it with my iPhone6 for the past few weeks - everything seems to be functioning norma I've been using it with my iPhone6 for the past few weeks - everything seems to be functioning normally. I am however, having trouble with an iPad Air2 that I just purchased - doesn't seem to want to charge it - but everything else works.... …
- Answered by Will P from Cincinnati
- Nov 8, 2014
Is the display dimmable?
- Asked by Terry B from Ceres
- Jan 11, 2014
Yes, but it is still bright.
- Answered by Christine H from Oromocto
- Jan 16, 2014
Will it work with the iPad Mini with Retina Display?
- Asked by Jonathan D from Garland
- Aug 25, 2014
Does this work with iPad air?
- Asked by Glenn K from Hurstbridge
- Feb 24, 2014
Yes, but not with a case.
- Answered by Todd J from New York
- Mar 31, 2014