Understand your body better
The Smart Body Analyzer is a wireless scale that tracks your weight and body composition to give you the knowledge you need to begin changing your lifestyle. For example, it helps you understand how to take into account fat-lean ratio variations and your heart rate so you can target the right pounds.
Heart rate measurement
Simply step on the scale and stand a for a few seconds while the Smart Body Analyzer measures your heart rate through your feet. If your resting heart rate drops over time, you'll know you're getting fitter.
Easy set up and upload
Using the scale's built-in Bluetooth wireless, you can set it up in minutes with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then each time you weigh in the Smart Body Analyzer automatically uploads and syncs your body data via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. The long range of Wi-Fi is great for weighing anywhere in your house, while Bluetooth is convenient when you're on the go.
A coach in your pocket
You can access your securely stored data any time and any place from your iOS device using Withing's web interface and the free Health Mate app. It makes a great coach, letting you set weight goals and then helping you reach them by breaking them down into weekly achievable targets. Plus it provides useful, encouraging tips. Health Mate is also compatible with more than 60 health, diet, and fitness apps, such as Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, or LoseIt!.
Indoor air quality monitoring
The scale continuously checks the indoor air quality of your house or business through temperature and carbon dioxide metering. As it does so, the app builds a CO2-level graph with thresholds that alert you when it's time to clear the air.
One scale for the whole family
This body scale can track as many as eight different users. Each person can have his or her own user profile and access it independently. Once the Smart Body Analyzer gets to know each individual's weight, it automatically recognizes who steps on it.
- Track your weight and body fat
- Measure your heart rate simply by stepping on the scale
- Follow the air quality of your indoor environment with temperature and CO2 measurements
- Position Control technology for high-accuracy weighing
- Free Health Mate app to visualize weight trends, set goals, and monitor your progress
- Weight data is automatically uploaded via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Easy set up from the app; just tap a few times on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Automatically recognizes each person who uses the scale
- More than 60 compatible partner apps, such as RunKeeper, MyFitnessPal, LoseIt!
- Big, backlit, easy-on-the-eye display
Did you notice?In addition to the free Withings Health Mate app, this scale works with more than 60 other health and fitness apps.
Apple Recommends ForMeasure body data—while also keeping an eye on the healthiness of your living environment—on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Withings Smart Body Analyzer
- Four AAA batteries
- Carpet feet
- Quick start guide
- Height: 0.9 in./2 cm
- Width: 12.8 in./32.5 cm
- Weight: 4.4 lb./2.1 kg
- Length: 12.8 in./32.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WS-50
- UPC or EAN No.: 3700546700057
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- Health Mate app available for free on the App Store. Requires iOS 5 or later
Withings Health Mate
The Withings Health Mate is the simple way to take care of yourself and stay healthy. It’s free to download and is designed for anyone who wants to lose a few pounds, exercise more, keep an eye on their blood pressure, or sleep better.
Living healthy starts with knowing where you stand. The Withings app stores history of your data, helps you understand it and improve it over time. You can log this data manually or use one of our many compatible tracking devices and apps to automatically track your health.
Get to the weight that is right for you :
- Log your weight data manually or use a Withings Smart scale to do it automatically.
- Keep history of your weight and see where you stand on beautiful graphs.
- Set yourself achievable goals, and be reminded to focus on your efforts.
- Instantly see how close you are to your desired weight.
Stay in shape:
- Track your physical activity with the Withings Pulse, or link our free partner app : RunKeeper
- Get instant tips and supporting messages from your Withings Health Mate and make sure you achieve the recommended 30 minutes of moderate activity per day.
- See how your physical activities impact your weight loss in a snapshot.
Get peace of mind:
- Log your blood pressure data.
- Be reminded to monitor your heart regularly, and share your data with your doctor and your loved ones.
- Consult your Withings health mate and see instantly how well you are taking care of your heart.
Get restful night's sleep:
- Sleep does matter and impacts your day to day. Track your sleep automatically by putting your Withings Pulse in the wristband.
- Consult your healthy health mate and see instantly if you are getting enough rest. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
I ordered this before it came out so had a few issues that have been resolved by firmware updates already. (C02 was way off) The w I ordered this before it came out so had a few issues that have been resolved by firmware updates already. (C02 was way off) The weight is accurate and easy. Like all scales that get body fat %/lean mass % is not accurate, however it is consistent making it useful. The heart rate monitor is cool. You can also add your heart rate manually via the app.
The integration on line with other apps is great. …
- Written by Jeffrey W C from San Diego
106 of 116 people found this useful
This scale is fantastic! I understand $150 is A LOT for a scale, but this is well worth it if you are interested in finding a goo This scale is fantastic! I understand $150 is A LOT for a scale, but this is well worth it if you are interested in finding a good way to track your health and/or weigh loss progress and love high tech gadgets. The Withings App is simple to use and keeps your data at your fingertips and allows easy sharing to your health practitioner of your choice. It's not for everyone, but if you want a high end scale that does it all this is my recommendation. We also have the Blood Pressure Monitor, and the Baby Monitor on an unrelated note, which is worth a look as well. …
- Written by Richard H from Franklin
79 of 86 people found this useful
Good tool to track your progress.
If you're serious about your nutrition/fitness goals this scale is a great tool. The online weight and fat tracking graphs are gr If you're serious about your nutrition/fitness goals this scale is a great tool. The online weight and fat tracking graphs are great. The one negative I would say is that it's a bit expensive for what it is. But if you're serious about your goals this may be a good tool to have. …
- Written by Rob W from nepean
80 of 88 people found this useful
The weighing scales has been a huge benefit to me losing 2 stone, each week it gives you a target which makes you watch your diet The weighing scales has been a huge benefit to me losing 2 stone, each week it gives you a target which makes you watch your diet in order to meet the targets set. The only slight negative I would have is that it goes through batteries pretty quick but other than that I would strongly recommend, also the iphone app is great. …
- Written by Stephen D from GLENAGEARY
2 of 2 people found this useful
In love w this scale
My boyfriend and I both have been using withings' "Pulse" and now we have this scale and couldn't be happier with either one.
I d My boyfriend and I both have been using withings' "Pulse" and now we have this scale and couldn't be happier with either one.
I downloaded the app to my phone and never used bluetooth for anything before so I thought it might be difficult to get it all going but it really wasn't.. The instructions walk you through it, and now that it's all set up I enjoy keeping up with how active I'm being during the day and then monitor my weight, heart rate and BMI at home. I'm not sure what the concept is behind the measure of CO2 in my house (?) but I am glad to see it is in the acceptable range.
This review is for the scale though, so I will also say that my boyfriend and I both use it and the cool thing is that if it can't tell who is using it by your weight range (everyone prob goes up and down anywhere between 2-3lb a day) since we both have the app and it knows who we are and our ranges, but if they get close it will display both of our names on the scale itself.. you can then put more weight on the side that displays your name (using your left or right foot) and it will select the right person to update to the app.
Our old scale seems so lame now, it was just a regular scale and was lucky to get used once a week even keeping it in the kitchen - now we both prob use this every morning and every night. I've found that keeping tabs has led me to be more mindful of my daily activity/actions towards health/weight and I have lost 10lbs with withings over the past two months.
We're very happy with this scale. …
- Written by David W from boston
2 of 2 people found this useful
Very Good scale
I could say that this scale motivates me good. I like it
- Written by julio G from San francisco
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there any documentation or published API to get access to the sensor data?
- Asked by Scott P from Brooklyn
- Aug 13, 2013
How does the scale measure body-fat? by estimating impedance?
- Asked by Robert S from Plymouth
- Aug 21, 2013
I have a pacemaker can I use the Smart Body Analyzer?
- Asked by Russell A from Oscoda
- Aug 22, 2013
From the Withings web site:
The Smart Body Analyzer's weight limit is 180 kg (396 lb).
- Answered by Lisa B from Bolingbrook
- Nov 4, 2013
I wonder if it would be able to detect (and track) more than one person. Would it be able to be used by the hole family?
- Asked by Pedro M from Calgary
- May 4, 2013
Yes, Withings Smart Body Analyzer supports up to 8 users and has an automatic recognition feature: i Yes, Withings Smart Body Analyzer supports up to 8 users and has an automatic recognition feature: it automatically recognizes the person who weighs.
From the manufacturer website:
"The Smart Body Analyzer keeps track of everyone's weight history and gets to know the weight of each of you, even if it fluctuates."
"If two or more users share a similar weight level and pattern, the Smart Body Analyzer may not be able to automatically recognize the person who weighs. In this case, the Smart Body Analyzer lets you very easily select the right profile by leaning left or right while you stand on the scale. You can also assign a weight reading to the proper person from the Withings app." …
- Answered by Alexis A from Issy-les-moulineaux
- May 7, 2013
Is this the old or new version? They had a similar product last year and a new one was announced at the beginning of 2013. Which version is this?
- Asked by Ivan C from Burnaby
- Jul 5, 2013
This is the new version. Setup via bluetooth only, not PC and usb cable. Measures body fat %, heart This is the new version. Setup via bluetooth only, not PC and usb cable. Measures body fat %, heart rate and room air quality and temp. …
- Answered by Chris T from Northam
- Jul 23, 2013