Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air is the complete AirPlay wireless music system. With top-of-the-line drive unit technologies and design principles, this advanced speaker system sounds as good as it looks. And this version of Zeppelin Air includes a Lightning connector so you can dock your compatible iPhone or iPod.
Wireless music with AirPlay
Apple AirPlay technology allows music to be streamed wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch straight to the Zeppelin Air. You can even stream high-quality audio directly from your Mac or PC via iTunes. If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them as an elegant multi-room system.
Sounds as good as it looks
The Zeppelin Air retains its original classic shape, but internally the speaker has been completely redesigned with improved dynamics, punchier bass, and a more open, lifelike presentation with highly detailed, room-filling sound.
Setup is easy with the free Bowers & Wilkins Control app. It walks you through the simple steps to connect your Zeppelin Air to your Wi-Fi network and manage your settings—all wirelessly.
- Superb, room-filling sound
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
- Spring-loaded docking connector for your Lightning-enabled iOS devices
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Class D amplification
- Five drive units, individually powered for high-quality audio
- Flowport technology for great-sounding bass
- Easy setup with the Bowers & Wilkins Control app available for free from the App Store
- Add more units for an elegant multi-room system
Did you notice?If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them in an elegant multi-room system.
Apple Recommends ForTop-of-the-line audio performance, classical style, and the most advanced audio streaming technologies for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
- Remote control
- Power cable
- Zeppelin Air literature
- Frequency Response: 51Hz – 36kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector, USB
- Other Features: Multipoint Support, Multipoint Support
- Connections: AirPlay, Lightning
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 6.81 in./17.3 cm
- Width: 25.2 in./64 cm
- Weight: 11.9 lb./5.4 kg
- Length: 8.19 in./20.8 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: FP35548
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346318407
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Note: AirPlay via iOS requires iOS 4.2 or later. AirPlay via your Mac or PC requires iTunes 10.1 or later.
Ratings & Reviews
Terrible long term durability
I have purchased 3 Zepplin's only to have EVERY single one of them fail. Further, they require proof of purchase for any type of s I have purchased 3 Zepplin's only to have EVERY single one of them fail. Further, they require proof of purchase for any type of service - even if I have sent the device in before (and they have the records on file).
Overall, the audio quality is superb - no argument there. However, B&W's firmware leaves little to be desired. Look at the reviews on Amazon (30% have had problems). The products do not have a decent life expectancy. These devices are heavy and expensive to ship back to the factory.
After numerous calls and frustration just trying to get a very expensive device repaired, I have not other choice than to give this company a poor rating in product quality and customer service. …
- Written by Mark L from SAN FRANCISCO
51 of 59 people found this useful
Amazing sound perfect reproduction
This is how music is meant to be listened to. There is just no comparison to headphones or built in speakers when listening to a s This is how music is meant to be listened to. There is just no comparison to headphones or built in speakers when listening to a song it should fill the room and have perfect reproduction like what is experienced with the Zeppelin; have had some issues with airplay starting up the speaker but the sound is so good it doesn't bother me. …
- Written by Jace L from Hollywood
25 of 28 people found this useful
Performance Speaks Louder than Cost...and setup
I picked up the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air a little over three months ago, and have remained impressed by this speaker every da I picked up the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air a little over three months ago, and have remained impressed by this speaker every day since. If you're seriously considering this product, then you've read around the Internet that it is very difficult to set up. While this may be the case, a slight learning curve gives way to a pristine audio experience. The midrange is clear, and confident bass delivers only satisfaction. The Zeppelin is an impressive fixture to any room, and it's worth noting the 'classy' black matte cloth cover and elegant form on the whole. As for the AirPlay, there are clearly some kinks that need to be worked out here; every so often the sound will momentarily crackle or completely cut out, however, this may be a problem common to all AirPlay devices. I remain disappointed that the included remote control is of seemingly low quality plastic (B&W would be better off not bothering with the remote at all), but with AirPlay remotes are obsolete to some degree, anyway. At around $600, the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air is not a steal, but fine audio and an overall luxurious experience deliver what you expect for the price tag. …
- Written by Marc V from Downers Grove
23 of 26 people found this useful
I bought these speakers about 7 years ago, I never would have written a review until I came on here and saw that some people have I bought these speakers about 7 years ago, I never would have written a review until I came on here and saw that some people have given this product 1 star, that's ridiculous. I've had mine for 7 years, never an issue, no problem setting up to airplay, sound quality has consistently been great and despite what people say I have found these speakers quite durable, I have taken them overseas in carryon luggage with no issues(I bubble wrapped them though). I cannot attest to the customer service of this company as I have never had an issue with which to require their help. Also I've had these speakers for 7 years and they work as well as the first day I had them, no issues with anything, I don't understand people saying they have required replacement parts for their dock etc, mine is still intact and works great. Overall this is a great product and I would absolutely recommend it. …
- Written by Oliver H from London
I purchase the Zeppelin Air with lighting connector before 1 week. Very easy set up. Excellent sound and basses. I like it!
- Written by Konstantinos T from Thessaloniki
Sexy all around
Depending on the quality of the music download these sound excellent! Pandora over air play sounds great! Looks and sounds sexy!
- Written by NOE R from Mesa
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can I use my ipod and my Iphone 3 on this dock
- Asked by Banafche B from Harpers Ferry
- Dec 12, 2014
iPhone s4 will it work on this system
- Asked by Chris C from Winnipeg
- Feb 15, 2015
No answers yet
Will it charge my iPhone 5S as it's playing
- Asked by Adrien L from Pickering
- Oct 27, 2014
Will this product work with IPone 5s?
- Asked by Andrew M from Arlington Heights
- Jan 18, 2014
I bought this in 2010, now want to get a new iPod nano, is there something to get to adapt it so I can use it?
- Asked by Laura K from Prince George
- Nov 19, 2013
You will need a lightning to 30-pin adapter, available at any Apple store or online.
- Answered by Marc V from Downers Grove
- Dec 2, 2013