Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air is the complete AirPlay wireless music system. With top-of-the-line drive unit technologies and design principles, this advanced speaker system sounds as good as it looks. And this version of Zeppelin Air includes a Lightning connector so you can dock your compatible iPhone or iPod.
Wireless music with AirPlay
Apple AirPlay technology allows music to be streamed wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch straight to the Zeppelin Air. You can even stream high-quality audio directly from your Mac or PC via iTunes. If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them as an elegant multi-room system.
Sounds as good as it looks
The Zeppelin Air retains its original classic shape, but internally the speaker has been completely redesigned with improved dynamics, punchier bass, and a more open, lifelike presentation with highly detailed, room-filling sound.
Setup is easy with the free Bowers & Wilkins Control app. It walks you through the simple steps to connect your Zeppelin Air to your Wi-Fi network and manage your settings—all wirelessly.
- Superb, room-filling sound
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
- Spring-loaded docking connector for your Lightning-enabled iOS devices
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Class D amplification
- Five drive units, individually powered for high-quality audio
- Flowport technology for great-sounding bass
- Easy setup with the Bowers & Wilkins Control app available for free from the App Store
- Add more units for an elegant multi-room system
Did you notice?If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them in an elegant multi-room system.
Apple Recommends ForTop-of-the-line audio performance, classical style, and the most advanced audio streaming technologies for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speakers with Lightning Connector
- Remote control
- Power cable
- Zeppelin Air literature
- Frequency Response: 51Hz – 36kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector, USB
- Other Features: Multipoint Support, Multipoint Support
- Connections: AirPlay, Lightning
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 6.81 in./17.3 cm
- Width: 25.2 in./64 cm
- Weight: 11.9 lb./5.4 kg
- Length: 8.19 in./20.8 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: FP35548
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346318407
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Note: AirPlay via iOS requires iOS 4.2 or later. AirPlay via your Mac or PC requires iTunes 10.1 or later.
Ratings & Reviews
Terrible long term durability
I have purchased 3 Zepplin's only to have EVERY single one of them fail. Further, they require proof of purchase for any type of s I have purchased 3 Zepplin's only to have EVERY single one of them fail. Further, they require proof of purchase for any type of service - even if I have sent the device in before (and they have the records on file).
Overall, the audio quality is superb - no argument there. However, B&W's firmware leaves little to be desired. Look at the reviews on Amazon (30% have had problems). The products do not have a decent life expectancy. These devices are heavy and expensive to ship back to the factory.
After numerous calls and frustration just trying to get a very expensive device repaired, I have not other choice than to give this company a poor rating in product quality and customer service. …
- Written by Mark L from SAN FRANCISCO
44 of 49 people found this useful
Amazing sound perfect reproduction
This is how music is meant to be listened to. There is just no comparison to headphones or built in speakers when listening to a s This is how music is meant to be listened to. There is just no comparison to headphones or built in speakers when listening to a song it should fill the room and have perfect reproduction like what is experienced with the Zeppelin; have had some issues with airplay starting up the speaker but the sound is so good it doesn't bother me. …
- Written by Jace L from Hollywood
21 of 24 people found this useful
Performance Speaks Louder than Cost...and setup
I picked up the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air a little over three months ago, and have remained impressed by this speaker every da I picked up the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air a little over three months ago, and have remained impressed by this speaker every day since. If you're seriously considering this product, then you've read around the Internet that it is very difficult to set up. While this may be the case, a slight learning curve gives way to a pristine audio experience. The midrange is clear, and confident bass delivers only satisfaction. The Zeppelin is an impressive fixture to any room, and it's worth noting the 'classy' black matte cloth cover and elegant form on the whole. As for the AirPlay, there are clearly some kinks that need to be worked out here; every so often the sound will momentarily crackle or completely cut out, however, this may be a problem common to all AirPlay devices. I remain disappointed that the included remote control is of seemingly low quality plastic (B&W would be better off not bothering with the remote at all), but with AirPlay remotes are obsolete to some degree, anyway. At around $600, the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air is not a steal, but fine audio and an overall luxurious experience deliver what you expect for the price tag. …
- Written by Marc V from Downers Grove
20 of 23 people found this useful
I purchase the Zeppelin Air with lighting connector before 1 week. Very easy set up. Excellent sound and basses. I like it!
- Written by Konstantinos T from Thessaloniki
Sexy all around
Depending on the quality of the music download these sound excellent! Pandora over air play sounds great! Looks and sounds sexy!
- Written by NOE R from Mesa
1 of 1 people found this useful
Zeppelin Air with Lightning Connector Review
After reading a number of reviews citing issues with Wi-Fi hook-up and the sound dropping off I was hesitant to purchase the Zeppe After reading a number of reviews citing issues with Wi-Fi hook-up and the sound dropping off I was hesitant to purchase the Zeppelin Air. I have had Wi-Fi issues in the past (I would rate my computer expertise as average) and didn't want to have to deal with them again to get something as simple as a speaker working; however, I appreciate higher end audio products and like the look of the Zeppelin. Anticipating a challenge, I decided to go ahead and place my order and I am happy to say I had the system up and running flawlessly within 5 minutes (following the app's instructions). It is dead simple to set up and use over AirPlay and the lightning connector. The remote works well and the sound quality is excellent albeit a little bass heavy but I'm ok with it.
Just for reference I use a Mac and have an Apple Time machine running the Wi-Fi. I did't have to make any adjustments and also use Air Play over my Apple TV products. There is a slight delay when you first press play after turning it on but other than that I am very happy with my purchase. …
- Written by Craig J from Stouffville
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I bought this in 2010, now want to get a new iPod nano, is there something to get to adapt it so I can use it?
- Asked by Laura K from Prince George
- Nov 19, 2013
You will need a lightning to 30-pin adapter, available at any Apple store or online.
- Answered by Marc V from Downers Grove
- Dec 2, 2013