The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system gives you the ideal combination of performance and capacity. And thanks to two Thunderbolt ports you get the superior data transfer speeds that only Thunderbolt technology can offer. Daisy-chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology with Two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed data transfer
- Dual-drive storage system with user-selectable RAID 0/1 that automatically duplicates your data
- Compatible with Time Machine
- User serviceable hard drives
- WD SmartWare automatic continuous backup software
- HFS+ formatted
- Daisy-chain multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors and media players for nearly unlimited productivity
- Handle video editing, 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive projects simultaneously
Did you notice?If you fill up a drive and need to replace it, simply open the case and exchange the existing drive—no tools needed.
Apple Recommends ForStore and backup data from your Mac at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology.
What's in the Box?
- WD dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connectors
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Note: Thunderbolt cable not included; must be purchased separately.
- Other Features: Kensington Port,RAID Support,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible,Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.9 cm
- Weight: 4.73 lb./2.15 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.7 cm
- Mac OS v10.5, v10.6, or v10.7
- Thunderbolt port
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (requires formatting)
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUSK0060JSL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037803326
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
Money well spent!
I purchased this unit on Sept.27/13 after doing a lot of research on the internet on Thunderbolt drives. The ability to replace t I purchased this unit on Sept.27/13 after doing a lot of research on the internet on Thunderbolt drives. The ability to replace these drives easily without tools etc (must be replaced with Western Digital Green drives) was a strong selling point.
Knowing that this unit comes with a 3 Year Warranty is comforting because of how costly the drives are to begin with.
Operationally this unit is very quite (the competition uses a fan and every review I had read that was a big complaint).
You can register this over the internet easily through the available software, but I chose to call Western Digital and the customer support was excellent.
I would highly recommend this product and Thunderbolt over USB 2.0 or USB 3.0! The speed and connectivity is unparallelled.
Hope this helps you in making your decision. …
- Written by Dominic C from Toronto
34 of 35 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this unit compatible with older, non Thunderbolt iMacs?
- Asked by David C from Bakersfield
- Nov 23, 2013
No, this drive requires a Thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Mike A from Stittsville
- Nov 23, 2013
Could I buy another one of these at a later date to double the capacity ?
- Asked by James G
- Nov 24, 2013
No answers yet
Can this unit be connected to a MacBook Pro or iMac?
- Asked by Kent B from Middletown
- May 15, 2013
Yes it can. As long as you have a thunderbolt port. I just bought one today at the local BigBox st Yes it can. As long as you have a thunderbolt port. I just bought one today at the local BigBox store on clearance for one and a half Benjamin's less. I was surprised how fast it was on my 2011 imac. I did a quick benchmark and found it was twice as fast as my internal 2gb hard drive. I highly recommend it! …
- Answered by James S from Mesquite
- Jun 8, 2013