The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system gives you the ideal combination of performance and capacity. And thanks to two Thunderbolt ports you get the superior data transfer speeds that only Thunderbolt technology can offer. Daisy-chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology with Two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed data transfer
- Dual-drive storage system with user-selectable RAID 0/1 that automatically duplicates your data
- Compatible with Time Machine
- User serviceable hard drives
- WD SmartWare automatic continuous backup software
- HFS+ formatted
- Daisy-chain multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors and media players for nearly unlimited productivity
- Handle video editing, 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive projects simultaneously
Did you notice?If you fill up a drive and need to replace it, simply open the case and exchange the existing drive—no tools needed.
Apple Recommends ForStore and backup data from your Mac at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology.
What's in the Box?
- WD dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connectors
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Note: Thunderbolt cable not included; must be purchased separately.
- Other Features: Kensington Port,RAID Support,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible,Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.9 cm
- Weight: 4.73 lb./2.15 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.7 cm
- Mac OS v10.5, v10.6, or v10.7
- Thunderbolt port
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (requires formatting)
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUSK0040JSL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037803296
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this unit compatible with older, non Thunderbolt iMacs?
- Asked by David C from Bakersfield
- Nov 23, 2013
No, this drive requires a Thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Mike A from Stittsville
- Nov 23, 2013
Could I buy another one of these at a later date to double the capacity ?
- Asked by James G
- Nov 24, 2013
No answers yet
Can this unit be connected to a MacBook Pro or iMac?
- Asked by Kent B from Middletown
- May 15, 2013
Yes it can. As long as you have a thunderbolt port. I just bought one today at the local BigBox st Yes it can. As long as you have a thunderbolt port. I just bought one today at the local BigBox store on clearance for one and a half Benjamin's less. I was surprised how fast it was on my 2011 imac. I did a quick benchmark and found it was twice as fast as my internal 2gb hard drive. I highly recommend it! …
- Answered by James S from Mesquite
- Jun 8, 2013