LaCie 4TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'9233 Desktop Hard Drive
LaCie 4TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'9233 Desktop Hard Drive
Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9233 desktop hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can move a 700GB file in just under seven seconds. Quickly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9233 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9233, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape that's built to last. There's 5mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated desktop storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9233 desktop drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick Install Guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 1.5 in./3.8 cm
- Width: 4.7 in./12 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Length: 7.5 in./19 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000385
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053007355
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
This drive makes my work much easier by relieving me of having to worry about available disk space (I need a lot of space for back This drive makes my work much easier by relieving me of having to worry about available disk space (I need a lot of space for backing up my work archives) and letting me set up encryption for sensitive work files. Excellent speeds, quiet operation, good looks, and solid feel don't hurt, either! …
- Written by Kyle C
39 of 43 people found this useful
I'm sure it's a good HD, but....
Just received my new LaCie HD today, and am quite impressed by it's sleek design. The software that came with it made setup a bree Just received my new LaCie HD today, and am quite impressed by it's sleek design. The software that came with it made setup a breeze, and although it's somewhat noisier than my Seagate 3TB Thunderbolt HD, it seems to be a good, solid drive, much like the previous LaCie HD I had.
However, there is a major design flaw with the drive, in that the light on the front of the unit is ridiculously huge. I have this particular drive attached to the my Mac Mini I have connected to my HDTV. Both units sit below the TV, and when I dim the lights to watch a movie, the LaCie indicator light is absolutely blinding. Then, when the drive starts to read or write, the flashing of the indicator light is impossible to sit in front of. I have covered most of the light with a small piece of tape, which doesn't look so hot, given that LaCie seems to be so proud of their Porche design concept. But it works and so long as covering that ridiculous light with tape doesn't void the warranty. …
- Written by Jim V from Stettler
41 of 55 people found this useful
I've only recently moved to Mac after years wrestling with Windows machines. After losing all my files to a Windows virus I was pr I've only recently moved to Mac after years wrestling with Windows machines. After losing all my files to a Windows virus I was pretty keen to back up my computer regularly. This drive is great, I just plug it in and it backs up my Mac automatically. …
- Written by Brianna W
20 of 23 people found this useful
Easy use. Sleek design.
This drive works brilliantly well. It's fast, elegantly designed and seems very sturdy. It's also very quiet and I love it. I even This drive works brilliantly well. It's fast, elegantly designed and seems very sturdy. It's also very quiet and I love it. I even talked two of my friends into buying this drive and they love it as well. …
- Written by Aisling R
My hard drive was full of my home movies and I had to get something to put them on and this is what I chose. Super easy, very sea My hard drive was full of my home movies and I had to get something to put them on and this is what I chose. Super easy, very seamless. Worked great with iMovie, works with OSX Maverics. Purchased November 2013. …
- Written by Bryce C from Galveston
1 of 1 people found this useful
Really impressed with this drive. It looks great, is very well built, and does the job for me. The transfer speeds are excellent. Really impressed with this drive. It looks great, is very well built, and does the job for me. The transfer speeds are excellent. The eco mode seems to be working well, it keeps the drive cool and quiet when not in use. …
- Written by Ann H
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can this drive be formatted so that it (or a partition) is bootable with Mountain Lion.
- Asked by Dale G from Liberty
- Dec 7, 2013
I want to use this for my iTunes library. Does the hard drive spin down when not in use? Will iTunes lose the connection? I am having that issue now
- Asked by Ricardo E from Acworth
- Nov 26, 2013
No answers yet
can this be connected to my time machine and run wirelessly
- Asked by Alan J from Hereford
- Aug 6, 2013
can I use this as a time machine for two iMacs and a Notebook Pro at the same time
- Asked by Bill T
- Oct 8, 2013
Yes, can be used as a Time Machine volume for multiple machines by sharing the LaCie disk over a net Yes, can be used as a Time Machine volume for multiple machines by sharing the LaCie disk over a network (wired or wireless) via a AirPort Extreme Base Station.
You need to:
1. Have an Airport Extreme Base Station connected as part of your home network (read above);
2. Plug the LaCie drive into the USB port on the Airport Extreme;
3. Use 'Airport Utility' application to set up the LiCie unit as a shared drive;
4. Back in the Finder, select your Airport Extreme in the sidebar of a folder window to mount the LaCie (network) drive;
5. In System Settings / Time Machine, select the LaCie (network) drive as one of your back-up drives;
6. Repeat items 4 and 5 above on your other Macs and they will all utilise the same LaCie drive as Time Machine volume.
[This works reasonably well but is much slower that directly connected Time Machine drives (via FireWire or USB2/USB3, etc. The initial full back-up of each machine may therefore take several hours but after that it's not so noticable.]
The drive can be partitioned, however that does not mean that it can be simultaneous connected to multiple machines (via USB) other than as a network share, as outlined above. Windows 7 should also be able to the available network shared disk, but I'm not certain how well this would work.
Since USB does not support daisy chaining, USB external drives have only one USB port to connect to. [This can be seen in the photos of this model in the Apple Store – see photo of backplane showing USB port (rectangle with blue centre) and power adaptor connection (circular port on RHS). …
- Answered by Matthew C from Carseldine
- Oct 9, 2013
La cir 4 tb Porsche how Much movies or DVD and Music Can it Hold
- Asked by Paul S from Pleasanton
- Aug 21, 2013
Your iPad doesn't have a USB port. You may be better off subscribing to Music Match for $25 and usi Your iPad doesn't have a USB port. You may be better off subscribing to Music Match for $25 and using your iPad to access cloud-stored media via WiFi. …
- Answered by Marsha A from New York
- Sep 30, 2013