Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
Using the LaCie P'9223 Slim hard drive's USB 3.0 interface, you'll be able to transfer files faster than ever before. Back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, and make sure that your important files are kept safe. With speeds up to 100 MB/s*, the possibilities are endless.
Designed for your Mac
Along with its ultra-thin profile to match your MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, the LaCie P'9223 Slim features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish. It's also Time Machine compatible, so you can seamlessly back up to the drive using built-in Apple software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
The result of a long collaboration with Porsche Design, the P'9223 Slim offers an exclusive and timeless shape that surrounds solid, reliable hardware built to last for years. You can use it anywhere with confidence you're getting superb performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- Transfer files or back up your Mac significantly faster with USB 3.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft, or unauthorized access
Did you notice?The solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk keeps data protected.
Apple Recommends ForStylish, high-performance portable storage that's specially designed to match the slim profile of your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9223 Slim Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public Password Protection, Automatic Backup, Eco Mode, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.4 in./11 mm
- Width: 3.1 in./79 mm
- Weight: 7.2 oz./204 g
- Length: 5 in./128 mm
- Mac OS X v10.5 (Intel only) or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000304
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003258
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.lacie.com/us/support/index.htm)
- *For optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. Calculations are based on average write time. Transfer rates vary slightly from one drive to another. Transfer times are based on an approximately 8GB HD video.
Ratings & Reviews
Great Portable Drive!
This Porsche drive is very convenient - it's very compact, light and fast. USB 3.0 speed is significantly faster than USB 2.0. The This Porsche drive is very convenient - it's very compact, light and fast. USB 3.0 speed is significantly faster than USB 2.0. The drive is great for backups and copying large files. It looks great, and thanks to the metal casing, it doesn't get scratched up in my bag. I love it! …
- Written by Kieran G
95 of 98 people found this useful
Fast. Solid. Reliable.
After losing my old external drive a few months ago, I decided to change the brand and try this drive. It holds the same informati After losing my old external drive a few months ago, I decided to change the brand and try this drive. It holds the same information and thanks to the USB 3.0 connection, it is amazingly fast at transferring data. It's very solidly built. I feel a lot more comfortable taking this drive with me if I need to, it doesn't have to be handled like a breakable object unlike my old drive. …
- Written by Noel H
84 of 89 people found this useful
Nice look, easy to use. Does what is expected. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Fast backups easily done.
- Written by Susan H from Shaker Heights
79 of 86 people found this useful
Quality and high performance
I use this drive as my Time Machine drive, and it is simply great. With USB 3.0 the backups are done in next to no time, and the d I use this drive as my Time Machine drive, and it is simply great. With USB 3.0 the backups are done in next to no time, and the drive sits quietly on the desk and does its job. This is a well designed quality item. I'm very satisfied with it. …
- Written by Aisling C
2 of 2 people found this useful
Simple to use, fast and reliable, this amazingly thin little portable drive is just what I was looking for. It's light, so it's ve Simple to use, fast and reliable, this amazingly thin little portable drive is just what I was looking for. It's light, so it's very easy to carry around. It works perfectly with all of my Macs and it's very nicely designed. …
- Written by Herbert G
3 of 3 people found this useful
Reliable, portable and fast!
I use this drive all the time at university and it's always rock solid and reliable. It gets connected to all sorts of machines an I use this drive all the time at university and it's always rock solid and reliable. It gets connected to all sorts of machines and works each and every time. I'm very pleased with this item, and will definitely recommend to friends. …
- Written by Zachary G
8 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it have a DVD/CD place where you put a DVD or CD in?
- Asked by Felix H
- Jul 6, 2013
Sorry but no.
- Answered by Christian E from Moreno Valley
- Jul 11, 2013
will this work on my macbook pro OS X version 10.9 - 15" - early 2011???
- Asked by Thelma G from Englewood
- Nov 12, 2013
you have to connect it with a usb cable
- Answered by Duncan R from Bainbridge Island
- Aug 23, 2013
can this LaCie 500GB Porsche Design P'9223 USB 3.0 Slim Hard Drive, work with IPAD
- Asked by Edgar M
- May 16, 2013
You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and acc You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and access the drive, if that's what you're wanting to do.
You can, however, plug it into a computer on your home wifi network and install programs on your iPad and that computer that will allow you to access the drive remotely. But you can do this with any hard drive, including the ones built into your computers.
Look at FileBrowser for iOS or similar products. …
- Answered by Aaron J C from Cincinnati
- Jun 12, 2013
Can this portable be used to make a bootable clones. Mac Pro Lion 10.7 with USB 2.0 and FW 800.
- Asked by Leigh R from Alameda
- Mar 14, 2013