Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
Using the LaCie P'9223 Slim hard drive's USB 3.0 interface, you'll be able to transfer files faster than ever before. Back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, and make sure that your important files are kept safe. With speeds up to 100 MB/s*, the possibilities are endless.
Designed for your Mac
Along with its ultra-thin profile to match your MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, the LaCie P'9223 Slim features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish. It's also Time Machine compatible, so you can seamlessly back up to the drive using built-in Apple software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
The result of a long collaboration with Porsche Design, the P'9223 Slim offers an exclusive and timeless shape that surrounds solid, reliable hardware built to last for years. You can use it anywhere with confidence you're getting superb performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- Transfer files or back up your Mac significantly faster with USB 3.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft, or unauthorized access
Did you notice?The solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk keeps data protected.
Apple Recommends ForStylish, high-performance portable storage that's specially designed to match the slim profile of your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9223 Slim Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public Password Protection, Automatic Backup, Eco Mode, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.4 in./11 mm
- Width: 3.1 in./79 mm
- Weight: 7.2 oz./204 g
- Length: 5 in./128 mm
- Mac OS X v10.5 (Intel only) or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000304
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003258
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.lacie.com/us/support/index.htm)
- *For optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. Calculations are based on average write time. Transfer rates vary slightly from one drive to another. Transfer times are based on an approximately 8GB HD video.
Ratings & Reviews
Great Portable Drive!
This Porsche drive is very convenient - it's very compact, light and fast. USB 3.0 speed is significantly faster than USB 2.0. The This Porsche drive is very convenient - it's very compact, light and fast. USB 3.0 speed is significantly faster than USB 2.0. The drive is great for backups and copying large files. It looks great, and thanks to the metal casing, it doesn't get scratched up in my bag. I love it! …
- Written by Kieran G
108 of 111 people found this useful
Fast. Solid. Reliable.
After losing my old external drive a few months ago, I decided to change the brand and try this drive. It holds the same informati After losing my old external drive a few months ago, I decided to change the brand and try this drive. It holds the same information and thanks to the USB 3.0 connection, it is amazingly fast at transferring data. It's very solidly built. I feel a lot more comfortable taking this drive with me if I need to, it doesn't have to be handled like a breakable object unlike my old drive. …
- Written by Noel H
97 of 103 people found this useful
Nice look, easy to use. Does what is expected. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Fast backups easily done.
- Written by Susan H from Shaker Heights
89 of 96 people found this useful
I've always liked metal-cased drives, both for their look and the inherent toughness. This Porsche drive is just what I've been lo I've always liked metal-cased drives, both for their look and the inherent toughness. This Porsche drive is just what I've been looking for. It's very slender and elegant to boot, and it's been very simple to set up and use. I am very pleased with it overall. …
- Written by Stella W
0 of 1 people found this useful
Reliable, Fast & Stylish
I had this drive for over a year now and use it to make daily backups. Has never failed me, the speed is fast, and the build quali I had this drive for over a year now and use it to make daily backups. Has never failed me, the speed is fast, and the build quality is outstanding. Highly recommended. …
- Written by Stefan I from Washington
3 of 3 people found this useful
I've been using this for the past eight months to backup my iMac and I have no complaints. The transfer speed is great, the drive I've been using this for the past eight months to backup my iMac and I have no complaints. The transfer speed is great, the drive is good-looking and portable. A+ …
- Written by Ava P
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it have a DVD/CD place where you put a DVD or CD in?
- Asked by Felix H
- Jul 6, 2013
Lemme guess, you have a macbook air?? this is an EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. What you need is an External C Lemme guess, you have a macbook air?? this is an EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. What you need is an External CD/DVD Drive …
- Answered by Colby C from Middletown
- Jul 28, 2013
is this compatible with Mavericks?
- Asked by Elizabeth B from Ann Arbor
- Apr 22, 2014
I have this HDD and OS X 10.9.3 and Yes. It works perfectly with Mavericks.
- Answered by Emmanuel I from Hoxton Park
- May 26, 2014
does this work wtih an ipad
- Asked by Eric R from Beaumont
- Nov 23, 2013
Unfortunately, no. These are for laptops and computers only.
- Answered by Spencer M from Simi Valley
- Mar 29, 2014
you have to connect it with a usb cable
- Answered by Duncan R from Bainbridge Island
- Aug 23, 2013
can this LaCie 500GB Porsche Design P'9223 USB 3.0 Slim Hard Drive, work with IPAD
- Asked by Edgar M
- May 16, 2013
You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and acc You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and access the drive, if that's what you're wanting to do.
You can, however, plug it into a computer on your home wifi network and install programs on your iPad and that computer that will allow you to access the drive remotely. But you can do this with any hard drive, including the ones built into your computers.
Look at FileBrowser for iOS or similar products. …
- Answered by Aaron J C from Cincinnati
- Jun 12, 2013