Just like MacBook, Twelve South's BookBook case is extra light and ultra-thin. This genuine leather design has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook from impacts, while its soft, chocolate brown, padded interior helps preserve the finish on your Mac.
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also provides an additional level of security by disguising your MacBook as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case disguises MacBook as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Lightweight and only slightly more than an inch thick
- Cornices provide a visual cue so you always open case right-side up
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in a case that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- TwelveSouth BookBook for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Leather
- Height: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Width: 10.5 in./26.67 cm
- Weight: 1.28 lb./0.58 kg
- Length: 14.76 in./37.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1231
- UPC or EAN No.: 811370020099
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Definitely protects and you'll get attention
The BookBook is a nice leather cover that is very sturdy and will definitely protect your laptop. It zips up nicely and with the c The BookBook is a nice leather cover that is very sturdy and will definitely protect your laptop. It zips up nicely and with the curved spine it fits comfortably in your hands as you carry it. Also, the inside is padded. And the best part is that people everywhere will turn their heads to see your awesome looking "book" but then come to realize it's your laptop. It's an attention grabber. …
- Written by Scott D from Provo
130 of 139 people found this useful
Used it and my Mom thought i was reading. Haha. Good protection. Down side. A little too thick. but overall best case ever!
- Written by Amy W from Surrey
117 of 123 people found this useful
Great product - hides identity of MacBook computer e.g. when in a Starbucks a thief just does not know you have a Mac and will lo Great product - hides identity of MacBook computer e.g. when in a Starbucks a thief just does not know you have a Mac and will look for other expensive mac computers around coffee shop to run off with should someone become distracted or loose site of your their laptop - very practical identity protection!!! …
- Written by Patrick L from Chagrin falls
119 of 151 people found this useful
Zipper broke easily!
Ive used it for almost a month. the zipper broke. it's good looking. but the zipper is too weak!! Now, I don't know what to do wit Ive used it for almost a month. the zipper broke. it's good looking. but the zipper is too weak!! Now, I don't know what to do with this $79.95 mac case....My advice: don't buy it, just buy something cheap and useful. If there is a representative see this post, please tell me if Apple can give me a new one......... Thanks. …
- Written by Zhaonian L from Irvine
3 of 4 people found this useful
Love my BookBook!!
I absolutely LOVE this BookBook case! I walked into an Apple store with it and customers were coming over to me asking where I bo I absolutely LOVE this BookBook case! I walked into an Apple store with it and customers were coming over to me asking where I bought it! The leather is high quality and I love the fact that it looks like an old worn classic that has been read and re-read many times! The zipper is heavy-duty and I give this a full 5 star rating! I want one for my I-Pad now! Thank you Apple!!!!! …
- Written by Jennifer L from Lake oswego
7 of 8 people found this useful
Looks are all it has
So this is the most inconvenient cases ive ever used, looks wise the best out there but usability is flawed,
here are the downs So this is the most inconvenient cases ive ever used, looks wise the best out there but usability is flawed,
here are the downsides.
1. when you put on your lap sitting on bed laptop immediately slips and I have to hold it with other hand.
2 . And then the case makes the laptop bend and eventually you cant close the lid.
3. the two elastic bands that hold the upper lid can obstruct your lid from closing as they bend sometimes.
All in all I feel this is useless except for if you give looks a lot of importance. waste of my $80 !!! hope I can get it back although it may be too late now, but I needed this time to find how useless this product is.
my advice, don't buy this ! …
- Written by Prabhanand P from Visakhapatnam
33 of 49 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Hello I am worried about the macbook pro getting hot with it...
- Asked by Paulina M from Mexico City
- Oct 18, 2014
I have the Bookbook on my iPhones & iPad. That said, neither have given me any issues with heat. Per I have the Bookbook on my iPhones & iPad. That said, neither have given me any issues with heat. Perhaps it's the leather absorbing some of the heat? I've been using them since they came out (before they were even sold on the Apple website). I had some problems with devices back then but not since I've had the Bookbook. That said, Bookbook has made consistent improvements since its inception so I'll be purchasing yet another one next iPad. The craftsmanship is wonderful quality and a work of art. My oldest one is finally beginning to loose it's elasticity after many years. The outside is still awesome. I've taken it everywhere (only people who read books even notice & they just want to know what interesting old book I must be reading). It's given me a sense of safety for reading in public places. Worth all the pennies spent, in my opinion. …
- Answered by Marian M from Cape Coral
- Jan 18, 2015
Would I have to care for the leather?
- Asked by Emily J from North Richmond
- Mar 4, 2015
No answers yet
Is there a BookBook case for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display?
- Asked by Oscar I from Auburn
- Jan 26, 2015
Yes there is one which is stated to fit the MBP Retina but my experience is that it is a little over Yes there is one which is stated to fit the MBP Retina but my experience is that it is a little oversized for it and the top elastic straps are not exactly a perfect fit. …
- Answered by Shankar V from New Delhi
- Mar 6, 2015
What are the dimensions of this case? I am especially curious about the width of the spine.
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Sacramento
- Jan 4, 2014
Lightweight and only slightly more than an inch thick
From TwelveSouth specs
- Answered by Mary B from Lodi
- Feb 16, 2015
Does this block the vent?
- Asked by Matt B from Wyoming
- Oct 25, 2013
No. Unless you have it all the way zipped up.
- Answered by Marian M from Cape Coral
- Jan 18, 2015
Would this fit a 11" Macbook Air with a Speck case on?
- Asked by Yan J from Menlo Park
- Aug 9, 2014
It fits my 13" MacBook Pro Retina with a Speck case on just perfect and the zippers never scratched It fits my 13" MacBook Pro Retina with a Speck case on just perfect and the zippers never scratched it. …
- Answered by Ferdinand C from Union City
- Nov 5, 2014