Twelve South's BookBook case for MacBook Pro with Retina display is a completely new idea in MacBook protection. On the outside it looks like vintage tome with years of wear. On the inside its a different story. Outside, this genuine leather case has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook Pro from impacts. Inside, a soft padded interior cradles your precious MacBook in luxury.
Beautifully versatile and secure
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook Pro in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also stealthy security by disguising your MacBook Pro as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case looks disguises MacBook Pro as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Weighs just 20.5 ounces at slightly more than an inch thick
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook Pro
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook Pro, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForA handsome protective case for your MacBook Pro that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Leather
- Height: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Width: 10.5 in./26.67 cm
- Weight: 1.28 lb./0.58 kg
- Length: 14.76 in./37.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1231
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002665
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Definitely protects and you'll get attention
The BookBook is a nice leather cover that is very sturdy and will definitely protect your laptop. It zips up nicely and with the c The BookBook is a nice leather cover that is very sturdy and will definitely protect your laptop. It zips up nicely and with the curved spine it fits comfortably in your hands as you carry it. Also, the inside is padded. And the best part is that people everywhere will turn their heads to see your awesome looking "book" but then come to realize it's your laptop. It's an attention grabber. …
- Written by Scott D from Provo
52 of 56 people found this useful
Used it and my Mom thought i was reading. Haha. Good protection. Down side. A little too thick. but overall best case ever!
- Written by Amy W from Surrey
48 of 52 people found this useful
Great product - hides identity of MacBook computer e.g. when in a Starbucks a thief just does not know you have a Mac and will lo Great product - hides identity of MacBook computer e.g. when in a Starbucks a thief just does not know you have a Mac and will look for other expensive mac computers around coffee shop to run off with should someone become distracted or loose site of your their laptop - very practical identity protection!!! …
- Written by Patrick L from Chagrin falls
55 of 73 people found this useful
Looks are all it has
So this is the most inconvenient cases ive ever used, looks wise the best out there but usability is flawed,
here are the downs So this is the most inconvenient cases ive ever used, looks wise the best out there but usability is flawed,
here are the downsides.
1. when you put on your lap sitting on bed laptop immediately slips and I have to hold it with other hand.
2 . And then the case makes the laptop bend and eventually you cant close the lid.
3. the two elastic bands that hold the upper lid can obstruct your lid from closing as they bend sometimes.
All in all I feel this is useless except for if you give looks a lot of importance. waste of my $80 !!! hope I can get it back although it may be too late now, but I needed this time to find how useless this product is.
my advice, don't buy this ! …
- Written by Prabhanand P from Visakhapatnam
Good Disguise; Some People Miss the Concept
Scott D. was proud of the attention he received whilst carrying his Mac inside this disguise. Talk about completely missing the po Scott D. was proud of the attention he received whilst carrying his Mac inside this disguise. Talk about completely missing the point. This is somewhat akin to storing your priceless gems in a fake tennis ball container, and then flashing the tennis ball container all over town, whilst revealing its purpose and intent, with winks and elbow nudges to the ribs of the innocent. One might as well contract the PT Barnum Company to engage a show inside of one's fortified domicile.
This is an extremely clever product, and Apple should not be responsible for the inherent stupidity of some of its customers. Some people are not intelligent enough to be worthy of ownership of Apple's clever and ingenious products. …
- Written by SARA J from Austin
2 of 14 people found this useful
My 15" MacBook Pro is too heavy and 'slick' that it slips right out if using it as a case. And for me, the novelty of the fake boo My 15" MacBook Pro is too heavy and 'slick' that it slips right out if using it as a case. And for me, the novelty of the fake book aesthetics wore off quickly. Also, it adds a lot of bulk. Other than all that, it is a well-made product. …
- Written by Jeffrey C from Santa Ana
13 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is this for the 13" macbook pro with retina?
- Asked by Allan W from Owen Sound
- Dec 26, 2013
This one is not but there is one for both the 11" air and the 13" air or retina
- Answered by Nicholaus P from West Springfield.com
- Mar 10, 2014
Is this case an animal cruelty-free product or made from real leather/animal's skin?
- Asked by Brigita V
- Dec 22, 2013
As it says "genuine leather" I would have to say it's made of honest to goodness dead cow.
- Answered by Nicholas S from Las Cruces
- Dec 25, 2013
can this cover be made for mac book pro 13.3 without retina?
- Asked by Magalie M from Sarasota
- Apr 5, 2013
yes, they came out first! just look for book book macbook pro 13inch case. They are larger (ofc as t yes, they came out first! just look for book book macbook pro 13inch case. They are larger (ofc as the old pro's are thicker than the retina) and they come in two different colours - red and black (: …
- Answered by Jess L
- Jul 28, 2013
Is the outside made of soft leather or a hard plastic shell like the other shell covers
- Asked by Randy W from West Hills
- May 9, 2013
soft leather but it's not floppy, theres some had casing to maintain its form according to the brand soft leather but it's not floppy, theres some had casing to maintain its form according to the brand's website …
- Answered by Samuel L from Arcadia
- Jun 30, 2013
can this fit a macbook pro or does it have to be Retina Display?
- Asked by Priscilla V from Corpus Christi
- Apr 9, 2013
i looked it up on the twelve south site and it looks like the apple store changed the name to me mor i looked it up on the twelve south site and it looks like the apple store changed the name to me more specific for the model, they make it in 13, 15, and 17 inch sizes not specific to apple models. It should fit a 15 apple computer comfortably …
- Answered by Samuel L from Arcadia
- Jun 30, 2013