Get a grip and enjoy the ride with TAVIK's GRIP TAPE case. It takes a classic, yet cutting-edge material and puts it to work protecting your iPhone 5 in a modern way. The GRIP TAPE case is inspired by the rugged life of riders—from skateboarders to surfers and beyond. Thanks to a hard-shell exterior that's paired with a soft inner core, the GRIP TAPE Case for iPhone 5 is definitely on trend.
- Slim, high-density polycarbonate frame
- Minimalist design with low profile protection
- Premium EVA dampening liner to prevent scratches or scuffs
- Anti-static coating with soft-touch finish
- Enhanced grip with tactile feel
- Unique design with access to all media features
- Easily charge your iPhone through the case
- Innovative grip tape print is visually appealing
- Fits iPhone 5
Did you notice?Grip tape most likely came on the scene in the late '60s with the dawn of the first mass-produced skateboard decks.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your iPhone 5 safe in a pioneering case with innovative graphics and materials.
What's in the Box?
- TAVIK GRIP TAPE Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 5 in./12.7 cm
- Width: .07 in./.17 cm
- Weight: 9.6 oz./272.16 g
- Length: 2.47 in./6.27 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: TVK-IPH-1002
- UPC or EAN No.: 814523780024
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Love the TAVIK Gripe Tape Case!
I am thrilled I bought this case! The texture is unique and great for gripping onto things. It works perfectly for keeping my phon I am thrilled I bought this case! The texture is unique and great for gripping onto things. It works perfectly for keeping my phone in one place while I am driving and have my phone connected to my bluetooth. This also eliminates the amount of times I usually drop my phone when I have other cases on it. Overall great buy and I definitely recommend it! …
- Written by Irene-Marie S from Rancho Santa Fe
12 of 13 people found this useful
I skateboard a lot around campus and this case has saved my phone from some pretty intense drops! I haven't seen any cases like th I skateboard a lot around campus and this case has saved my phone from some pretty intense drops! I haven't seen any cases like this so the feel is great! What I really like about it is that it has the rough exterior and a soft interior so it feels like my phone is super protected! LOVE IT! I would totally recommend this case for anyone who is a little rough on their phones like me! …
- Written by JESSICA S from Diamond Bar
12 of 14 people found this useful
Really cool, one of a kind case!
This case is awesome and I haven't seen any other cases like it around. It is similar to the black sandpaper top of a skateboard. This case is awesome and I haven't seen any other cases like it around. It is similar to the black sandpaper top of a skateboard. It has good grip but doesn't feel too rough. I've gotten so many compliments on it and what I like most is that it's thin and not too bulky. Highly suggest getting your hands on this one! …
- Written by Jaclyn M F from Westminster
9 of 10 people found this useful
Looks nice, but…
For a while, I used my iPhone 5 without a case. When planning for a trip though, I thought it might be prudent to use a case. I pu For a while, I used my iPhone 5 without a case. When planning for a trip though, I thought it might be prudent to use a case. I purchased this case because it had the qualities I wanted, those being: not bulky, decent grip, not black or gaudy, looked fine. For a while, all was good, but then the thin piece of plastic in front of the volume controls snapped. I haven’t dropped the phone and I keep it in my shirt pocket so it’s not subject to unusual stresses (and the broken piece is still on it). While I didn’t like that it broke after only a few months, I get that things sometimes break. The real problem is that when I contacted the company, they didn’t respond so I’m stuck with a broken case. …
- Written by Ken K from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
this wasn't tested. no way.
The plastic is brittle and the edges of the case break off when dropped. Other parts of the case of so thin, as to provide little The plastic is brittle and the edges of the case break off when dropped. Other parts of the case of so thin, as to provide little if any protection. It is thin, and feels nice in the hand, but I've never had a case break when dropped before. Clearly those R&D bucks went for something else. …
- Written by Don B from San Jose
1 of 1 people found this useful
could be a great case....
but its brittle design makes the top corners far too susceptible to breaking (take a look at the thin piece of plastic on the top, but its brittle design makes the top corners far too susceptible to breaking (take a look at the thin piece of plastic on the top, near the camera lens)- as my case did. The TAVIK GRIP TAPE case is on the 'expensive' side of the case spectrum which makes the purchase a bust. Try another- you will be glad you did.. …
- Written by MICHAEL C from corte madera
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does lightening to 30-pin connector fit while the case is on?
- Asked by Golden B from Coeur D Alene
- Jun 16, 2013
How is the case when you're putting it into or taking it out of your pocket? Does it scratch or get stuck?
- Asked by Brent S from Chester
- May 10, 2013