The Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 for Mac offers Bluetooth connectivity for easy wireless pairing with Macs that support Bluetooth. The mouse is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons. So there's no need for finger contortions to operate the buttons.
Pointer speed buttons on the side allow convenient adjustment without even changing your grip on the mouse. An extra-wide lip along the bottom edge prevents the last finger from rubbing the desk. Evoluent Mouse Manager for Mac provides extensive but easy-to-use functionality for six buttons through a simple and intuitive interface.
- Sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmablebuttons
- Pointer speed buttons on the side allow convenient adjustment without changing your grip on the mouse
- Top-mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selectedpointer speed
- The top LED flashes to indicate low-battery condition
- Evoluent Mouse Manager for Mac's simple and intuitive interface provides functionality for six buttons
Did you notice?Evoluent mice are made of at least 30% recycled materials.
Apple Recommends ForExperience maximum comfort while easily controlling your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 for Mac (Right-hand)
- One AA battery
- Instruction sheet
- Other Features: Ergonomic, Programmable
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Batteries: AA
- Height: 3 in./7.62 cm
- Width: 4.5 in./11.43 cm
- Weight: 0.35 oz./9.92 g
- Length: 3.5 in./8.89 cm
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: VM4RM
- UPC or EAN No.: 852153014614
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
Ratings & Reviews
This mouse really blew me away. For years my arm has been getting more and more uncomfortable when I do my graphics work. I though This mouse really blew me away. For years my arm has been getting more and more uncomfortable when I do my graphics work. I thought it is just a normal consequence of using a computer all day long and maybe I have to accept it. Then I saw this Vertical Mouse. At first I thought it is too weird, but I was getting desperate for a solution so I got one to try. It came in a cheap box but the product looks well made. It connected via Bluetooth and I downloaded the software. The setup went smoothly. At first the grip position felt strange but I got used to it in a couple days. Amazingly my arm felt more relaxed almost immediately. It has only been a week but the tension is mostly gone and I continue to feel better. I even like the styling now. I'm so glad I got this thing! …
- Written by Mark W from Northport
39 of 45 people found this useful
I love the look, design, feel and overall comfort this Evoluent Mac mouse offers!
I've worked in an office at a desk on the comp I love the look, design, feel and overall comfort this Evoluent Mac mouse offers!
I've worked in an office at a desk on the computer for 15 years and I wish I had
been using this all along!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this mouse because it is easy to use, super comfortable and
has a lot of features that other input devices don't. …
- Written by Sandra C
27 of 32 people found this useful
Bluetooth functionality very suspect
I was really hoping to like this mouse as I needed something to combat my severe carpal tunnel. Although I would say it is comfor I was really hoping to like this mouse as I needed something to combat my severe carpal tunnel. Although I would say it is comfortable, although takes some getting used to, there are a couple of issues that make this mouse almost unusable.
1. It has bluetooth connection issues. Basically if you leave it on all the time as I always did with my Magic Mouse it goes to sleep. If you then try to wake it (by clicking on its buttons), it sometimes wakes and frequently doesn't. Turning it off and then is only sometimes solves this problem.
2. Randomly it will start "stuttering" across my second monitor (the main one) and again I need to turn it off and on again.
Due to these issues I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. …
- Written by STELIOS M from Lincroft
21 of 23 people found this useful
Don't buy this. The mouse tracking becomes sluggish and unusable requiring you to turn the device off then back on, which tempora Don't buy this. The mouse tracking becomes sluggish and unusable requiring you to turn the device off then back on, which temporarily fixes it, but it just recurs. I'll be sending mine back Monday. This is known issue with evoluent with no fix provided. I assume this is a bluetooth issue, but I'm not sure. …
- Written by Brent L from Midway
3 of 3 people found this useful
LOVE IT! I have 3 of them.
It took about 2 days to get used to this mouse. In fact, my hand cramped. However, after using one for a week, the carpal tunnel p It took about 2 days to get used to this mouse. In fact, my hand cramped. However, after using one for a week, the carpal tunnel pain was gone and now I don't need surgery. I have one at home, one at the office, and one I travel with. After using this mouse for a while, I found that using a normal mouse is painful so I now only use the Evoluent mouse. If you are considering surgery for carpal tunnel, it's worth trying this product. If you want to avoid carpal tunnel issues then I recommend trying this mouse. I have used Evoluent for about 6 years now. I started before they had MAC OS drivers or wireless. Each one I have used was very robust and never broke. The only think I don't like is they are bulky in a back pack when traveling. BTW, the PC version works with both PC & MAC. …
- Written by Timothy B from Grove City
Comfortable design, terrible quality... disappointing
I have a wireless VM4 and a wired VM4 and both are malfunctioning. The wireless VM4 will not connect and the wired VM4's buttons f I have a wireless VM4 and a wired VM4 and both are malfunctioning. The wireless VM4 will not connect and the wired VM4's buttons fail to register clicks, making it useless. I made a mistake buying the first one, I was an idiot for buying the second one. Too bad because the vertical design is indeed more comfortable in long term use. If you don't mind spending $100 every year to replace your broken Evoluent vertical mouse, maybe this product is for you. I cannot recommend it otherwise. Oh, the glossy finish is not so great either. If this mouse were sturdy and well built with a level of quality that matched its price, and if the wireless version worked reliably, and if the materials were subdued and durable... maybe I would try again. But maybe I am just a fool. …
- Written by Rene T from Avon
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this mouse work with the iMac (late 2012 27" model)
- Asked by Bonnie B from Naperville
- Mar 22, 2014
where is the battery compartment?
- Asked by Lisa S from Amity Harbor
- Nov 24, 2013
It's on the bottom. There is a little sliding cover you slide down then remove and the battery goes It's on the bottom. There is a little sliding cover you slide down then remove and the battery goes into a slot there angled up into the main body of the mouse. …
- Answered by Peter L from Louisville
- Jan 6, 2014
my thumb exists but can't be used - can i use this mouse without using my thumb
- Asked by Chris C from Larkspur
- Sep 9, 2013
There is a long narrow button for the thumb but I've never used it and have no idea what it does, so There is a long narrow button for the thumb but I've never used it and have no idea what it does, so my thumb just rests on the curved bit and provides a steadying force while the fingers do their thing on the other side. Hope this is helpful. …
- Answered by Helen N
- Sep 12, 2013
Does this mouse work with Windows 7 or 8?
- Asked by Fernando S from Mcallen
- Nov 7, 2013