Create professional-quality documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite. Familiar applications like Outlook, Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® for Mac 2011 help you take your ideas further. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows®, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. Store your files in a secure online SkyDrive® folder to access, edit, or share your work from virtually anywhere with the free Office Web Apps.
Outlook for Mac 2011
Manage your email and calendars with features that simplify staying connected and up to date.
- Clean up your inbox by collapsing long email threads into a single conversation.
- View your calendar within your e-mail and see your schedule displayed within a meeting invitation.
- Easily import your Outlook .pst files when you set up your new Mac.
- Consolidate e-mail from multiple accounts into a single folder.
- Manage your schedule and contacts without opening Outlook.
- Review your attachments with Quick Look, archive your files with Time Machine and use Spotlight to search your e-mail.
Word for Mac 2011
Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit and share your work easily on the web.
- Create visually rich newsletters, brochures and documents in Publishing Layout view.
- Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles.
- Work in Full Screen view to maximize space for reading and writing documents.
- Rearrange layers of text, photos and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.
- View, edit, store and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*
- Share and co-author Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Excel for Mac 2011
Clarify your financial picture with easy-to-analyze spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share or co-author with your team from virtually anywhere.
- Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars and color scales.
- Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell.
- Spend more time analyzing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables.
- Organize, filter and format related data with Excel tables.
- Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic.
- View, edit, store and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*
- Share and co-author Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
- Remove backgrounds or add color filters to your photos right within PowerPoint.
- Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online.
- Rearrange layers of text, photos and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.
- Rehearse, check your timing and take notes in Presenter View.
- View, edit, store and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*
- Share and co-author PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Did you notice?Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 now includes Outlook.
Apple Recommends ForThe easiest way for small businesses and home offices to create, share and access documents from almost anywhere.
What's in the Box?
- Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac
- Internet Access : Internet Access Required
- Media : Activation Code & Download Link
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- Intel processor
- 2.5GB of free hard-drive space; HFS+ formatted hard drive (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- 1GB of RAM
- Connection to a local network for installation
- 1280 by 800 or higher display resolution
- Outlook and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)
- Coauthoring requires SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live ID; Exchange support in Outlook 2011 requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later; Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later
- Mfr. Part Number : W6F-00198
- UPC or EAN No. : 885370486650
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- * Requires a Windows Live® ID, internet connection and supported browser.
Ratings & Reviews
Good for beginners not for medium or expert users
Like: The product works fine with nice features. Outlook is very stable.
Dislike: Excel is good if you use small files. Once your file size becomes in MBs you will face a lot of trouble, very slow processes (you can wait 3-4 sec. for the typed text appear in the cell or the filter is cleared!) and several crashes.
Transferring the exact same file to an old pc and made every thing work smooth!
I have late 2012 MacBook Pro with CI7 and 8G RAM.
technical support could not solve the issue (Mac and MS) …
- Written by Fadi B from Saint Laurent
70 of 80 people found this useful
A reluctant user
Of all the products I have loaded on my Power Book, this is the product that falls over the most. I was typing the word 'I've' int o Outlook and Outlook wants to uppercase the the 'V', the back space stops working at the same time. There is no intuitive way of deleting mails in outlook without physically opening them. When creating a Powerpoint Chart, that links to Excel, I found the columns in the speadsheet, after I dragged for autocopy, the cell couldn't be edited afterwards and changed back to the original values. I'm getting bored of the prompt asking me to notifying the vendor of a crash. Fundamentally, I haven't put this software on my machine out of choice, it's a business necessity. Roll on the day when Microsoft isn't the business standard office suite. With the quality of this software, hopefully it won't be that long! …
- Written by David B from HOOK
71 of 84 people found this useful
I have been using this version for about 6 months now. Never faced any problems with this version of office on my Macbook Pro Reti na 2012. However when the files do get large it tends to slow down, and I hope Microsoft fixes this problem soon. …
- Written by Richa S from New York
34 of 36 people found this useful
I purchased MS Office for business use. The program does not play nice with the Mac OS. Very buggy. It freezes almost daily as I stress the limits of the program. If you plan on using Excel to open large data files, don't bother. It will frustrate you more than anything. I've had better luck with Open Office. …
- Written by Dale K from Blair
2 of 3 people found this useful
Unfotunately stuck with it
I'm running MS Office on OS X10.7.5 3.1GHz Core i5 with 4GB RAM.
Outlook is OK, but you do not have message tracking flags avai lable anymore. Managing contacts and distribution lists can drive you up the walls.
Excel is almost as bad with large files as Open Office spreadsheet app. Lots of performance and memory issues. Sometimes it fails to save the changes, giving "not enough memory" error. The funny thing is that, I have some other spreadsheets open simultaneously and they can be saved without problems. The problem does not seem to depend on the size of the file either.
With Word I have not had major problems. Although sometimes it refuses to open any file saying something like the format is incorrect or the file is read only. Then I just quit Word completely, re-start it and everything is OK once again. Quality programming, huh?
Powerpoint I use very little, so can't really say anything about it.
The Sync Daemon is irritating, it needs to killed manually every time any there is an upgrade to Office …
- Written by Mika M from Somero
15 of 16 people found this useful
Absolute GARBAGE. Useless. You will constantly be fighting this program on a Mac.
As a side, I have been trying to fight this for almost a year...so this isn't just being reactive. It is absolutely useless garbage. I am actually considering dropping the Mac all together...very frustrating.
Excel is FULL of bugs and looks nothing like any version before.
Word is completely different and gives me a headache...everything has to be "cute" on a Mac
Powerpoint is completely useless.
Additionally, if you plan to migrate files over from a non-Mac...think again. Really just a shame to be honest. …
- Written by Jeff W from Scottsdale
30 of 36 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Jared L from Freehold
- Mar 18, 2013
It only includes Microsoft Office. You would need to purchase Turbo Tax separately.
- Answered by Warren S
- Mar 24, 2013
- Asked by Kathleen M from Keller
- Mar 2, 2013
apple offers a usb super drive that allows you to place a disc in to the device and connect it to y our computer. …
- Answered by Shannon K from Jacksonville
- Mar 29, 2013
Yes. It is like office 2010 for PC, and it is 100% compatible.
- Answered by William K from Austin
- Mar 4, 2013
- Asked by Jerry C from Wilmington
- Jan 29, 2013
Yes! It comes with a security key to which you can download the software online, because the MacBook Air does not come with a disc drive, or you could buy the Apple USB SuperDrive and download it using the disc. …
- Answered by Quinton T from Sunny Isles Beach
- Jan 31, 2013