The latest version of Microsoft's productivity software on the Macintosh platform, Office 2011 for Mac is more powerful and easier to use. It combines Microsoft Word for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint® for Mac, and Microsoft Excel® for Mac and lets you easily create high-impact documents and seamlessly share your ideas with others, whether they're on the Mac or Windows® platform.
Word for Mac 2011
Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit and share your work easily on the web.
Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view.Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles.Work in Full Screen view to maximize space for reading and writing documents.Rearrange layers of text, photos and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.View, edit, store and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*Share and co-author Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Excel for Mac 2011
Illuminate your financial picture with easy-to-analyze spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share or co-author with your family from virtually anywhere.
Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars, and color scales.Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell.Spend more time analyzing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables.Organize, filter, and format related data with Excel tables.Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic.View, edit, store and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*Share and co-author Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
Remove backgrounds or add color filters to your photos right within PowerPoint.Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online.Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering.Rehearse, check your timing, and take notes in Presenter View.View, edit, store, and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®.*Share and co-author PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Did you notice?With its newly reinvented user interface and wealth of templates, this suite of tools makes producing personal documents and student projects quick and easy.
Apple Recommends ForEveryday home use by everyone in the family; great for students in all grades from kindergarten through high school.
What's in the Box?
- Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac
- Internet Access: Internet Access Required
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- Intel processor
- 2.5GB of free hard-drive space; HFS+ formatted hard drive (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- 1GB of RAM
- Connection to a local network for installation
- 1280 by 800 or higher display resolution
- Certain features require Internet access (fees may apply); Certain online features require a Windows Live ID
- UPC or EAN No.: 885370485868
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- * Requires a Windows Live® ID, internet connection and supported browser.
Ratings & Reviews
Uninstalled it and reinstalled 2008 version
Buying this was a waste of money and time... I already had the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for Mac, which was much better by Buying this was a waste of money and time... I already had the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for Mac, which was much better by the way. The 2008 version included Entourage (email), and this 2011 version gives the impression it includes Outlook, but it's only the icon, and when you click it prompts you to purchase it separately. Microsoft Word is temperamental and doesn't always give you time to save before crashing. I didn't use PowerPoint or Excel, so I can't comment on those. By the way, why aren't we allowed to purchase Microsoft Word by itself? It would be great to have that option since some of us don't need the other applications... Do yourself a favor and buy iWorks or the 2008 version of Microsoft Office. …
- Written by JESSICA M from Oceanside
895 of 1063 people found this useful
Unfortunately I can't give this product zero stars. If I could I would. Word always crashes on my Mac, not sometimes, or every onc Unfortunately I can't give this product zero stars. If I could I would. Word always crashes on my Mac, not sometimes, or every once in awhile.....always.
Sage advice: hit the save button frequently or you will lose hours of work. Since I need to edit a lot I have gone back to a cheap PC. …
- Written by Margaret K from Toronto
773 of 994 people found this useful
Exactly what I needed.
Great product, works perfectly on my MacBook Pro. Never had any issues. Only wish it had Publisher.
- Written by Daniel M from Lancaster
483 of 635 people found this useful
Why must my workplace force me to use this garbage.
My work flow is constantly halted because they failed to incorporate the most basic Mac user features like pinch to zoom, smooth s My work flow is constantly halted because they failed to incorporate the most basic Mac user features like pinch to zoom, smooth scrolling and COPY AND PASTE THAT ACTUALLY COPIES AND PASTES THE FIRST TIME YOU DO IT. The entire experience feels cumbersome beyond belief. Features are hidden behind vague icons and making precise formatting changes is like riding a bull - you never know which way it's going to throw you.
Microsoft needs to update this atrocity FAST. …
- Written by Alex N from Provo
Absolutely terrible. Either partition your Mac to run Windows or buy PC
This product is awful for many reasons.
1) Outlook does not use Word as its editor. Therefore, FORMAT PAINT does not exist, sp This product is awful for many reasons.
1) Outlook does not use Word as its editor. Therefore, FORMAT PAINT does not exist, spellcheck is poor, read receipts aren't available, and there are very limited features. The lack of format paint is a major time thief.
2) Outlook is terribly bugged. If I send an email in 12 font, the receiver will always see it as 9.5 font, which is nearly unreadable unless you have a microscope, which is fine if the receiver is a scientist. If I send something in 16 font, it shows up as 13 to the receiver. Makes absolutely no sense.
3) On multiple occasions, I sent emails using one font, color, and size. I've checked my outbox and it looks normal. Yet, the receiver will see several font sizes, multiple colors, and some unreadable text. This makes me look terribly unprofessional, as I'm sure most readers assume it was a user error and not an Apple/Microsoft glitch.
4) In the PC version, the entire email remains intact if you respond from your navigation pane. However, in the Mac version, responding from the navigation pane will delete most of the previous conversation. You must fully open the email and respond if you want the integrity of the previous communication to remain.
5) Sometimes you will write an email and then the font automatically changes colors and size. Press delete and it goes back to normal, but press another button and it glitches again. Another stupid time thief.
5) OneNote is unavailable on Mac.
6) Product updates are few and far between.
7) Salesforce does not integrate with Office for Mac. On a PC, an email will immediately save to the Salesforce platform. On a Mac, users must manually input this data. I've checked with Salesforce and they've confirmed this is the case.
The list goes on and on. The product is terrible. I am abandoning Mac for these reasons alone. I love my Mac, but flawed emails, which were not my fault, are enough to switch. I cannot afford to lose potential business from communication glitches. Unless Microsoft and Apple fix these problems, you should just get a PC. …
- Written by Chad B from Phoenix
1 of 2 people found this useful
I have had this version for over a year now, and it works flawlessly. That is more than I can say for the previous version I owned I have had this version for over a year now, and it works flawlessly. That is more than I can say for the previous version I owned. This version has never crashed. I'm very pleased with it. …
- Written by Jamie J from Austin
3 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have Office 2010 Professional at work. Can I save 2011 files in the 2010 format?
- Asked by Shelby H from Vermilion
- Jan 28, 2015
How many Alpha-numeric PINs and Product Keys are in one box?
- Asked by Benjamin T from North Vancouver
- Jan 23, 2015
There is no disc. In the description it says:
What's in the Box?
Alpha-numeric PIN and Product K There is no disc. In the description it says:
What's in the Box?
Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac …
- Answered by Hampton M from Elk Grove
- Jan 10, 2015
can i run office on a mac
- Asked by Nancy L from Larchmont
- Dec 15, 2014
Yes. I purchased office 2011 and it works great on my MacBook Pro
- Answered by Rob G from Aliso Viejo
- Dec 26, 2014
How do I determine if I have 1GB of RAM
- Asked by Robert M from New Orleans
- Dec 12, 2014