Speck’s SmartShell case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. A rich color haze (Blue, Purple, and Hot Lips Pink models) or bold glowing edge effect (Green, Yellow, and Sunrise Pink models) lets you show off your unique style, while the glossy finish lets your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Rich color haze or bold glowing edge effect—depending on which color you select
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case,Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1945
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000750
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Not sturdy enough
I loved this product and the color was awesome but I only had it for a month before the corners started breaking and now will no l I loved this product and the color was awesome but I only had it for a month before the corners started breaking and now will no longer stay on. I don't carry it in a bag everyday. It mainly sat on my desk and probably put into a backpack once or twice a week. Did not hold up well enough for $50 …
- Written by Sarah R
62 of 63 people found this useful
My old Speck case lasted years but they must have changed the materials because the new one has barely lasted a couple of months. My old Speck case lasted years but they must have changed the materials because the new one has barely lasted a couple of months. Given how expensive they are you'd expect a much better quality product. …
- Written by Sylvia L from london
16 of 16 people found this useful
The bottom corners broke off after a couple of months and i had to take it off.
- Written by Maddie A from The Woodlands
16 of 18 people found this useful
Like the others, i had this product 2 weeks before the corners broke off, even with very careful use. Shame since the unit look Like the others, i had this product 2 weeks before the corners broke off, even with very careful use. Shame since the unit looks good, and sits well on the table with a non-slip base. Not a good use of money. …
- Written by Patrick M from San Ramon
I was really excited about my new case when it came in because the color was awesome and it looked great on my macbook. However, n I was really excited about my new case when it came in because the color was awesome and it looked great on my macbook. However, not even a month after putting it on my macbook the corners started breaking apart and a crack started to form across the top of it. My laptop barely leaves my desk and if it does its usually to my kitchen table so there is no reason for it to start breaking so soon! I'm so upset that I wasted my money on this cheap product. I hate that I even have to give this product a star at all on this review. …
- Written by Alesha T from Pinson
4 of 4 people found this useful
Just trust those who've already purchased this product and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. I give it one star because I love the Just trust those who've already purchased this product and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. I give it one star because I love the color. Mine broke within a month of owning it. I never have dropped or misused my laptop, this case was to keep it even safer, but instead it is causing me even more problems. Because the clips to keep this $50 case on are broken off, when holding my laptop, it slips right out almost making me drop my very expensive laptop. Horrible investment. Should've just purchased a cheap one from Ebay, would've lasted longer. …
- Written by Chloe T from North Aurora
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this case fit the new macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model
- Asked by Fraser P
- Oct 23, 2013
I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display fits like a glove. However the bottom part with the main body of the keyboard is a little loose. I think this is due to the fact that new new MBPr is 1mm thinner than the earlier model. I'm considering returning the speck case tomorrow in to wait for the new MBPr case. …
- Answered by Lucia S from Seekonk
- Oct 24, 2013
Will this case show finger prints and oil marks? Is it also easy to clean?
- Asked by Jasmine G from Calgary
- Nov 24, 2013
No answers yet
Does this fit the new (Oct 2013) macbook pro 13"?
- Asked by Rachel R
- Oct 25, 2013
Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfect Yes. I received my case yesterday, for the Oct 2013 13" MacBook Pro with retina, and it fits perfectly. If you have a 13" MacBook Pro without retina, you just need to select that option.
I actually contacted Speck when I bought mine, and they said they had done fit tests for the new MacBook Pro models with the cases sold in the Apple store. …
- Answered by Amy S
- Nov 8, 2013
is it ruberized like o just plain soft plastic?
- Asked by Julian A from Queretaro
- Aug 21, 2013
the bottom feet are rubberized but the rest of the case is like a hard but thing acrylic.
- Answered by Nicole H from Loretto
- Aug 25, 2013