Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005298
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
135 of 142 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
83 of 88 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
83 of 91 people found this useful
I bought a new mac book pro in June and purchased this case for it. Within a week the case had cracks in all 4 corners of it. Not I bought a new mac book pro in June and purchased this case for it. Within a week the case had cracks in all 4 corners of it. Not even 6 months after receiving my case its completely broken and unusable. I never travel with my laptop, it strictly stays at home, so I would not recommend this case for anyone who may travel with their computer since it cannot withstand any wear and tear. …
- Written by brittany F from Harpers ferry
My laptop only exists in my laptop bag or on clean, flat surfaces yet it's heavily scratched up. It's also recently broken in the My laptop only exists in my laptop bag or on clean, flat surfaces yet it's heavily scratched up. It's also recently broken in the upper right hand corner of the bottom half. I took it off to clean but when I was placing it back on, the part that grips the laptop snapped off. …
- Written by Teague C from Redmond
2 of 2 people found this useful
Hope you get a better one
I purchased this item through apple, when i received it in the mail i was very very dissapointed in the quality and how the produc I purchased this item through apple, when i received it in the mail i was very very dissapointed in the quality and how the product came to me. right out of the box it looked like i bought a used item for a retail price. the top side of the case was broken so i couldn't even snap it on my mac and it was full of small scratches. …
- Written by Brian V from West covina
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 28, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 8, 2014
I have a sticker on my MBP case and I'm wondering if the clear case will still let the sticker be seen?
- Asked by Jessica W from Cardiff By The Sea
- Oct 15, 2014
Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to even know it is on if you don't know what they look like. The case is crystal clear so every detail on the macbook can easily be seen. That's why I chose this case. I love the way the MBP looks and I didn't want any of it's "glory", if you will, to be hidden behind silly colors. …
- Answered by Jason G from Hamilton
- Oct 16, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 17, 2014
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
- Aug 31, 2014