Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005298
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
157 of 165 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
99 of 104 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
96 of 105 people found this useful
I bought this sleeve in august when i bought my new laptop and it is defiantly not worth the $50. it already broke in many places I bought this sleeve in august when i bought my new laptop and it is defiantly not worth the $50. it already broke in many places and has cracks in it. the sleeve is impossible to get off when needed to be cleaned. dust gets under the case and does not fit well. not worth it …
- Written by Madison S from Lewes
0 of 1 people found this useful
I highly recominde not buying this product.
For the below reasons:
- The cover is not fit at all for apple laptop ( there is I highly recominde not buying this product.
For the below reasons:
- The cover is not fit at all for apple laptop ( there is a difficulty of removing the cover from my laptop, when I wanted to clean up the the dust)
- it's very easy is for the dust to go under the cover.
- when i went to Apple store Genius Bar it took from the technician view minutes for Disarmament the cover :(
Simply don't but this product. …
- Written by Adel A from Chicago
The shell shouldn't come off when the computer is dropped. The whole point of a shell is for it to protect the computer, not break The shell shouldn't come off when the computer is dropped. The whole point of a shell is for it to protect the computer, not break it. I don't recommend it. Better off not using a case. …
- Written by Mallory B from Warsaw
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this case fit a macbook pro from early 2011? model number 700 or 720
- Asked by Haya D from Jacksonville
- Apr 7, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013