The WD My Book for Mac desktop hard drive delivers ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity, Mac formatting, Time Machine compatibility, and password protection with hardware encryption.
Dual USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 interface
With this single drive you can connect to a USB 3.0 port for SuperSpeed transfer rates or connect to a USB 2.0 port for Hi-speed USB connectivity. So you can connect USB 2.0 today and step up to USB 3.0 whenever you're ready.
Up to three times faster transfer rates
When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port this drive lets you access and save files up to three times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a two-hour HD movie in just three minutes instead of 13 minutes.*
Compatible with Time Machine
Back up your files quickly and easily with Time Machine.
Works right out of the box with Max OS X v10.5 or later operating systems. Or you can quickly reformat the drive for use with Windows operating systems.
WD Security lets you set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity
- Compatible with Time Machine
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- Formatted for Mac OS X
Did you notice?When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port this drive lets you access and save files up to 3 times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just 3 minutes instead of 13 minutes.*
Apple Recommends ForAdd extra storage space for photos, videos, and music from your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book for Mac desktop hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption,Kensington Port,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 1.9 in./4.83 cm
- Width: 5.3 in./13.46 cm
- Weight: 2.6 lb./1.18 kg
- Length: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBEKS0030HBK-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037805016
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can you use this product (WD My Book for Mac 3TB Desktop (MAC) USB 3.00 to back up more than one computer?
- Asked by Marcy B from Philadelphia
- Oct 1, 2013
No answers yet
I have this and an Air Port. Do I need both? How do I check this hard drive for backup info on my old laptop?
- Asked by Glenn F from Saint Petersburg
- Mar 3, 2013
I'm somewhat confused by your question. You should be able to simply plug in the hardrive via USB a I'm somewhat confused by your question. You should be able to simply plug in the hardrive via USB and view what's on it to make your own determination. What you do with the drive after you've recovered the information you want is up to you. You could enable multiple drive support in Time Machine (just add it as another drive, the software will walk you through it) and make it into an additional backup that you keep off-site as a data insurance policy. I use my old hard drives for iMovie, Time Machine, and any number of things. …
- Answered by Christopher H from Virginia Beach
- Jun 8, 2013
No, you do not.
- Answered by William M from Richmond
- Feb 1, 2013