The WD My Book for Mac desktop hard drive delivers ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity, Mac formatting, Time Machine compatibility, and password protection with hardware encryption.
Dual USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 interface
With this single drive you can connect to a USB 3.0 port for SuperSpeed transfer rates or connect to a USB 2.0 port for Hi-speed USB connectivity. So you can connect USB 2.0 today and step up to USB 3.0 whenever you're ready.
Up to three times faster transfer rates
When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port this drive lets you access and save files up to three times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a two-hour HD movie in just three minutes instead of 13 minutes.*
Compatible with Time Machine
Back up your files quickly and easily with Time Machine.
Works right out of the box with Max OS X v10.5 or later operating systems. Or you can quickly reformat the drive for use with Windows operating systems.
WD Security lets you set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity
- Compatible with Time Machine
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- Formatted for Mac OS X
Did you notice?When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port this drive lets you access and save files up to 3 times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just 3 minutes instead of 13 minutes.*
Apple Recommends ForAdd extra storage space for photos, videos, and music from your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book for Mac desktop hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Connections : USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Height : 1.9 in./4.83 cm
- Width : 5.3 in./13.46 cm
- Weight : 2.6 lb./1.18 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : WDBEKS0020HBK-NESN
- UPC or EAN No. : 718037804958
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
DO NOT BUY
I have purchased two WD external hard drives for my MacBook Pro. My first was the 1TB, the next was this, the 2TB drive.
The firs t drive broke, (bad sectors) not allowing access to any of my data.
As for this 2TB, the device has locked me out, not allowing me to write the disk.
I would not recommend WD external hard drives to anyone. You may save money on the purchase, but when you have to spend hundreds of dollars on data recovery, you might want to save yourself the hassle, and purchase a more reliable/expensive product. …
- Written by Eric B from Quincy
3 of 5 people found this useful
Very sleek looking and works great with iMac 27"(2012)
- Written by Patrick F from Mechanicville
18 of 26 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Neil S from Palm Desert
- Feb 9, 2013
It does not work with the AirPort Express. It does work with AirPort Extreme and can be used for bac kup with Time Machine. I personally have this setup, it definitely works with AirPort Extreme. …
- Answered by Rafael S from Fort Myers
- Mar 30, 2013
I have this and an Air Port. Do I need both? How do I check this hard drive for backup info on my old laptop?
- Asked by Glenn F from Saint Petersburg
- Mar 3, 2013
No answers yet