The WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive is an ideal complement for your Mac, delivering the amazing speed of USB 3.0, outstanding capacity, and the beauty of a high-quality aluminum enclosure. Along with Time Machine compatibility it provides password protection and hardware encryption to safeguard your data. This drive is the right choice for videographers, photographers, and other graphic professionals.
- Heat-dissipating, aluminum enclosure remains cool to the touch and takes up minimal space
- Save and access data at top speeds with the high-performance, USB 3.0 connectivity
- Plenty of room to store all the chapters of your digital life
- Formatted HFS+ journaled so it works with your Mac OS X v10.6.5 or later system
- Easily reformatted to work with Windows operating systems
- Password protection and hardware-based encryption prevents unauthorized access to your data
- Register your drive, run diagnostics, and more using WD Drive Utilities
Did you notice?Delivers universal compatibility today and speed for tomorrow—use with high-speed USB 2.0 or step up to SuperSpeed USB 3.0.
Apple Recommends ForSuper-Speed USB 3.0 connectivity to the Mac makes this ideal for videographers, photographers, and other graphic professionals.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- WD Security
- WD Drive Utilities
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption,Kensington Port,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width: 1.9 in./4.83 cm
- Weight: 2.34 lb./1.06 kg
- Length: 5.3 in./13.46 cm
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port*
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBCPZ0010HAL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037803074
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- * USB 3.0 port required for USB 3.0 speed and features
Ratings & Reviews
WD My Book Studio 1TB
Just got the product. The boxing is great, and it is very easy to setup. The actual product looks smaller than the one in the pict Just got the product. The boxing is great, and it is very easy to setup. The actual product looks smaller than the one in the picture. Its aluminum closure looks very good and fits Apple computers, however, if you look in detail, it is easy to see that the surface looks a little "raw". It surprised me that how quiet it is when working. Has a pretty good speed on backing up stuff using Time Machine. 1 TB is enough for one to two MacBooks unless you are using it for a desktop. Great product. …
- Written by Corry K from Franklin
9 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use this item to transfer ebooks from a pc to a Mac?
- Asked by Thomas P from Houston
- Sep 2, 2013
- Answered by Kyran B
- Oct 30, 2013
Has the WD My Book 3TB external HD a UK AC power plug?
- Asked by John C S
- Oct 9, 2013
- Answered by Kyran B
- Oct 30, 2013
This device is not a DVD burner, but rather an extra external hard drive. You can keep files and bac This device is not a DVD burner, but rather an extra external hard drive. You can keep files and back ups on it. For a DVD burner you'd want to check out the USB Superdrive. That will work with any Mac that doesn't have an internal one (new iMacs, Mac Mini, Macbook Pro Retina, and Macbook Air) …
- Answered by Sarah W from Austin
- Aug 18, 2013