OverviewThe WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive is an ideal complement for your Mac, delivering the amazing speed of USB 3.0, outstanding capacity, and the beauty of a high-quality aluminum enclosure. Along with Time Machine compatibility it provides password protection and hardware encryption to safeguard your data. This drive is the right choice for videographers, photographers, and other graphic professionals.
- Heat-dissipating, aluminum enclosure remains cool to the touch and takes up minimal space
- Save and access data at top speeds with the high-performance, USB 3.0 connectivity
- Plenty of room to store all the chapters of your digital life
- Formatted HFS+ journaled so it works with your Mac OS X v10.6.5 or later system
- Easily reformatted to work with Windows operating systems
- Password protection and hardware-based encryption prevents unauthorized access to your data
- Register your drive, run diagnostics, and more using WD Drive Utilities
Did you notice?Delivers universal compatibility today and speed for tomorrow—use with high-speed USB 2.0 or step up to SuperSpeed USB 3.0.
Apple Recommends ForSuper-Speed USB 3.0 connectivity to the Mac makes this ideal for videographers, photographers, and other graphic professionals.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- WD Security
- WD Drive Utilities
- Quick install guide
- Connections : USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Height : 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width : 1.9 in./4.83 cm
- Weight : 2.34 lb./1.06 kg
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port*
- Mfr. Part Number : WDBCPZ0010HAL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No. : 718037803074
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Three-year limited
- * USB 3.0 port required for USB 3.0 speed and features
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Chris W from Ft Wortb
- May 11, 2013
I have a Mac OS X Version 10.5.8, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Is this external hard drive compatible?
- Asked by Joanne S from Wilmington
- Jan 21, 2013
Only if you have a USB3 port on your laptop will you gain the top speed this unit offers, You can us e it with USB2 of course, but you would be paying a very high price for a relatively slow rate of transfer. If you have a Thunderbolt port you may be able to buy a Thunderbolt to USB3 adapter, but then this drive should be at the end of any daisy chain of actual Thunderbolt devices (up to 5 including this product) so you don't create a bottleneck with this slower device. Hope this helps. …
- Answered by Gary B from Tucson
- Jan 28, 2013