The NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac GPU helps you achieve impressive results more rapidly in GPU-accelerated professional applications such as Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk Maya and Smoke available on the Mac.
Use up to four displays at once
The new display engine drives up to four displays simultaneously and supports next-generation DisplayPort 1.2 features to give you maximum workspace and productivity. Among those features are improved color depth, higher refresh rates, and resolutions as high as 3840 by 2160 @ 60 Hz or 4096 by 2160 @ up to 48 Hz.
4 GB GDDR5 GPU memory with ultra-fast memory bandwidth
A massive 4 GB frame buffer and memory bandwidth up to 173 GB/s deliver high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and exceptional performance for real-time processing of large textures and frames.
Designed for Mac Pro
NVIDIA designed, tested, and built the Quadro K5000 specifically for the Mac Pro to give you the highest performance, most advanced capabilities, and greatest reliability in its class.
Fast performance in Microsoft Windows pro applications
Even when you're using Boot Camp and running Windows applications, you can make the most of native Quadro GPU-accelerated 3D graphics performance and features.
NVIDIA CUDA architecture
This parallel-computing architecture tightly integrates advanced visualization and compute features to significantly accelerate professional workflows. NVIDIA regularly optimizes the CUDA drivers achieve peak performance and stability.
- Support for dual DisplayPort 1.2 resolutions, such as 3840 by 2160 @ 60 Hz (dongles also included to support Mini DisplayPort)
- Powers two 27-inch LED Cinema Displays at full resolution using the included Mini DisplayPort adapters
- Stunning image quality through 64x full-scene antialiasing (FSAA)
- More visualization performance and higher GPU compute horsepower with the new SMX architecture (streaming multiprocessor engine)
- Silent cooling design for an ultra-quiet desktop environment
- Low-power design that enables up to two cards in one system for CUDA-based application performance scaling or connecting eight displays
- Ability to create a robust 3D Stereoscopic viewing experience on your 3D stereo-capable display through a dedicated 3-pin miniDIN connector*
- Dual-link DVI-I/DVI-D outputs up to 2560 by 1600 @ 60 Hz and 1920 by 1200 @ 120 Hz
- Simple, easy out-of-the-box setup
Did you notice?Quadro K5000 for Mac is tested by leading software vendors such as Autodesk and Adobe to give you the best possible experience with professional applications.
Apple Recommends ForGet optimal performance and reliability from the professional design, animation, and video applications on your Mac Pro.
What's in the Box?
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac graphics board
- Two DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort cables
- 6-pin auxiliary power cable
- Quick start guide
- Width: 0.57 in./1.45 cm
- Depth: 4.376 in./11.12 cm
- Weight: 1.52 lb./0.689 kg
- Length: 10.5 in./26.67 cm
- Mac OS X v10.8.3 or later
- Mac Pro (early 2008) or later (model Mac Pro 3.1 or later)
- Available PCI Express 2.0 slot
- Mfr. Part Number: VCQK5000MAC-PB
- UPC or EAN No.: 751492555720
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
- *3D Stereo Bracket to enable 3D glasses is sold separately.
Ratings & Reviews
Installing two K5000s in a MacPro5,1
I've installed two K5000s in a MP5,1. Each one draws a max of 122 watts. Only one power cable is needed for each K5000. The power I've installed two K5000s in a MP5,1. Each one draws a max of 122 watts. Only one power cable is needed for each K5000. The power requirement of the K5000 is handled without issues in the MP5,1. These K5000s run VERY quietly whereas the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 will cause the fans to roar as if a Boeing 747 was ready to takeoff. If you want a quiet room these K5000s will suit you. Installing two K5000s leaves but 1 PCIe slot, so keep this in mind. If you have CUDA type applications you will be impressed. OpenCL is a different matter, and the 7950 runs rings around the K5000 in this regards. …
- Written by Barry S from EDMONDS
3 of 3 people found this useful
Top of the Line
This is the best card you can put in a Mac Pro, nothing is better. The rub is that since the Mac Pro's power supply is not very ro This is the best card you can put in a Mac Pro, nothing is better. The rub is that since the Mac Pro's power supply is not very robust only one card can be used. While this is not a problem for most users but I assume anyone will to spend $2,500 on a card would also have enough to purchase two to drive more than 4 displays. Still it is the best card money can buy for a Mac Pro. …
- Written by Ben S from Ames
46 of 66 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Quadro K5000 in a MacPro82012) + LG 34UM95, will it work?
- Asked by Diether M
- May 22, 2014
Is there an adaptor available to go from DVI dual Link to Mini display port? In other words, can I connect 3 Cinema Displays to this card?
- Asked by Cory M from Calgary
- Apr 17, 2013
Will the K5000 work in an Xserve (2009)?
- Asked by Keith L from Seattle
- May 4, 2013