Focusrite iTrack Solo Mic Preamp
Plug in to your iPad and start recording.
- Award-winning Focusrite microphone input
- Directly connect your microphone or instrument
- Robust aluminum unibody case
- Signal halos for level and clip indication
Apple Recommends For
Make pro-level recordings on your iPad with this high-quality mobile interface—regardless of your experience.
Focusrite's iTrack Solo mic preamp provides the best solution for recording your instruments and vocals using an iPad. Featuring a Focusrite microphone preamp and an input to record directly from electric guitars, iTrack Solo is the perfect tool if you're a singer-songwriter who wants to take their demos to the next level. Using the very best in digital audio technology iTrack Solo can capture your sound with pristine quality. Simply plug in and press record.
Directly connect your microphone or instrument
Simply plug in your electric, electroacoustic, or bass guitar and microphone to record in pristine quality. There's a guitar input alongside the microphone input, so you're free to record vocals and your instrument simultaneously to separate tracks in your software.*
Signal halos for level and clip indication
Two lights surround the input level knobs letting you know that you're recording at the correct volume. Red means that your signal is clipping, and that you should reduce the gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the signal returns to a healthy level, at which point the halo will turn green again.
A large monitor dial provides a tactile control for the volume of your speakers and headphones, while a high-quality headphone amp provides a clean yet loud signal to headphones connected to the front panel socket. The direct monitor switch routes audio directly from the inputs to both the headphone and speaker outputs—so you can hear the incoming signal with no latency from your music app.
Connect directly to your speakers
Outputs on the rear panel let you connect iTrack Solo to a pair of powered speakers or to your home hi-fi system. You can then control the speaker volume using the large dial on the front of iTrack Solo.
Compatible with iPad, Mac OS X, and Windows
iTrack Solo is a certified "Made for iPad" device that also works with Mac desktops or notebooks. That's why Focusrite includes Ableton Live Lite—a powerful recording and sequencing software allowing you to create music—and their own Scarlett Plug-In Suite, which provides Reverb, Compression, Gate, and EQ effects.
High-quality award-winning microphone input
Focusrite's long experience in professional recording really shows in the design of the input section of iTrack Solo, which features a clean, low-noise, low-distortion preamp. iTrack Solo also provides phantom power for professional condenser microphones.
- High-quality award-winning Focusrite microphone input
- Works with GarageBand and other apps and is also fully compatible with Mac and PC
- Directly connect your microphone or instrument to record in pristine quality
- Aluminum unibody case provides road-worthy protection
- Two signal halo lights surround the input level knobs to let you know you're recording at the correct volume
- Connect directly to your home speakers via outputs on the back panel
- Front panel headphone output
- Large speaker/headphone level dial and “Direct Monitor” function
- Ableton Live Lite recording software for use with iTrack Solo and your Mac
- Scarlett Plug-In Suite helps make your song sound the best with professional plug-ins for your Mac
Did You Notice?
Record simultaneously with the guitar and microphone inputs.
- Usage: Music Creation
- iOS 5.0 or later for iPad; Mac OS X v10.7.3 or v10.8 for Mac
- Windows 7
What's in the Box?
- Focusrite iTrack Solo interface
- USB A-B cable
- Device link cable (connects iTrack Solo to iPad)
- USB PSU (U.S. only)**
- Software activation card for Scarlett Plug-In Suite and Ableton Live Lite (Note that you must download the software; there is no installation CD inside the box)
- Warranty: One year
- UPC or EAN No.: 815301008217
- Mfr. Part Number: ITRACK-SOLO
- Note: *GarageBand for iOS will record two simultaneous inputs to a single stereo track, which cannot be separated using iPad. The two separate signals can be separated by transferring your session to a Mac. Other apps are available that allow recording to two separate tracks simultaneously.**During iPad operation, the supplied USB A-B cable must be used to connect iTrack Solo to a USB power supply, such as the one included with iPad.
Most Useful Reviews
Why are you waiting to buy this? Get it NOW!
- Written by BEN Z from Cherry Hill
Was this useful?
Great sound, ease of use and design
- Written by Michael I from Wallkill
Was this useful?
Yes it is compatible, you would need a 30 pin camera connection kit to lighting adapter.
- Answered by Michael T
- Apr 1, 2013
Can I record music directly from an electric piano (Casio Privia) thru the Focusrite itrack solo mic preamp? This piano has a MIDI connection.
- Asked by Ann Marie E from Huntingdon Valley
- Dec 14, 2012
This IS NOT a MIDI device. It is audio only, but you can use the outputs of the Privia to record audio out. Since the Privia has an unbalanced output, and it is stereo, you will have to set your recording interface controls (DAW or whatever application you're using) to input both the mic and line inputs...however, you'll need to carefully adjust the volume (see the halo light) on each input. One more thing... since the outputs of the Privia are 1/4" mono L/R, you'll need at least one adapter (mono 1/4" to XLR male) for one of the inputs. The "guitar" input can take a regular 1/4" to 1/4" cable ("guitar cable). Once the levels are set, though, this is a wonderful interface/preamp, especially when used with Auria (a 48 track DAW running on an iPad!!!!). …More
- Answered by Ben Z from Cherry Hill
- Dec 20, 2012