The Nest Learning Thermostat makes saving energy simple with control over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Nest also remembers what temperatures you like and turns itself down when you’re away.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 95% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy History and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and what affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Lower your AC bill in the summer with Airwave, which cuts AC runtime automatically when humidity isn't too high—ensuring that you stay cool.
System Match turns on custom features depending on what heating or cooling system you have. It's perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pumps or for forced air systems.
If you’re comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. Three out of four people install Nest themselves in 30 minutes or less. A Nest Certified Professional can also help you install—visit Nest's website at nest.com to learn more.
Works in most houses
According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest works in 95% of homes with low voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant. Visit the Installation section at nest.com and click on the "compatibility checker" to see if it'll work in your home.
- Change the temperature from iPhone or iPad with the free mobile app
- Turn it up, turn it down—Nest learns what temperatures you like and programs itself
- Nest turns itself to an energy-efficient temperature when you’re not home
- Every month Nest will email you an Energy Report with info about how much energy you’ve used and tips to save more
- Most people install Nest in 30 minutes or less; if you can install a light fixture, you can install Nest
- Free Nest Mobile app available from the App Store
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Trim kit
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight: 8.6 oz./244 g
- Length: 3.26 in./ 83 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: T200577
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
- According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24V) residential systems, including:
- Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) (Professional installation recommended)
- Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, either manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
344 of 381 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apart my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
291 of 320 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
292 of 326 people found this useful
Guess what?? It's offline again.
We have two of these thermostats in our home. They take turns each day going offline. When you physically go into the settings of We have two of these thermostats in our home. They take turns each day going offline. When you physically go into the settings of the offline thermostat, it shows it's connected to the wifi network with full signal. The eight Nest Protects we have never have an issue with wifi connectivity. …
- Written by Leland P from Riverside
1 of 2 people found this useful
My Gen 1 Nest worked like a champ. My Gen 2 Nest is offline more than it's online. It's at the point that the only reliable way to My Gen 1 Nest worked like a champ. My Gen 2 Nest is offline more than it's online. It's at the point that the only reliable way to control it is manually. The pretty much negates the reason for owning it. Nest customer service is polite, in fact I've never felt better while being blamed for a problem. My Nest Protect seems to work just fine so it can't be my wireless network, a fact that seems beyond the comprehension of the tech reps I've spoken to.
Definitely looking into alternatives at this point. I'm rating it two stars only because it looks neat. …
- Written by James H from SAN PEDRO
1 of 2 people found this useful
Keeps going off line in both homes
Have a Next Thermostat in two homes and both keep going offline. Someone has to be at the thermostat to get a reconnect code so t Have a Next Thermostat in two homes and both keep going offline. Someone has to be at the thermostat to get a reconnect code so this is not really a remote Thermostat. Over $500 shot. …
- Written by Lloyd N from Hudson
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it possible that the thermostat runs on Celsius ? Instead of Fahrenheit
- Asked by G.c. V
- Nov 4, 2014
Yes, you can choose either Celcius or Fahrenheit in the settings.
- Answered by Stargazer O from Blaine
- Nov 5, 2014
can I hook up my outdoor sensing bulb and 24v humidifier relay right to the nest
- Asked by Thomas T from Grosse Pointe Farms
- Sep 21, 2014
Will this work with all the family iphones or just one specific iphone? iPhone4?
- Asked by Shanna W from Mora
- Nov 6, 2012
It will work with all the iPhones you have. Just install the nest app.
- Answered by Andrew J from Milwaukee
- Nov 13, 2012
Will it auto recover after power outage or wifi outage
- Asked by Sam J from Marco Island
- Nov 3, 2012
I simulated a power outage by turning off the breaker & all returned to normal. I have AT&T uverse s I simulated a power outage by turning off the breaker & all returned to normal. I have AT&T uverse so my Internet is spotty & I've not had any problems. …
- Answered by Andrew J from Milwaukee
- Nov 13, 2012