The Nest Learning Thermostat makes saving energy simple with control over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Nest also remembers what temperatures you like and turns itself down when you’re away.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 95% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy History and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and what affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Lower your AC bill in the summer with Airwave, which cuts AC runtime automatically when humidity isn't too high—ensuring that you stay cool.
System Match turns on custom features depending on what heating or cooling system you have. It's perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pumps or for forced air systems.
If you’re comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. Three out of four people install Nest themselves in 30 minutes or less. A Nest Certified Professional can also help you install—visit Nest's website at nest.com to learn more.
Works in most houses
According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest works in 95% of homes with low voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant. Visit the Installation section at nest.com and click on the "compatibility checker" to see if it'll work in your home.
- Change the temperature from iPhone or iPad with the free mobile app
- Turn it up, turn it down—Nest learns what temperatures you like and programs itself
- Nest turns itself to an energy-efficient temperature when you’re not home
- Every month Nest will email you an Energy Report with info about how much energy you’ve used and tips to save more
- Most people install Nest in 30 minutes or less; if you can install a light fixture, you can install Nest
- Free Nest Mobile app available from the App Store
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Trim kit
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight: 8.6 oz./244 g
- Length: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: T200577
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
- According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24V) residential systems, including:
- Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) (Professional installation recommended)
Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
Adding a common C wire is not required in 99% of installations.
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, either manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
305 of 324 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
266 of 288 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apart my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
257 of 275 people found this useful
Really wanted these to work
For what it's worth, I'm a software engineer actively working in the "connected devices" world. Point being, I SHOULD have above For what it's worth, I'm a software engineer actively working in the "connected devices" world. Point being, I SHOULD have above average technical know-how.
Summary of installation for TWO thermostats:
Wiring 20 minutes total - easy
WiFi config - 40 minutes (really painful - no exaggeration) AND I had to change my router security to mixed mode before it work. I have a 3 year old Cisco router. I've had no problems with any other device in my house and I have probably 12+ "things" connected all of the time.
- Error displayed on the Nest and my upstairs was at 61 degrees.
- Nest support ran through some tests and determined my furnace had an issue and I should call my HVAC guy.
- Just google "N26 No power to G wire detected."
- This furnace is a heat pump and apparently didn't provide enough power to keep the Nest happy. I replaced my old thermostat and everything was just fine.
During the next week
- My Gas force air furnace worked great and the info coming off of the Nest was exactly what I had wanted/expected. ...until it stopped connecting to my WiFi. It was only online for about 5 days total.
- After a couple of additional attempts I gave up.
Bottom line: WiFi connectivity is key for this product and both units had general connectivity problems in my house where other devices seem not to. Before installing on a heat bump, do some additional research. You might be better off with a non-programmable anyway. …
- Written by Thomas B from Tipton
Update killed thermostat.
Newest update causes the battery to run down and shut down. In the cold north east no thermostat is a big concern, but not to Nes Newest update causes the battery to run down and shut down. In the cold north east no thermostat is a big concern, but not to Nest. With no battery you can not even manually turn on your heat!!!! Frozen pipes while you are on vaca? Elderly in the house? They claim to have a fix but upon calling they admitted they can't even roll back to a working version. …
- Written by Mark T from Woburn
Do not buy a Nest
The Nest is not reliable. We installed ours 2 wks ago and it does not work - we are presently freezing in our home. Yesterday, w The Nest is not reliable. We installed ours 2 wks ago and it does not work - we are presently freezing in our home. Yesterday, we came home from work as usual and it was mysteriously in "away" mode. Today, we came home and it had the air conditioner and furnace running at same time. The house was freezing. We turned off the air conditioner at the electrical panel - we tried to do it at the Nest but it did not work, so the only option was to flip the breaker. We then put a thermometer beside the Nest and saw that it reads 8 degrees less than is displayed on the Nest, meaning that the Nest does not properly measure the ambient temp. We went to their website for troubleshooting - it is a useless piece of fluff. We called their 1-800 # and did not get service after almost an hour on hold. So, here we sit, freezing and disappointed, in our house in November! We will return to Honeywell asap. Do not get a Nest! …
- Written by Michael S from Mississauga
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
WHAT IS AUTO AWAY when set for away if temperature drops will go on to meet set temperature?
- Asked by Manny M from New York
- Dec 5, 2013
If your thermostat is set to heat to 70° F and you have and away temperature of 60° F the furnace wi If your thermostat is set to heat to 70° F and you have and away temperature of 60° F the furnace will not come on until the house cools to 60° F while in Away mode.
Does that answer your question? …
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Dec 5, 2013
Can the NEST also control a humidifier that installed in the furnace?
- Asked by David Y from Naperville
- Dec 5, 2013
Yes, the humidifier control wire goes into the star connector on the backplate and during setup you Yes, the humidifier control wire goes into the star connector on the backplate and during setup you can tell the thermostat that you have a humidifier. …
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Dec 5, 2013
Does the Nest include a low temperature alarm? does the nest allow you to remotely gauge the temperature at your residence?
- Asked by Ed A from Englewood
- Nov 1, 2013
There is not an alarm/notification sent if the thermostat is unable to maintain temperature in your There is not an alarm/notification sent if the thermostat is unable to maintain temperature in your house, but you can check the temperature from your iPhone remotely at anytime. …
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Nov 4, 2013
Will Nest pick up movement from a cat in the house?
- Asked by Richard C from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
We have bad weather in florida. To avoid damage to the AC system it is not uncommon to turn the system off. Is there an mechanism to do that?
- Asked by Robert D from Winter Springs
- Oct 9, 2013
Yes. You can turn the the system off either at the thermostat or remotely from the Nest app on your Yes. You can turn the the system off either at the thermostat or remotely from the Nest app on your smartphone. …
- Answered by John H from Saint Louis Park
- Nov 6, 2013