This is the next-generation Nest Learning Thermostat. It's 20% thinner, has an updated design, and works in even more homes than the original Nest.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 99% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy history and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and how your temperature adjustments, the weather, or Auto-Away affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Most thermostats are made for conventional forced air systems, but not all systems are conventional. With System Match, Nest activates custom features depending on what system you have. System Match is perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pump systems that lose efficiency without the right controls.
Automatically turns the air conditioner off a few minutes early, then uses the fan to spread cold air through your home. This Nest exclusive can reduce AC runtime by up to 30%.
If you're comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. In fact, more than 90% of Nest owners install Nest themselves, with three out of four completing installation in 30 minutes or less. If you'd like help, you can schedule an appointment with a Nest Certified Professional at 855-4MY-NEST.
Works in most houses
Nest works in 95% of homes that have low-voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant.* Find out if it'll work in your home.
- Nest learns what temperatures you like and creates a custom schedule for your home.
- Stop heating or cooling an empty house; Nest turns itself down when you're away
- Connect Nest to Wi-Fi in seconds to change the temperature from anywhere
- Find out when your heating or cooling system was on, how much energy you used, and how you can save more
- You'll see a Nest Leaf whenever you set Nest to a temperature that'll help you save; the Leaf guides you to energy savings
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Optional Mounting kit
- Height : 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width : 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight : 8.6 oz./244 g
- Length : 3.26 in./83 mm
- Mfr. Part Number : T200577
- UPC or EAN No. : 854448003037
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Two-year limited hardware warranty
- *Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24v) residential systems, including: Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) )Professional installation recommended)
- Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
Adding a common C wire is not required in 99% of installations.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith er manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
239 of 252 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
216 of 233 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa rt my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
205 of 220 people found this useful
This product is simply amazing. It doesn't exactly what it advertises.. You can control you thermostat from anywhere and it was ve ry easy to install. Installation took less that 20 mins.. Great buy. You never have to go your thermostat again to change the temperature. …
- Written by Admore W from coral springs
I've had for over a year now
And I love it! We actually put in two in our Arizona home, and have saved hundreds in cooling costs. Not to mention, it's just coo l looking! …
- Written by Jessica W from Tucson
It's a Struggle!
Be warned, if you don't work a 9-5 job, with a set schedule and regimented weekends you will CONSTANTLY BE FIGHTING with nest to k eep your house comfortable.
Nest is constantly changing your schedule to adapt to how you've set it i the past. An extra day off in the middle of the week (like a sick day) and you'll find yourself shouting at the wall every 20 minutes because nest keeps raising the temp back up to 78! The worst thing about this $250 thermostat is that it lacks the basic function of a 'hold' feature.
Of course you can turn the learning part off but it is not easy to do this and once you do, well, you realize you've paid 6 times more for a thermostat because it has a feature that you've had to disable.
We've woken up sweating in the middle of the night and found that Nest had decided to turn itself up 5 degrees.
On the plus side it looks cool and was easy to install.
On the downside in practice it is annoying and lacks features like a hold button that is essential for anyone who's schedule is not EXACTLY the same every day. …
- Written by Mike W from Lawrence
8 of 12 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I adjust the "span" for cooling or heating on this thermostat, AND can I program a hard schedule
- Asked by Paul E from Winnipeg
- Jun 11, 2013
- Asked by Ronald A from Riverside
- Apr 9, 2013
Yes, however you still need an active Wi-Fi network to control it wirelessly from within your home.
- Answered by Alex F from Endwell
- Jun 4, 2013
I have 2 thermostats for my two heating zones, and a third thermostat for my ac. Will I need 3 Nest Thermostats to control both heat and air?
- Asked by Glenn D from South Windham
- Dec 19, 2012
- Asked by Erica L from Fountain Gate
- Nov 18, 2012
in case the furnace quits working does the thermostat tell you the temperature of the home and the humidity?
- Asked by Greg P from Kola
- Dec 12, 2012