The Nest Learning Thermostat makes saving energy simple with control over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Nest also remembers what temperatures you like and turns itself down when you’re away.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 95% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy History and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and what affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Lower your AC bill in the summer with Airwave, which cuts AC runtime automatically when humidity isn't too high—ensuring that you stay cool.
System Match turns on custom features depending on what heating or cooling system you have. It's perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pumps or for forced air systems.
If you’re comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. Three out of four people install Nest themselves in 30 minutes or less. A Nest Certified Professional can also help you install—visit Nest's website at nest.com to learn more.
Works in most houses
According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest works in 95% of homes with low voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant. Visit the Installation section at nest.com and click on the "compatibility checker" to see if it'll work in your home.
- Change the temperature from iPhone or iPad with the free mobile app
- Turn it up, turn it down—Nest learns what temperatures you like and programs itself
- Nest turns itself to an energy-efficient temperature when you’re not home
- Every month Nest will email you an Energy Report with info about how much energy you’ve used and tips to save more
- Most people install Nest in 30 minutes or less; if you can install a light fixture, you can install Nest
- Free Nest Mobile app available from the App Store
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Trim kit
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight: 8.6 oz./244 g
- Length: 3.26 in./ 83 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: T200577
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
- According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24V) residential systems, including:
- Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) (Professional installation recommended)
- Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, either manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
348 of 386 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apart my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
297 of 327 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
297 of 332 people found this useful
Triggering in high humidity
Owned the Nest fire alarm , it trigged two false alarms in three months both of them when the humidity was high. Alarm kept soundi Owned the Nest fire alarm , it trigged two false alarms in three months both of them when the humidity was high. Alarm kept sounding only stopped when I moved the alarm in an area in the house that wasn't subjected to the high humidity.
Can't find customer support to figure out how to correct this situation …
- Written by Jonathan M from Toronto
0 of 2 people found this useful
Want to love it but can't
I was the biggest advocate of this product but less than 2 years and two replacements and I am done. This is just not durable and I was the biggest advocate of this product but less than 2 years and two replacements and I am done. This is just not durable and is costing me a fortune having to call technicians to fix it. …
- Written by vincent W from Long Island city
1 of 1 people found this useful
I own 4 of these
I currently own 4 Nest Thermostats gen. 2 that are connected to 4 brand new American Standard Hvac units. Two Hvac units have bee I currently own 4 Nest Thermostats gen. 2 that are connected to 4 brand new American Standard Hvac units. Two Hvac units have been unusable due to faulty nest bases. Nest is aware these bases can be a major problem for some customers. So the fix is, send out the new and improved base that works. Why not send those out ahead of time before I am left in the dead of the winter with no heat in my child’s room (blaming my local Hvac guys for my loss of heat). Or in the summer time and the AC will not turn on (blaming my local Hvac guys for my loss of AC). After I installed the second base, I asked Nest to go ahead and send me two more new bases for my other two thermostats that have not been upgraded yet. Nest has refused my request. This along with the nine Nest Protects I own (I have had problems with too with no real solution from Nest) have been more hours of phone calls, troubleshooting and stress that Nest as a company could fix very easily. A company who wants to sell the most expensive Thermostats and Smoked detectors should really set the bar a little higher than this. …
- Written by Thomas G from Huntsville
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it have to be professionally installed or can you do it yourself?
- Asked by George T
- Apr 18, 2015
Most of the time you can install the Nest Thermostat yourself, if you have an advanced system (duel Most of the time you can install the Nest Thermostat yourself, if you have an advanced system (duel fuel heat pumps for example) you will want to look into professional installation.
If you follow the "Go here to verify that it's compatible" link in the product description page (Apple doesn't allow URLs here, sorry) then the compatibility checker will tell you for sure. …
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- May 4, 2015
is nest compatible with iPad air
- Asked by Charles L from Hercules
- Jan 19, 2014
Yes, according to the App Sore, the Nest app will work on any iOS device running iOS 5 or later.
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Jan 19, 2014
Will it auto recover after power outage or wifi outage
- Asked by Sam J from Marco Island
- Nov 3, 2012
I simulated a power outage by turning off the breaker & all returned to normal. I have AT&T uverse s I simulated a power outage by turning off the breaker & all returned to normal. I have AT&T uverse so my Internet is spotty & I've not had any problems. …
- Answered by Andrew J from Milwaukee
- Nov 13, 2012
Will this work with all the family iphones or just one specific iphone? iPhone4?
- Asked by Shanna W from Mora
- Nov 6, 2012
It will work with all the iPhones you have. Just install the nest app.
- Answered by Andrew J from Milwaukee
- Nov 13, 2012
Can I veiw the current temperature of the room the nest thermostat is installed from my iphone?
- Asked by Bill M from Ellington
- Dec 14, 2012
Yes. When you select the Nest thermostat in the app, it will show you both the temperature it is set Yes. When you select the Nest thermostat in the app, it will show you both the temperature it is set at as well as the current temperature of the room just like it appears on the Nest thermostat itself. …
- Answered by Albert L from Coquitlam
- Jan 14, 2013