The Nest Learning Thermostat makes saving energy simple with control over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Nest also remembers what temperatures you like and turns itself down when you’re away.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 95% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy History and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and what affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Lower your AC bill in the summer with Airwave, which cuts AC runtime automatically when humidity isn't too high—ensuring that you stay cool.
System Match turns on custom features depending on what heating or cooling system you have. It's perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pumps or for forced air systems.
If you’re comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. Three out of four people install Nest themselves in 30 minutes or less. A Nest Certified Professional can also help you install—visit Nest's website at nest.com to learn more.
Works in most houses
According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest works in 95% of homes with low voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant. Visit the Installation section at nest.com and click on the "compatibility checker" to see if it'll work in your home.
- Change the temperature from iPhone or iPad with the free mobile app
- Turn it up, turn it down—Nest learns what temperatures you like and programs itself
- Nest turns itself to an energy-efficient temperature when you’re not home
- Every month Nest will email you an Energy Report with info about how much energy you’ve used and tips to save more
- Most people install Nest in 30 minutes or less; if you can install a light fixture, you can install Nest
- Free Nest Mobile app available from the App Store
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Trim kit
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight: 8.6 oz./244 g
- Length: 3.26 in./83 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: T200577
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003037
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
- According to Nest’s online compatibility checker, Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24V) residential systems, including:
- Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) (Professional installation recommended)
- Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, either manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
339 of 371 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apart my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
284 of 310 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
289 of 320 people found this useful
Awful for Vacation Home
Though this thermostat is very cool looking, and the learning feature interesting, it lacks two basic feature that make it terribl Though this thermostat is very cool looking, and the learning feature interesting, it lacks two basic feature that make it terrible for a vacation home.
First, it does not have a low temperature alert that emails you when the temperature drops below a certain level. This would give you a chance to try to get ahead of freezing pipes.
Second there is no temperature hold feature. Sometimes I want to just set a temperature and leave it there... The most basic of functions.
People have been complaining about these issues for the past couple of years on the Nest boards and the complaints are falling on deaf ears.
Going to try to sell my 2 nests and get Honeywells. …
- Written by Gary R from Philadelphia
1 of 2 people found this useful
Nest is UNRELIABLE
STAY AWAY from this product if you intend to use in a weekend house, or any home that isn't occupied everyday. IT is unreliable. STAY AWAY from this product if you intend to use in a weekend house, or any home that isn't occupied everyday. IT is unreliable. The battery keeps going dead. The patches they've sent to fix are worthless. do NOT buy this product. It is TOO unreliable. …
- Written by Richard M from Hauppauge
1 of 2 people found this useful
You have been warned
Went through multiple emails making sure NEST was compatible with my heating system. Had the NEST professionally installed. On the Went through multiple emails making sure NEST was compatible with my heating system. Had the NEST professionally installed. On the 2nd day it just started blowing cold air. It is 40 degrees outside now and 42 degrees inside and I have to have the old system installed back on. Horrible gimmicky gadget here. …
- Written by William D from Newton
1 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can I trun off the auto heat and cool function? also how does the auto learn temptiture work when sys is off?
- Asked by Mark D from Vero Beach
- Nov 4, 2014
If the thermostat is is cool mode, it will never turn on the heat, so you can just have the window u If the thermostat is is cool mode, it will never turn on the heat, so you can just have the window unit cool the bedroom while the whole house unit keeps the house from going above 82. If you are using Heat•Cool mode, just set the night time heating temperature to be below the expected night time temperature for the season and it won't turn on.
With guests, just reset the night time temperatures (and turn off learning for their stay) and you are all set. For vacations, just set the thermostat to away and it will keep the pipes from freezing or the pets from frying as needed. (there are reasonable defaults for away mode, but you can adjust to your specific situation) …
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Nov 8, 2014
How much has someone saved with the Nest?
- Asked by Steven B from Glen Burnie
- Mar 9, 2013
is nest compatible with iPad air
- Asked by Charles L from Hercules
- Jan 19, 2014
Yes, according to the App Sore, the Nest app will work on any iOS device running iOS 5 or later.
- Answered by David K from Santa Clara
- Jan 19, 2014
use with electric baseboard
- Asked by Gerard M from Chambersburg
- Jan 21, 2014
I've have electric heat and the nest works great.no issues no problems.
- Answered by Manny M from New York
- Jan 22, 2014