This is the next-generation Nest Learning Thermostat. It's 20% thinner, has an updated design, and works in even more homes than the original Nest.
Nest creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you've made. All you have to do is get comfortable. It's so simple that 99% of Nests have schedules.
Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temperature when you're away, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty house.
Connect your Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi, download the free Nest Mobile app, and change the temperature from anywhere.
Energy history and Energy Report
See when the heat or AC was on and how your temperature adjustments, the weather, or Auto-Away affected your energy use. Then check your monthly Energy Report to understand how your energy use changes month-to-month and how you can save more.
Nest will show you when you're choosing a temperature that'll help you save. Look for the Leaf every time you turn the ring.
Most thermostats are made for conventional forced air systems, but not all systems are conventional. With System Match, Nest activates custom features depending on what system you have. System Match is perfect for high-efficiency radiant and heat pump systems that lose efficiency without the right controls.
Automatically turns the air conditioner off a few minutes early, then uses the fan to spread cold air through your home. This Nest exclusive can reduce AC runtime by up to 30%.
If you're comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. In fact, more than 90% of Nest owners install Nest themselves, with three out of four completing installation in 30 minutes or less. If you'd like help, you can schedule an appointment with a Nest Certified Professional at 855-4MY-NEST.
Works in most houses
Nest works in 95% of homes that have low-voltage heating and cooling systems. That includes gas, electric, oil, forced air, heat pump, and radiant.* Find out if it'll work in your home.
- Nest learns what temperatures you like and creates a custom schedule for your home.
- Stop heating or cooling an empty house; Nest turns itself down when you're away
- Connect Nest to Wi-Fi in seconds to change the temperature from anywhere
- Find out when your heating or cooling system was on, how much energy you used, and how you can save more
- You'll see a Nest Leaf whenever you set Nest to a temperature that'll help you save; the Leaf guides you to energy savings
Did you notice?Nest works in most homes.
Apple Recommends ForTake charge of your energy use with this thermostat that you can control from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Nest thermostat display
- Nest thermostat base
- Installation and Start Here guides
- Mounting screws and labels
- Optional Mounting kit
- Height : 1.24 in./31.6 mm
- Width : 3.26 in./83 mm
- Weight : 8.6 oz./244 g
- Mfr. Part Number : T200577
- UPC or EAN No. : 854448003037
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Two-year limited hardware warranty
- *Nest is compatible with 95% of low voltage (24v) residential systems, including: Forced air, radiant, heat pump, oil, gas, and electric
- One or two or three stage conventional heating
- One or two stage conventional cooling
- Heat pumps with auxiliary and emergency heat
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (Professional installation recommended)
- Dual fuel systems (Heat pump with furnace) )Professional installation recommended)
- Zoned systems (with and without dampers)
Adding a common C wire is not required in 99% of installations.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Outstanding product, great practical use of today's technology.
Great product. Easy DIY installation and set up. Helps save energy automatically by adjusting temp settings to your impute, eith er manually or automatically when you are home. It learns your comfortable/preferred temp settings rather than having to program it.
And you can completely control it (temp settings, heat or cool on and off, etc) from your iPhone or iPad.
Although not cheap, I bought 2 first generation units for our new house (one for up stairs, one for down stairs) and have been very impressed with easy of operation. I sit in bed at night and adjust either thermostat using my iPhone or iPad (or sit in a hotel room miles away) and see the outside temp and adjust the thermostat if it has not already learned my preferences. …
- Written by John C from overland park
218 of 228 people found this useful
This product is truly amazing. I had a little trouble getting it to work with my system but the nest help center walked me through it on the phone. I would recommend it to everyone. …
- Written by Hubert M S from Laurel
202 of 216 people found this useful
Really great, easy to install
This product was simple to install. I am by no means a home improvement do it yourself type. I've never even thought of taking apa rt my thermostat before. However, this was very easy to install and has been a joy to use. i'm very impressed and happy with this product. …
- Written by JONATHAN T from HASTINGS
194 of 206 people found this useful
Works as advertised... only better!
We've been using our Nest for 4 months. It's completely learned our habits. It knows that in the morning it needs to cool down t o compensate for my hair dryer, that Sunday mornings no one is home and it turns completely off. It knows our every move every day of the week and adjusts for it. Already seeing significant savings in our electric bill.
We had ours professionally installed and I could tell it was something we would not have been able to do. However, our installer had no idea how to set it up on our home network or connect to our wifi, but that part was a real breeze.
My husband and I both love being able to control it from our computers, iPad, or iPhones no matter where we are.
Only tip is to really give it a work out in the first two weeks so that it completely learns you patterns. You have to pay attention to your comfort all day long and tweak it all the time so it learns what you will be wanting it to do for you. The more you do, the more automatic it will make the adjustments in the future. …
- Written by Linda H from Tampa
2 of 2 people found this useful
One of the best products I've purchased in a long time. Never have to think about my climate control anymore!
- Written by Michael A from Bloomington
3 of 3 people found this useful
East to Install - Easy to use!
I installed 2 Nest Thermostats in our home. They work great with my iPhone and were easy to install even for a novice like me. Gre at Product …
- Written by Todd I from Valley City
6 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Dennis P from Gold Canyon
- Mar 3, 2013
Just to let you know, I saw a news flash today. Nest just released there version 3.5 so ftware. Nest thermostats now have Advanced Fan Control. Current Nests can be upgraded apparently.
This was the one feature I was waiting for.
just google nest.com new summer software
(apple does not allow a URL in these answers)
- Answered by Vance T from Toronto
- Apr 29, 2013
- Asked by Mahmoud H from Dearborn Heights
- Mar 17, 2013
It'll replace your existing thermostat, using the same wires for install.
- Answered by Jeff C from Smiths Falls
- Mar 25, 2013
Is there a way to lock the temp so a renter can't manipulate? Utilities have to be included in rent unfortunately.
- Asked by Pamela P from Dunlap
- Mar 22, 2013
Yes, you can have a PIN code to lock the thermostat which you can unlock/reset from their website or the mobile app. …
- Answered by Jeff C from Smiths Falls
- Mar 25, 2013
- Asked by John Y from Macungie
- Jan 1, 2013
- Answered by Charles S from Coaldale
- Feb 19, 2013