Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A8 with Lightning Connector by B&O PLAY
Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A8 with Lightning Connector by B&O PLAY
The BeoPlay A8 sound system connects your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Bang & Olufsen premium sound-quality speakers, wirelessly and instantly using Apple AirPlay. Or use the included Lightning or 30-pin connector to dock and charge your iOS device. There's also a downloadable app to let the BeoPlay A8 and its Class D amplifiers take over music duties from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you arrive home.
- Custom-made Bang & Olufsen speakers for brilliant sound
- Stream your music via Apple AirPlay
- Control music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Use the Lightning or 30-pin dock connector to charge your iOS devices
- Compact design can be wall-mounted
- Acoustic setting for walls, corners, and freestanding positions
- Dedicated remote control
Did you notice?The included Lightning and 30-pin dock connectors make it easy to use this as a speaker dock.
Apple Recommends ForListening to your music collection wirelessly and instantly.
What's in the Box?
- Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A8 Airplay Speaker Dock
- Two removable docks (Lightning and 30-pin connector)
- BeoPlay A8 remote control
- Wall bracket and two aluminum feet
- AC power cord
- User manual
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector
- Other Features: AirPlay, Lightning Connector
- Connections: AirPlay, Lightning
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 9.41 in./23.9 cm
- Width: 25.98 in./66 cm
- Weight: 9.37 lb./4.25 kg
- Length: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260041736
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years (When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.)
- *When you register your BeoPlay A8 product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Just Amazing Sound Machine
I had this for almost a year now, and let me tell you that so far there is nothing to complain about it, its awesome crystal clear I had this for almost a year now, and let me tell you that so far there is nothing to complain about it, its awesome crystal clear sound and a pretty good Bass kick. I mount it on the wall and I was blown away that after you switch the setting on the back for the deferents form to listen, either wall or corner and counter the sound its still good loud and clear.If your windows aren't shaking then you got taken. its worth every penny if you love music this is it, nice and elegant pleasant to listen, other thing it's not heavy very easy to change from one place to another or just airplay your iTunes music or radio on iPhone mac or iPod its all good. Thanks Apple for this awesome device can't complain...... …
- Written by Rene E from georgetown
27 of 32 people found this useful
Awesome big sound in a small elegant package
When I first heard the sound this machine can produce I was really amazed how clear and loud it is. It has a real punch to the bas When I first heard the sound this machine can produce I was really amazed how clear and loud it is. It has a real punch to the bass and crisp clear treble even at the maximum volume - you can actually feel it! Just incredible and loving it every day with the flexibility to either stream over Wi-Fi AirPlay or dock my iPhone, iPod, or iPad. One feature I really like is that I can transfer the sound from my Apple TV to the BeoPlay A8 which is great as I have them in different rooms so I can easily transfer the audio to the kitchen where I have the BeoPlay. It is also loud enough to take outside when hosting a party. …
- Written by Magnus L from Poughkeepsie
34 of 39 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
His it compatible with the iphone 6? it appears not when i look in the compatibility list, is just because it has not been updated since the release?
- Asked by Francois B from St-armand
- Dec 2, 2014
How many WATTS? In searching for speakers I'm disappointed that manufactures do not want to includes the WATTS in the product description!
- Asked by Ken H from Greenville
- Jul 11, 2014
A Google search yielded this:
BeoPlay A8 integrates 2 x two-way systems, each with a ¾” treble un A Google search yielded this:
BeoPlay A8 integrates 2 x two-way systems, each with a ¾” treble unit, a 5” custom-made midrange/bass unit, a fully integrated 70 watt Class D amplifier for the bass and midrange and a 35 watt amplifier for the treble unit. …
- Answered by John J from Ankeny
- Oct 22, 2014
Is beoplay a8 compatible with iPad AIR ?
- Asked by Marko C from Zagreb
- Apr 3, 2014
Yes it is, either with airplay or physically connected to the cradle. Earlier A8 models did not have Yes it is, either with airplay or physically connected to the cradle. Earlier A8 models did not have the new connector we are now familiar with on the iPad Air and latest iPhones. If you purchased an A8 recently all will be fine, if you've got the older connection Bang and Olufsen will provide a new one for you. Before using the new connector there is a firmware update needed to make it work. If you're asking the question before buying, then the answer is 'yes' as the brand new models all support iPad Air. …
- Answered by Brian W
- May 8, 2014
CAN I PLAY MUSIC FROM MACBOOK AIR ITUNES VIA BLUETOOTH TO A8 BANG & OLUFSEN SPEAKERS
- Asked by Sarah J
- May 24, 2013
Is it possible to conect to a subwofer
- Asked by Raul A from Miami
- Apr 28, 2013
No, this is a standalone speaker - the Bass on the speaker is superb so you won't need to connect to No, this is a standalone speaker - the Bass on the speaker is superb so you won't need to connect to a sub.
If you are still unsure go to your local Bang and Olufsen shop and ask for a demo. You will be surprised. It is stunning. …
- Answered by Christopher H
- Jan 1, 2014
so if its conected with air play then i dont have to conect it to the speaker it self
- Asked by Vivian S
- Oct 13, 2013