The Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5 is a handsome hybrid case that provides one place for your iPhone and the contents of your wallet. This pocket-size book also protects your iPhone in two ways. Hard-back book covers shield against bumps and bruises, while the unique visual design disguises your wallet and phone.
Slip your driver's license, bank cards, and a little cash into the right side of BookBook, then snap your iPhone 5 into the leather wrapped frame on the opposite side and the story is complete. Grab your keys, BookBook, and head out the door.
Get the most out of iPhone 5
Tailored exclusively for your iPhone 5, Book Book has a built-in camera hole that lets you easily snap photos with the iSight camera or shoot stunning HD videos. BookBook's snap-in frame allows edge-to-edge access to all four inches of the Retina display. You also have easy access to all buttons and ports.
- Pocket-size book marries a wallet and case for iPhone
- Genuine leather case is tailored to fit iPhone 5
- Built-in camera hole for taking photos and video
- Snap in frame allows edge-to-edge access to Retina display
- ID window with convenient thumb slide
- Three credit/debit card slots, an ID slot, and one for cash/receipts
- Hand-distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case for iPhone a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place—and protect it—thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Wallet
- Material: Leather
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002672
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
267 of 302 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first thoughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
219 of 258 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the camera hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
162 of 185 people found this useful
As of iphone 5, the noise cancelling mic is on the back by the camera. When you open the bookbook to talk on your phone, the mic As of iphone 5, the noise cancelling mic is on the back by the camera. When you open the bookbook to talk on your phone, the mic is covered and everyone you speak to will complain as they can hardly hear you.
12 south advice is to speak on the phone without folding the case completely back on it self OR disable the rear mic in settings. I've done both and people still complain. I asked bookbook what other ideas they had for the issue and even supplied them with a copy of the receipt. I won't say what they told me but I'm teetering between laughing, crying and feeling insulted.
This case looks good, has great features but really kills the main function of the iphone which is to be used as a phone.
Apparently any case that folds back like the bookbook will have the same result.
Apple should stop selling this product and 12south should stop manufacturing it. Or at least honour the warranty to us poor sods who have purchased it. …
- Written by Tatiana O from Toronto
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not built to last...
Good product, but will not last. mine has cardboard and plastic exposed at the corners after 15 months of normal use. Given the pr Good product, but will not last. mine has cardboard and plastic exposed at the corners after 15 months of normal use. Given the price, a leather product should last longer. Sadly, I could not even get the support department of Twelve South to acknowledge that their product should last 15 months with normal use. If you want a few months of use, this is highly functional, but it is not a longer term solution. …
- Written by Manoj P from Winston Salem
1 of 1 people found this useful
Step Up and Step Out
This is a 5 star rating, of course, after having used it for a half dozen months and having had a 4 Book for a couple of years or This is a 5 star rating, of course, after having used it for a half dozen months and having had a 4 Book for a couple of years or more. This one is perfect. Thank you! Why? Not really bulky, when you think it can carry your major card or two, your medical information, fishing license and an emergency $5 bill, plus a cash card and a drug card, if you're in to drugs.
Bonus factor for those who always complain about how hard it is to take their phone out a case to insert in to some other specialty item, like a bike ride system or a music system such as Bose has to offer: it's a very simple thing to do, you just take it out and press it back in to the binder. It's a miracle, and a very useful one at that, as opposed to other miracles, which do not seem to move me much, having no utilitarian value at all. This case is excellent. I would buy it for you if you loved me. …
- Written by Reuben R from Cornwall
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I use an OtterBox case (commuter series) with my iPhone 5 — will I be able to use it with the BookBook?
- Asked by Chris C from Fairfax
- Apr 11, 2014
Will the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5 also fit the new iPod Touch?
- Asked by Sylvia T from District Heights
- Dec 8, 2013
No. The case is very specifically molded to the iPhone 5 shape and the new iPod touch is too slim an No. The case is very specifically molded to the iPhone 5 shape and the new iPod touch is too slim and would fall out. …
- Answered by Cameron J from Rochester
- Mar 19, 2014
do the Twelve South BookBook case work for the Iphone 5c?
- Asked by Rickey R from Des Moines
- Mar 27, 2014
will this case fit iPhone 4
- Asked by Tawnia P from Santa Rosa
- Dec 2, 2013
No, it is only for iPhone 5,5s
- Answered by Hayder H from Serdang
- Dec 26, 2013
Will this case fit and work properly with the upcoming iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Christopher P from Blackalls Park
- Sep 11, 2013
According to Twelve South's website, yes. It will fit the upcoming iPhone 5S.
- Answered by James P from Hollywood
- Sep 16, 2013
Will this case fit the 5S model as well?
- Asked by Michael S from Norton
- Sep 11, 2013
- Answered by Andrew G from Mount Pleasant
- Oct 15, 2013