Featuring a nine-pin connector design, Belkin's FireWire 800 cable supports all the advantages of FireWire—including simultaneous connection of up to 63 devices, real-time digital audio and video transfer, peer-to-peer device connections, plug-and-play device installation, and hot swap capability.
- Flexibility and durability
- Data transmission speeds of up to 800 Mbit/s
- Minimizes cross-talk and transmission errors
- Easy plug-and-play installation
- Convenient 9-4 pin adapter included
Did you notice?Long-lasting, flexible construction keeps cross-talk and transmission errors to a minimum.
Apple Recommends ForGet maximum speeds for transferring files or directly connecting Macs.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin FireWire 800 9-Pin/9-Pin Cable
- 9-Pin/4-Pin adapter
- Cable Length: 6.6 ft./2 m
- Connections: 9-Pin Firewire
- Mfr. Part Number: F3N420yw2M-APL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868905050
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
Ratings & Reviews
It works, poor design
Used this cable/adapter to go from my 4-pin Panasonic MiniDV video camcorder to the 9-pin Firewire 800 port of a Mid 2010 MacBookP Used this cable/adapter to go from my 4-pin Panasonic MiniDV video camcorder to the 9-pin Firewire 800 port of a Mid 2010 MacBookPro. Adobe Premiere had no problems capturing with this set up but the 9/4-Pin adapter had to be jammed into the camcorder due to the port placement near the camcorder battery. It's an enormous adapter! I almost want to sand it down a few millimeters. If your 4-pin port is in a tight spot on your device, you'll find the adapter very annoying. But it got the job done. …
- Written by ANTHONY S from San Jose
12 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can i use this to transfer video off my camcorder dv mini tape to iMac computer 2010
- Asked by Brian T from Weston
- Feb 11, 2014
Yes but if you have a 2012 Mac you most likely need a thunderbolt adaptor as well. I have a 2012 iMa Yes but if you have a 2012 Mac you most likely need a thunderbolt adaptor as well. I have a 2012 iMac and I am connecting my Sony DCR-HC96 to it and I don't have a FireWire port just USB and thunderbolt. So I will need a FireWire cable and then a thunderbolt adaptor. …
- Answered by Rob G from Dearborn
- Feb 22, 2014
I have a JVC min DV recorded with a type 2 / 4 pin firmware. Can I use this cable set to connect it to my Mac/thunderbolt?
- Asked by Steve H from Madison
- Mar 9, 2014
what would you use the 9/4 adapter for.... i.e.. does it connect to a camera for example? What use cases for it?
- Asked by Marilyn M from West Roxbury
- Feb 15, 2013
yes it would allow you to connect to many digital video cameras some are 4 pin, 6pin or 9 pin.
- Answered by Nathan W from Summit
- Mar 4, 2013