Connect your MacBook to your HDTV using the Belkin Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter. It delivers both digital audio* and video signals for easy data transfer.
- Converts video to connect to any device enabled with HDMI technology
- Provides a digital audio* and video signal to your HDTV
- Supports full 1080p resolution and audio
- Molded strain-relief dongle provides flexibility for placement throughout the house
- Easy plug and play
Did you notice?Transmits video and audio* from your Mac with Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port for viewing on any HDMI-enabled device.
Apple Recommends ForConnect your MacBook to any HDTV to browse the Internet, share photos, and stream audio or video from a variety of sources.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Connections: HDMI port, Mini DisplayPort
- Mfr. Part Number: F2CD034ywAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868904985
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- *Audio support available only on MacBook Pro computers released after mid-2010. Older MacBook computers will require a separate 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable for audio.
Ratings & Reviews
Broke after less than a month...
Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/ Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/connectors aren't hot-glued into place like this one is.
Bought mine in August, and it broke this past weekend. It's super cheap for the $35 you pay. …
- Written by Evan G from Holland
118 of 126 people found this useful
Great Idea Poorly Executed
Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month l Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month later, maybe 4 or 6 movies total, the adapter no longer works. Perhaps I shouldn't have left it plugged into my iMac but who really unplugs these sort of things when the TV menu allows choosing input with the remote. The adapter is quite warm to the touch and the TV is set to the same HDMI port as the cable is plugged into so it's not a connectivity issue. The TV just doesn't show up on the iMac 'Display' or 'Sound' under 'System Preferences' as it did before. I'm disappointed, wanted to watch a movie instead of writing a negative review but here I am. Avoid this product. …
- Written by amos H from Punta Gorda
108 of 116 people found this useful
I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It supports multi screen as well, effectively making my HDTV a second monitor. If you need a disc drive in your MacBook and want an HDMI connection, this is the best way to go. The cord is about 6 " inches long which is good for portability but more importantly, and unlike the other Belkin connectors, has a female input for the HDMI. This allows the use of any HDMI cable rather than the adapter/cables with a male end which would have to reach the screen to connect. …
- Written by JAMES L from LONDON
77 of 88 people found this useful
Failed to function properly right after purchase. The connection seems to be loose even when fully plugged into the thunderbolt sl Failed to function properly right after purchase. The connection seems to be loose even when fully plugged into the thunderbolt slot on my Macbook Pro. The view on the my Tv would come on and off. Tested using another HDMI cable and another HDMI slot on TV, the problem is most certainly the adapter. …
- Written by Sebastian A from Hong Kong
3 of 3 people found this useful
Broke first day of use - would give 1/2 star if possible
I bought this adapter at the Apple Store near me so we could play movies on our t.v. from the computer. First day of use, my son I bought this adapter at the Apple Store near me so we could play movies on our t.v. from the computer. First day of use, my son was using it to put his video game up on the t.v. and the MiniPort end came loose and no longer worked. VERY disappointed. This adapter should be more rugged than this. …
- Written by Laura B from Needham
3 of 3 people found this useful
Do Not Buy!
It is a shame this is on the apple.com official site.
I purchased this adapter with a MacBook Air in September of 2013. While I It is a shame this is on the apple.com official site.
I purchased this adapter with a MacBook Air in September of 2013. While I have successfully connected my 2008 iMac to a TV with a cheap adapter from ebay, this product, endorsed by the apple store, has not worked once. More recently attempted uses seem to relate to a crashing computer. DO NOT BUY. …
- Written by Stuart M from London
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this the same as thunderbolt? WIll it work with a 17" MacBook Pro with a thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Charlie M
- Jul 16, 2013
Yes, it will work.
- Answered by Dr A from Boston
- Jul 19, 2013
Can I use this to connect a mac mini HDMI out to the Apple thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Randall G L from Laguna Beach
- Mar 8, 2014
when it says "Audio support available only on MacBook Pro computers released after mid-2010." Does this mean there is no audio for Macbook Air's ?
- Asked by Elisha R from Georgetown
- Jan 4, 2014