OverviewThe Tech21 Impact Mesh case is the ultimate impact protection design, fully integrated with D3O for your iPhone 5. The D3O material provides a barrier between your iPhone and everyday accidents. If you should drop your iPhone, the molecules within D3O lock together upon impact, absorbing the energy and dispersing the energy away from it—so you have an added layer of durability.
- Fully Integrated Case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design offers sleek and minimalistic look
- Impact Mesh encases the corners and back of the iPhone 5 to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without the bulk
- Fits iPhone 5
- Raised screen bezel
Did you notice?D3O is a military-grade impact protection material.
Apple Recommends ForEnsure that your iPhone 5 stays as pristine as the day you purchased it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5
- Height : 0.39 in./1 cm
- Width : 2.6 in./6.6 cm
- Weight : 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length : 5.16 in./13.11 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : T21-2156
- UPC or EAN No. : 5055517310949
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year from date of purchase
Ratings & Reviews
Smooth contours, grippy yet easy to pull from pocket, slick looks & D3O!!!
This is a really nice well made case. I ordered it on a whim as I prefer to not use a case with my iPhones, but the iPhone 5 is su ch a jewel and so slippery. I have the black phone and the smoke color case and they look slick together. It is not really mesh, but a texture that is within the smooth semitransparent back. It has a shape that is comfortable to hold and very slim (perfect for someone who doesn't want a case but needs one). I ride off road motorcycles and my body armor is made of D3O material. This stuff is unreal. It's amazing impact absorbing properties is hard to realize examining this case, but my experience with this stuff in my body armor makes me very comfortable with the idea of dropping my phone. …
- Written by James R from Bozeman
166 of 187 people found this useful
Great iPhone Case
Before Tech21 was even in Apple Stores, I purchased the impact case for my iPhone 4 several months ago. It has a great feel in you r hand, fits the phone well, and the phone remains intact (good protection). Then I got an iPhone 5, gave my case to my dad, and bought 2 more (one for my mom). The iPhone 5 case is even better. It is slimmer and offers the same protection. The only weakness is on the bottom where material becomes thin to allow access across the speaker, lightning port, and headphone port. However, it doesn't harm the structural integrity of the case because the corners are strong. I would recommend to anyone. …
- Written by Jasper E from Calistoga
107 of 120 people found this useful
Great Product!! Looks Great!!
This is my First Tech21 Brand Case, and my First Case for my iPhone 5!! Nice and Light, does not add much Bulk, with the case on i t is still Lighter than my 4s!! The Case Looks Really NIce on my White iPhone 5!! No Cons!! Give it a try, I don't think you will be Disappointed!! Good Luck!! …
- Written by Dustin S from Franklin
89 of 106 people found this useful
My iPhone 5 has been in this case since purchased 6 months ago. The phone has traveled to Asia, Africa, and Europe, been dropped, been in my pocket while doing all kinds of outdoor work and still looks new. The case is very light and the edges are soft so you are hardly aware it is even in your pocket. It really does protect the phone, but without the bulk of a case like the Otter Box. I was skeptical that the case would really work, but lots of outdoor work and 75,000 miles of travel have proven it does the job! …
- Written by STEPHEN V from SAN ANTONIO
Great case, great price
I ordered this case because it seemed to have the best reviews, consistently. It seems solid and if the hype is to be believed, it will protect my phone against falls. Pros: attractive; not too bulky (I like the streamlined case-less look); easy to put on and take off; allows access to all buttons. Cons: didn't realize that the charcoal color actually has orange on it too, and I'm not a huge fan of the two-tone look; not "grippy" and feels more like smooth plastic than rubber (this is a taste thing as well); doesn't come up as high on the edges so I am worried that it won't do much for the screen, if it comes to that *knock on wood*. …
- Written by Valerie R from Portland
very nice, i have no scratches in my iphone 5
very good it cares and keep safe the iphone very well.
- Written by kurt stefan S from santiago
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Jennifer H from South Windsor
- Jun 7, 2013
NO the buttons are very nice and simple to use.
There is no cover for the mute button. all in all v ery very good. …
- Answered by James Harrison C from Playa Del Rey
- Jun 8, 2013
- Asked by Nancy C from Princeton
- Apr 2, 2013
no. I use a screen protector and it's great.
- Answered by James Harrison C from Playa Del Rey
- Jun 8, 2013
- Asked by Laurel R from Walnut Creek
- Mar 10, 2013
I have had many cases for my iPhone 5. Including those from Speck and the Otterbox Defender. I curre ntly have this case on my phone, and I love it. I've had it for a few months and it's so light and protective. I drop my mine phone all the time and this protects it. …
- Answered by Lillian C from Deerfield Beach
- May 21, 2013
Are you currently selling the older model (with one large cutout for the buttons) or the newer model (with three smaller cutouts) of this case?
- Asked by Duncan D from Asheville
- May 13, 2013
Does this case have the open bottom or the extra connectors for the support near the lightning cable outlet?
- Asked by Todd B from Cuyahoga Falls
- Apr 26, 2013
The bottom is completely exposed from the heaphone jack all the way over to the speaker. No problem s with accessing those ports. …
- Answered by Heather D from Glendale
- May 8, 2013