The Tech21 Impact Mesh case is the ultimate impact protection design, fully integrated with D3O for your iPhone 5 or 5s. The D3O material provides a barrier between your iPhone and everyday accidents. If you should drop your iPhone, the molecules within D3O lock together upon impact, absorbing the energy and dispersing the energy away from it—so you have an added layer of durability.
- Fully Integrated Case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design offers sleek and minimalistic look
- Impact Mesh encases the corners and back of the iPhone 5 or 5s to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without the bulk
- Fits iPhone 5 or 5s
- Raised screen bezel
Did you notice?D3O is a military-grade impact protection material.
Apple Recommends ForEnsure that your iPhone 5 or 5s stays as pristine as the day you purchased it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: TPU
- Height: 0.39 in./1 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.6 cm
- Weight: 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length: 5.16 in./13.11 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-2157
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517310970
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year from date of purchase
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is fantastic!
I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a goo I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a good job of minimizing that. Also I would say its comparable to otter box protection without the bulk. Great purchase. I hope they come out with other colors. …
- Written by Tina H from Dallas
202 of 221 people found this useful
I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times up to 4 feet high & the side bumper protected it perfectly. It is clear at front & back, so it still shows the beauty of your iPhone. Pair it with a Zagg skin protector & your iPhone 5 will be fully protected while showing off it's natural size & beauty! :) …
- Written by cristina O from BRAMPTON
192 of 219 people found this useful
very good case
have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will l have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will like it …
- Written by TIMOTHY L D from TULSA
132 of 161 people found this useful
Very sleek and protective case
I purchased this case at the Apple Store in Grand Central Terminal in New York. Great case. Very minimal style and very protective I purchased this case at the Apple Store in Grand Central Terminal in New York. Great case. Very minimal style and very protective. Its definitely an eye catcher and fits most USB cables. Definitely gonna purchased other colors of this case. (iam using the blue color) Thanks again Tech21. …
- Written by Timothy W from Brooklyn
1 of 1 people found this useful
Good protection without the bulk
I've only had it a day, but nothing in stores compares to this. Good protection without a massive case. A lot of cases with adequa I've only had it a day, but nothing in stores compares to this. Good protection without a massive case. A lot of cases with adequate protection are so big they prevent you from touching the sides of the screen, but this case feels like the best balance of size vs. protection. Also, it feels a bit like vinyl so it grips to your hand and won't fall out like a lot of smooth cases. The materials used are flexible so the phone is easy to get out of the case, but not so flexible that it would stretch and deform like silicone.
The only minor issue I had initially was the sharp edge on the bottom by the dock connector irritating my pinky with the way I held the phone. I had just upgraded from the shorter iPhone 4, but with the taller 5S, I have changed how I hold the phone anyways. …
- Written by James W from Nanaimo
2 of 2 people found this useful
It doesn't work
Dropped my phone and the entire front screen shattered. Don't buy this case for protection.
- Written by Patricia H from GREENWICH
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
No, it does not work on the 5C. The 5C has elongated volume buttons and a curved back/rear, while th No, it does not work on the 5C. The 5C has elongated volume buttons and a curved back/rear, while the 5 & 5S have round volume buttons and a flat back/rear. …
- Answered by Robert M from Hoboken
- Nov 25, 2013
is this a hard case or is it a more bendable rubber?
- Asked by Allison L from Hudson
- Oct 22, 2013
It's not hard at all. It has a rubbery/flexible plastic feel that snaps really nicely onto your iPh It's not hard at all. It has a rubbery/flexible plastic feel that snaps really nicely onto your iPhone 5 or 5s. Although it's not hard, it will protect your iPhone really well. …
- Answered by John T from Alpharetta
- Oct 23, 2013
does this case work with the iPhone 5S?
- Asked by Dan R from Rochester
- Sep 11, 2013
Yes, I just bought one today and it fits perfectly.
- Answered by Nadine B from Auburndale
- Sep 22, 2013
Does this case have the best protection of all cases one can buy for the iPhone5?
- Asked by Laurel R from Walnut Creek
- Mar 10, 2013
having owned many cases Id say it one of the toughest.
BUT The ottoorbox and Lifeproof casses are m having owned many cases Id say it one of the toughest.
BUT The ottoorbox and Lifeproof casses are more heavy duty in a class way above the tech 21 Mesh. …
- Answered by James Harrison C from Playa Del Rey
- Jun 8, 2013
do i need a screen protector for the Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5
- Asked by Adele L from Schenectady
- Aug 12, 2013
I have this case on my iphone 5 and I have an invisible shield screen protector to make sure nothing I have this case on my iphone 5 and I have an invisible shield screen protector to make sure nothing gets scratched when being tossed around I'm not very careful with my phone so it sometimes meets head on with my keys. With the case and a protector it's an added layer of protection. …
- Answered by Tiffani J from Washington
- Oct 29, 2013
Are the portals covered on the Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5?
- Asked by James C from Torrance
- Mar 1, 2013
No. It could be a problem in a dirty environment. For the average user whose phone is in their pocke No. It could be a problem in a dirty environment. For the average user whose phone is in their pocket, like me, I just blow them out with my breath once in a while and have had no problems. It was an adjustment though, my last 4 cases were otterbox defenders. I wouldn't go back! …
- Answered by James M from Fargo
- Mar 9, 2013