The Tech21 Impact Mesh case is the ultimate impact protection design, fully integrated with D3O for your iPhone 5 or 5s. The D3O material provides a barrier between your iPhone and everyday accidents. If you should drop your iPhone, the molecules within D3O lock together upon impact, absorbing the energy and dispersing the energy away from it—so you have an added layer of durability.
- Fully Integrated Case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design offers sleek and minimalistic look
- Impact Mesh encases the corners and back of the iPhone 5 or 5s to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without the bulk
- Fits iPhone 5 or 5s
- Raised screen bezel
Did you notice?D3O is a military-grade impact protection material.
Apple Recommends ForEnsure that your iPhone 5 or 5s stays as pristine as the day you purchased it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: TPU
- Height: 0.39 in./1 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.6 cm
- Weight: 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length: 5.16 in./13.11 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-2157
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517310970
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year from date of purchase
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is fantastic!
I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a goo I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a good job of minimizing that. Also I would say its comparable to otter box protection without the bulk. Great purchase. I hope they come out with other colors. …
- Written by Tina H from Dallas
263 of 287 people found this useful
I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times up to 4 feet high & the side bumper protected it perfectly. It is clear at front & back, so it still shows the beauty of your iPhone. Pair it with a Zagg skin protector & your iPhone 5 will be fully protected while showing off it's natural size & beauty! :) …
- Written by cristina O from BRAMPTON
249 of 278 people found this useful
very good case
have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will l have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will like it …
- Written by TIMOTHY L D from TULSA
179 of 211 people found this useful
When I first bought my iPhone 5s in silver I had to get a nice sleek case to slip it on under right away for easy protection durab When I first bought my iPhone 5s in silver I had to get a nice sleek case to slip it on under right away for easy protection durable and no added bulk. Looks great on and have received many compliments. Thanks Apple :) Reminds me alot of the Speck Gemshell, but case has not yellowed after a couple months so far looking good and shows the back of the phone which I like. Don't really like cases that hide the apple logo and detailing in back and wanted to showcase the overall structure of this beautiful phone in a clear with orange strip case. …
- Written by John H from Lowell
Best case on the market
Very durable yet sleek case. Provides excellent protection without the bulk of an otter box. I've had this case for about 9 months Very durable yet sleek case. Provides excellent protection without the bulk of an otter box. I've had this case for about 9 months and it still looks brand new (kind of unheard of for an iphone case). Best case out there in my opinion. …
- Written by Raymond D from Montgomery
1 of 1 people found this useful
Case Rocks! I have 6 Tech21 cases & Love them all!
Awesome case! I own around 70 cases and this is my top case for all around use. It's great with durability, fits great, etcetera. Awesome case! I own around 70 cases and this is my top case for all around use. It's great with durability, fits great, etcetera. I read a review about it messing up a screen protector. IMO that individual messed up the screen protector. They should understand these cases are meant to fit exactly. So you should use caution and/or call tech21 for assistance, it doesn't matter who put the screen protector on. Someone didn't like the orange band that encompasses the edge of the case. Come on, seriously? Do a little research. Google...use it. It is the foundation of this company. D30?! Really. If you are a fishing guide, scuba diving instructor, rock climbing guide, think that you are Rambo, etcetera, then obviously you need a $400.00 case and don't expect this case to be some supernatural entity that is going to surround your phone with a magic force field. I love it. It fits great in my hand. It's not slippery but it's not sticky and hard to get out of my pocket. Being a man and generally going with neutral colors, I have clear, blue/teal and smoke colored cases. I also found one online that was in a T-Mobile branded case that was a green variation and two of band style products. Great cases. They provide great corner protection, which is the screens most vulnerable area. Great fit. Quality feel.
I'll buy ones for my iPhone 6 when it comes out.
• Quality overall case
• Great corner protection
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Perfectly fitted for iPhone 5 & 5s
• People compliment it. Which, even though I had nothing to do with making the case, it is a good sign.
• Edges come up and over face which offers great protection but not obtrusively so.
• Offers great protection without hindering the multitude of qualities my iPhone offers.
• Not a miracle worker. Not really a con but if you need a waterproof, bulletproof, etcetera and you're a fighter pilot or work for NASA and need a case that will protect your iPhone from 1,000 G's, asteroids, gasses from Jupiter and Mars dust then you need a slightly different case. Call Tech21 they can probably make you a special order one. …
- Written by Devin M from WEST COLUMBIA
1 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this protect the front and back of the iphone 5s from drops
- Asked by Lupe Y from Winston Salem
- Mar 12, 2014
Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than the back. It has a raised bevel.
I had this case on my phone, and it fell from a height of about two-three feet, square on its back, onto a hardwood floor. It really wasn't a long hard fall at all, but a connector inside became partially dislodged, and only about a third of the touch screen worked. Also, the screen displayed weird lines and was distorted as a result of the fall.
I love this case, but buyer beware, if your phone falls flat on it's back, it's likely to get damaged. Apple DID cover this for me (thankfully) under Applecare, but I can't guarantee you'll be as lucky. I have had many drops before and after that incident, and never had any other issues.
The sides of this case are awesome, and make the case bounce like a bouncy ball when struck on it's side. Definitely does a good job dispersing the energy of a hard drop on a corner. Despite the one time it didn't save my phone, (I'm not sure what case could have) I love it. …
- Answered by Carter B from Purcellville
- May 21, 2014
Does the color on the blue or pink version fade like with Speck cases? Should I just go for "smoke" to avoid discoloration?
- Asked by Vanessa R from Long Beach
- Feb 11, 2014
My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope that helps! …
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
- Feb 12, 2014
Does this case work with a tempered glass screen protector?
- Asked by Randy C from Aurora
- Feb 6, 2014
Yes. I have one on mine. ( :
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
- Feb 12, 2014
Does this case make the iPhone 5 bulky and heavy?
- Asked by Amelia L
- Jul 3, 2013
NO!!!!!! It is awesome, smooth and very slim line.
- Answered by Ginger F from Evans
- Aug 10, 2013
No this doesn't protect it against water damage but a case i would recommend that's life proof is th No this doesn't protect it against water damage but a case i would recommend that's life proof is the Atlas by Incipio. …
- Answered by Humberto C from Duncanville
- Feb 3, 2014