OverviewSpeck's award-winning CandyShell case for iPhone 5 combines a glossy outer shell with a shock-absorbent rubberized center for seriously sweet protection. So you get the benefits of a hard and soft case in one tasty design.
- Seamless hard-shell case with soft interior lining
- Rubberized interior and button covers offer shock absorption and protection
- Patented one-piece design
Did you notice?Two-toned style gives this case sweet, eye-catching looks.
Apple Recommends ForGive your iPhone 5 the benefits of a hard case and soft case in one design.
What's in the Box?
- Speck CandyShell Case for iPhone 5
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A1812
- UPC or EAN No. : 875912030182
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Purchased this case for the slim look with still a great protection. Already got to test the shock absorption when I dropped it a nd everything turned out fine. The plastic scratches easily though. The case is also very tough to get off once you put it on, which makes me feel comfortable with the protection. I had to buy a new aux cable for the car stereo because the headphone opening on the case isn't big enough for the current aux cable I had. …
- Written by Elisa G from Reston
25 of 27 people found this useful
Speck iPhone 5 case
I've had this case on my iPhone 5 since the very beginning. It was easy to put on, has a nice clean look, and effectively protects the phone. I already accidentally dropped it, face down in my garage and the phone, including the screen survived. All of the functions on the phone are easily accessible. I'm extremely pleased with this case. …
- Written by Donna S from Tamarac
23 of 25 people found this useful
Perfect for that price:)
This is the best Iphone 5 case. I have it and I really enjoy it!! It is made from nice materials and it is comfortable to hold my Iphone in my hands, also really durable and if you drop your Iphone the glass or shiny back will not brake! Also it has robber around screen so you can put it face-down! You can also acces all ports! in conclusion this case is one of the best choice! …
- Written by Rasa K from Vilnius
22 of 26 people found this useful
This case is just not well thought out. It's a bit too bulky, which I wouldn't mind so much. But the inability to plug the phone i nto an adapter is its true downfall. Removing the case every time I want to connect to external devices has caused the corners to crack, making the case loose. Also the thin plastic around every port has quickly broken, & the rubbery part around the iPhone face is all frayed & peeling off. …
- Written by Misty H from SEVIERVILLE
1 of 1 people found this useful
Love the concept, badly crafted
I've had two Specks, one for my formal iPhone 4S and one for my current iPhone 5. Both cases start off perfect, and I did gone thr ough some occasions that the case saved my phone from breaking into shattered pieces. What I will say is that they do the job you expect them to do, but unfortunately they won't last long. The iPhone 5 CandyShell improved the durability of hard outer plastic shell, but I see no improvement on the rubber ring - They start to flaking soon after you start using it, and after a certain time, could be four months (in my case) or could be shorter, a section of rubber ring will come down and leave a corner of your phone under risk. I still absolutely love how Speck comes up with the idea to design these cases, but they definitely need to seek better manufacturer to produce the actual product for them. …
- Written by Wayne C from Pleasanton
3 of 3 people found this useful
It's the best one! Fits perfectly in the hand and protects your iphone. I recommend with pleasure!
- Written by Caio P from Santana de Parnaíba
10 of 12 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Coleen B from Northville
- May 6, 2013
- Asked by Phil W from Lakeside City
- Nov 2, 2012
No it wont. The touch is thinner.
- Answered by Raymond T from Canton
- Nov 6, 2012
Sort of... It is held snugly in the case and to take the phone out of the case - the easiest way is to push your finger in the camera lens hole to prod the phone from the case. Once you have it partly out the rest of the way is easy. …
- Answered by Richard N from Boise
- Feb 22, 2013
Having the same problem, SPECK candy shell on - wifi range significantly reduced, shell off, normal range resumes.
Im reading that there were at least two wifi chipsets designed for the iPhone 5, one from INTEL and one from APPLE itself. The later seems to be the problem child.
The only fix is to get your mobile operator to swap the phone out. …
- Answered by Neil K from North Brunswick
- Mar 6, 2013
- Asked by Shawn H from San Diego
- Nov 26, 2012
No, have to buy separately
- Answered by Daniel O from Leicester
- Dec 14, 2012