OverviewSpeck's award-winning CandyShell case for iPhone 5 combines a glossy outer shell with a shock-absorbent rubberized center for seriously sweet protection. So you get the benefits of a hard and soft case in one tasty design.
- Seamless hard-shell case with soft interior lining
- Rubberized interior and button covers offer shock absorption and protection
- Patented one-piece design
Did you notice?Two-toned style gives this case sweet, eye-catching looks.
Apple Recommends ForGive your iPhone 5 the benefits of a hard case and soft case in one design.
What's in the Box?
- Speck CandyShell Case for iPhone 5
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A1811
- UPC or EAN No. : 875912030168
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
A high-quality and protective case.
I went into a brick-and-mortar Apple store and it was incredibly busy there. Frustrated with all the commotion I bought 5 differe nt cases to bring home, analyze, and return the undesired. After eliminating a few other cases this case is one of the final two.
*The case seems to be of VERY good quality.
*Its most notable feature is that is seems to be considerably more protective of the phone than any other case.
*It snaps on very well. More tightly than any I've ever seen.
*It does provide clearance between the face of the phone and a flat surface it the phone were set face down. This helps to ensure the face of the phone doesn't get scratched when set down, face side down.
*The very feature that makes the case so incredible has an inherent downside -- bulk. It is a bid larger than the other cases. To those as particular as myself, this case is 0.05" (~1/32") thicker than the other cases (I measured it myself).
*This case does hide the backside of the iPhone 5
If you don't like broken cases and a couple extra hundredths-of-an-inch doesn't bother you, I would ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND this case. …
- Written by Jeff Z from HARTFORD
38 of 41 people found this useful
Great Case, With Reservation
This is a great case, very solid and protective. Allows for great sound through the iPhone speakers if you use those, and the butt ons are easy to push with the rubber casings.
The case does show fingerprints on the black and scratches easily, but better the case than the phone. Also, the case won't let the 30-pin to Lightning adapter to connect, so be prepared to go Lightning all the way.
Suggestion: Get the case for excellent protection, get it in white, and go Lightning. …
- Written by Peter B from Valley Center
28 of 29 people found this useful
The case is light but mighty. The phone is protected without a lot of bulk. Feels solid in the hand. Some people complain about th e plastic scratching to easily but I would rather the plastic get scratched then the phone . …
- Written by DENNIS P from Parsonsburg
18 of 19 people found this useful
Case falls apart
After a few days of owning it, and only taking the phone out of the case once, the rubber on the edge began to peel up. Dropped it once and it made it worse, after 3 months of having the case it has about half the rubber still attached and I just ended up replacing it with a different case. However it is a solid case and it protected my phone from a drop onto concrete. The back gloss surface scratches easily. …
- Written by Michael B from Houston
Not a Fan
I bought this case with my iPhone 5 back in September of 2012. Since this was one of a few cases available at the time for the pho ne, I bought it. (Black / Grey)
- Simple design
- Doesn't get stuck in pants
- Not too much bulk
- Headphone port hole isn't big enough for L-shaped cords
- The plastic on the case shows scrapes.
- Only lasted 3 months, the bottom rubber wears and tears off.
I would say buy this if today was September 12th, 2012. But there are SO many better cases for better prices. Skip this one. …
- Written by Cullen S from Trussville
3 of 4 people found this useful
Didn't protect my iPhone 5
My screen shattered with about an 18" drop. My fault, but very disappointed this case didn't save it.
- Written by James C from Temple Terrace
1 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Coleen B from Northville
- May 6, 2013
- Asked by Phil W from Lakeside City
- Nov 2, 2012
No it wont. The touch is thinner.
- Answered by Raymond T from Canton
- Nov 6, 2012
Sort of... It is held snugly in the case and to take the phone out of the case - the easiest way is to push your finger in the camera lens hole to prod the phone from the case. Once you have it partly out the rest of the way is easy. …
- Answered by Richard N from Boise
- Feb 22, 2013
Having the same problem, SPECK candy shell on - wifi range significantly reduced, shell off, normal range resumes.
Im reading that there were at least two wifi chipsets designed for the iPhone 5, one from INTEL and one from APPLE itself. The later seems to be the problem child.
The only fix is to get your mobile operator to swap the phone out. …
- Answered by Neil K from North Brunswick
- Mar 6, 2013
- Asked by Shawn H from San Diego
- Nov 26, 2012
No, have to buy separately
- Answered by Daniel O from Leicester
- Dec 14, 2012