Overview3M™ Privacy Filters help prevent anyone from viewing your on-screen data from the side, while maintaining impressively high clarity when viewed straight on. Each Privacy Filter is custom-cut for the relevant MacBook Pro or MacBook Air model. Each package includes two filter application systems, along with an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens.
- Helps keep on-screen information private; screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Reversible with glossy finish on one side and a matte finish on the other
- Glossy side offers highest clarity for viewing; matte side offers reduction in screen glare
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
- Made in USA
Did you notice?Safeguards your display and gives you the choice of a glossy or matte surface.
Apple Recommends ForUse your Mac in coffee shops, airports, and other public places while keeping on-screen text private.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Mfr. Part Number : PFMRR15
- UPC or EAN No. : 051128829127
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
Ratings & Reviews
It is as advertised
This product is exactly what it is advertised as. Its a privacy filter. It darkens the screen dramatically, and prevents viewing f rom the sides. I was looking more for an anti-glare screen cover like i have on my iPhone(my fault, not product's). I rated this 3 stars because I don't particularly like it. It attaches with adhesive strips, which I don't like. It darkens the screen, and makes things difficult to see, which I don't like. Dust and other stuff does get between the screen and the guard, which I don't like. I cant give this less than 3 stars, because it performs as advertised, but I can't give it 5, because I don't like it. If I was looking for a privacy filter, I'd have given it 4 stars because it darkens the screen a lot, and I do a lot of photo/video stuff and have to get super close to the screen to see well. For the price, I wouldn't recommend for a screen protector. …
- Written by christopher M from las vegas
17 of 21 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 19, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 10, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
- Apr 9, 2013
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu ild with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 14, 2013