3M™ Privacy Filters help prevent anyone from viewing your on-screen data from the side, while maintaining impressively high clarity when viewed straight on. Each Privacy Filter is custom-cut for the relevant MacBook Pro or MacBook Air model. Each package includes two filter application systems, along with an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens.
- Helps keep on-screen information private; screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Reversible with glossy finish on one side and a matte finish on the other
- Glossy side offers highest clarity for viewing; matte side offers reduction in screen glare
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
- Made in USA
Did you notice?Safeguards your display and gives you the choice of a glossy or matte surface.
Apple Recommends ForUse your Mac in coffee shops, airports, and other public places while keeping on-screen text private.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Height: 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Width: 14.13 in./35.89 cm
- Weight: 1.9 oz./53.86 g
- Length: 9.25 in./23.49 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMPR15
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829097
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit a MacBook Pro (early 2011) model (non-retina display)?
- Asked by Rahul V
- Mar 20, 2014
This filter does not properly fit the 2009 MacBook Pro. I wanted this product for the anti-glare as This filter does not properly fit the 2009 MacBook Pro. I wanted this product for the anti-glare aspect, not for privacy. One side of the filter is for anti-glare, and the other side is for privacy. I have a 2009 13" MacBook Pro and the filter does not fit properly. It comes with two-sided tape for attaching it; I was expecting the kind that uses static to attach. You need to tape the filter to the screen so it covers everything and doesn't fall off, but doing this leaves about a half inch of the MacBook Pro screen unprotected around the perimeter. (The black border on the computer screen unprotected.)
In my opinion, using the anti-glare side of the filter does not cut the glare enough to justify how bad it makes the screen look. I would estimate it cuts the *resolution* at least by 30%. I would estimate that the filter cuts the *glare* by about 10%.
HOWEVER, the privacy side of the filter works as advertised; it blacks out the screen as the viewing angle widens, but you still need to tape it to the screen.
Even if this filter fit correctly, I would have still returned it because it doesn't cut the glare enough to justify lessening the resolution as much as it does.
However, if it fit correctly and I needed a privacy screen, this would be a good product. …
- Answered by Matt N from Redwood City
- Jul 11, 2014
Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?
- Asked by Andrew H
- Jan 16, 2014
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either! …
- Answered by Frederick G
- Mar 25, 2014
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
- Apr 9, 2013
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 14, 2013
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
- Nov 14, 2013
I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filt I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filter appears to be virtually much darker than I expected. However, when I put it on, it doesn't seem to affect much. I have the brightness slightly less than halfway in a room with normal light and it is more than enough for me. Note that I use the matt side (as I hate glare and reflection). Would have loved to compare it side by side with the glossy one but don't think there's a big difference.
All in all, the filter doesn't bother me at all with the brightness. …
- Answered by Kriengsak P from Gold Coast
- May 5, 2014
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 19, 2013
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
- Jul 26, 2013
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 10, 2013
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
- Jul 23, 2013